• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Personally, even if they show non-game footage like they did with ORAS, I'll still be excited. Because unlike ORAS... any pokemon they show (save the one new pokemon we DO know about) will be new and something I've never seen before. It'd be something new to talk about for a little while and to speculate on. I'm dying for anything new. Information dehydration is being brutal, man.

I'll be fine with whatever, as long as we get to see at least one new pokemon.

Does anyone know what time Pokenchi airs in Japan? If it's not too late, I might stay up to watch it.

Anyway, I'm excited for the tiniest scrap of information because it will likely be something we don't know! I'm hoping for at least the mascots.

Does anyone know what time Pokenchi airs in Japan? If it's not too late, I might stay up to watch it.

Anyway, I'm excited for the tiniest scrap of information because it will likely be something we don't know! I'm hoping for at least the mascots.

Pokenchi airs at 8:00 am Japan time on Sunday, which is 7:00 pm Saturday in EST

I'll be fine with whatever, as long as we get to see at least one new pokemon.
Well...technically we know about the bird due to their possible Furfrou/Trevenant slip up.

Though I'd be pretty bummed however if all they show is the bird or the bird's silhouette and more Magearna stats and not like the starters or anything else.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/715463655240781824

Looks like Pokenchi will be them looking at the announcement video. There could be more to it, we don't know, but keep expectations low now we've seen this.

If we do get nothing then at least Corocoro is only just over a week away and they've pretty much said it will have new stuff.

I'm curious what the tweet says. Sure there's the picture, but eh.

Yeah. Providing insight as to why they make the choices they make would be interesting, and could tell us more than we think it would.

I've noticed people pointing out that from the screencap in the tweet, the two Pokenchi hosts don't look surprised or hyped at all, which is kinda funny considering everytime there's a reveal or coverage on their show, they go into hype-overdrive mode.. I'm starting to think this is going to play out like :

they'll show the trailer, and then the hosts will be like "That's it? =("

Then Masuda and friends walk on, and are like "Don't be dissapointed! We actually gave you alot! >=D" and then proceed to explain the concept art shown, and then maybe give us something new, like a silhouette or something.

Last edited:
I've noticed people pointing out that from the screencap in the tweet, the two Pokenchi hosts don't look surprised or hyped at all, which is kinda funny considering everytime there's a reveal or coverage on their show, they go into hype-overdrive mode.

I noticed that too, and I think that's a really good point. There's also Masuda on Twitter, who has been tweeting and re-tweeting posts about this episode for the past few days. Most of it has been responses to his followers, telling them to make sure to watch the episode.

Yeah. Providing insight as to why they make the choices they make would be interesting, and could tell us more than we think it would.

I've noticed people pointing out that from the screencap in the tweet, the two Pokenchi hosts don't look surprised or hyped at all, which is kinda funny considering everytime there's a reveal or coverage on their show, they go into hype-overdrive mode.. I'm starting to think this is going to play out like :

they'll show the trailer, and then the hosts will be like "That's it? =("

Then Masuda and friends walk on, and are like "Don't be dissapointed! We actually gave you alot! >=D" and then proceed to explain the concept art shown, and then maybe give us something new, like a silhouette or something.

Man I hope you're right. That thought had crossed my mind, but I'm fearful that the 3 will show up before the old trailer is shown and that'll be it......I guess we'll see what happens on Saturday though.

http://i.********/vp/1459479271847.jpg
New Twitter from Masuda.

That's kind of interesting... although I don't think it might be related to SM, it says something about the fiscal year.

I wonder what the 28 is though, it's on the plasma screen but not in the post.

Maybe the date? Could have been the 28th of the month, a few days ago.

That Masuda's tweet basically says that he is going to the company yearly meeting. He commented that there will be 10 new faces to the company this year and he is excited to work with them on future projects.

Well, if pokemon.com was going to release something before pokenchi, we are getting close to that time. More likely Corocoro is going to be where we get our real information it seems. At least we'll probably see that leak in about a week and a half, even if we don't get much on saturday/sunday.

Also, OMG I want this.

Back
Top Bottom