• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Trailers and News Discussion

LadySasaki

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
I'm gonna pre-order Sun soon because I don't want to miss out on the Steelbook edition. I was hoping to hold out for version exclusive info in one of the trailers, but I figure it doesn't matter too much, that's what trading is for :)

Dizzard

Reaction score
So I feel like I've interpreted something incorrectly.

In the latest trailer there's a line of text that reads "Clear each island's trials and battle the kahunas"

Does that mean there may be multiple trial leaders per island? Since it says "trials".

I was under the impression that there was one trial leader per island.

Esserise

Based Leaker Affleck wants to battle!
Reaction score

In the latest trailer there's a line of text that reads "Clear each island's trials and battle the kahunas"

Does that mean there may be multiple trial leaders per island? Since it says "trials".

Nope, there are more than just four Captains. Mallow and Kiawe have both been pinpointed down to Akala Island, for example (and it seems likely than Lana is on Akala as well).

Dizzard

Reaction score
Nope, there are more than just four Captains. Mallow and Kiawe have both been pinpointed down to Akala Island, for example (and it seems likely than Lana is on Akala as well).
Yeah that's actually where I became confused because I was watching a gamexplain analysis video and they connected Mallow, Lana and Kiawe to Akala island.

Interesting if that's the case it sounds like we'll have even more important characters to battle with the trial leaders and kahunas combined.

You know I was just thinking about this last night but I love how more proactive these trial leaders seem to be. They act as your guide throughout the trial rather than just waiting around for you to come beat them.

PurplePegasus

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score

There can be multiple trials per island.

In fact:
Kiawe is located on the volcano on Akala Island, Mallow is located in Lush Jungle which is also on Akala Island and Lana is located at the water basin on Akala Island.

Sophocles' location is very hard to pin point. So it's unknown at this point.

EDIT: Keep getting Ninja'd.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
You know I was just thinking about this last night but I love how more proactive these trial leaders seem to be. They act as your guide throughout the trial rather than just waiting around for you to come beat them.
Yeah, and this time the region and nature is the "gym". Instead of gyms being these wacky assault courses isolated inside buildings and detached from the world.

PurplePegasus

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
This new trailer could show us more trial captains. Or possibly more of Akala Island. Either way, it's going to pose more questions than answers like most news has done so far.

Alolan Ninetales

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
At this point, I think they might show new Alolan Pokemon, maybe starter evos (This is highly doubtful but I'm dreaming big), and maybe some info on the evil team.

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if the news on the 12th will feature what was shown in CoroCoro. Perhaps not in the Japanese trailer, but I can see the English trailer showing what was there.

Dizzard

Reaction score
I'd really like some more info on version exclusive Pokemon.
Yeah it's kinda strange how we haven't had anything revealed regarding exclusives (aside from the legends obviously) or the fossil Pokemon yet.

Although I guess you could say we got word of the evil team later than usual too so they're probably still on their way.

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
or the fossil Pokemon yet.
I wouldn't say that it's "strange" that we haven't got a word about the fossil pokemon yet. I mean, Aurorus and Tyrantrump were only revealed during XY's pre-release just a month before the games' release, so it's not really something uncommon to happen.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
That's true. And the fossil Mons aren't exactly the best description of "version exclusive", as only DP really empathized on that. Almost every other game you got to choose which fossil to get, with Platinum doing the RNG bit, so I wouldn't call the fossils the best example of that.

Truth be told, I think we may have seen an example of version exclusive Mons already: Bounsweet and Fomantis. Think about it. They're both pure Grass-types, both have the same ability, and both probably have only one evo (we don't know Bounsweet's evo just yet, but the chances of it having more than one evo is low if this is correct). So other than the box legends, we may already know one pair of version exclusive Mons. I'm not saying that's set in stone right now, as we don't genuinely know, but given the similarities, it's likely that they are version exclusive.

Esserise

Reaction score
I wouldn't actually be surprised if there were no Fossil Pokémon this time around. Hawaii doesn't have much of a fossil record due to it being so (comparatively) recently formed.

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Serebii pointed out CoroCoro apparently specifically refers to the sandcastle Pokemon and baby Bewear as CoroCoro exclusive, but doesn't do so with the others...he thinks this could mean we might not see them Friday, and it could be like Rockruff and Komala where they're added the next update post-CoroCoro.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I wonder if the news on the 12th will feature what was shown in CoroCoro. Perhaps not in the Japanese trailer, but I can see the English trailer showing what was there.
Apparently the sand castles and Bewear pre-evo are listed as "Corocoro exclusives" in the magazine, while super awesome butt-kicking sea cucumber and the form-changing fish aren't. Since Corocoro is due for release on the same day as the trailer, maybe the sandcastles and Bewear pre-evo won't be in this upcoming batch to remain Corocoro's "exclusives" for a while?

As long as we get information on the sea cucumber I will be happy with anything we get. I love it <3 I'm nicknaming it Cumberpunch for now.

Edit: Garren beat me to it, except all my sea cucumber fanboying :p

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
I wouldn't actually be surprised if there were no Fossil Pokémon this time around. Hawaii doesn't have much of a fossil record due to it being so (comparatively) recently formed.
Except that pokemon designs are independant from the region's inspiration.

There are no wild polar bears running around New York and yet, we still got Cubchoo and Beartic in Unova.

Esserise

Reaction score
Except that pokemon designs are independant from the region's inspiration.

There are no wild polar bears running around New York and yet, we still got Cubchoo and Beartic in Unova.
Well aware of that. Doesn't in any way mean that they can't draw from that fact, though.