• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Not caring too much for most of these new Pokemon designs... Oh well, more room for Alola variations in my team, I suppose!

Official strategy guides do provide that information, it'll be in the move index.
Official strategy guides tend to regurgitate what is already accessible in the games like move power, category and effect description. But from what they have shown during the Battle Royale, it doesn't look like you can click on the Z-move to get more detail info (power, category, effect).
Edit: nevermind, I apologize. I looked at the gameplay again and there is an info button on the move.

Last edited:
Official strategy guides tend to regurgitate what is already accessible in the games like move power, category and effect description. But from what they have shown during the Battle Royale, it doesn't look like you can click on the Z-move to get more detail info (power, category, effect).

at this point it seems that these moves are so powerful that they go beyond special/physical because there would have to be a physical and special z-move for each type to fully represent the types. (There are many water pokes with shit sp.att and vice versa, so the water z-move would be contradict its user, making it less useful).

at this point it seems that these moves are so powerful that they go beyond special/physical because there would have to be a physical and special z-move for each type to fully represent the types. (There are many water pokes with shit sp.att and vice versa, so the water z-move would be contradict its user, making it less useful).
But seriously, I was slightly unimpressed with the Hyper Sprint, partly because the other Z-moves all have crazy animation and Pikachu sucks big time. Could only bring Rowlet down to HALF??! with a Z-move??!

But seriously, I was slightly unimpressed with the Hyper Sprint, partly because the other Z-moves all have crazy animation and Pikachu sucks big time. Could only bring Rowlet down to HALF??! with a Z-move??!

Well pikachu also isn't the strongest pokemon either...

I love the new Fire/Dragon that we got. Another Dragon to add to the list of Dragons. Great design, cool typing and decent ability. Definitely want to use that.

I do like Turtonator, though I'm wondering how/if Shell Trap will differ from Counter.

Still, ugly Gamera may have a place on my roster.

Edit: Have there been any other non-mega Fire/Dragons?

Only Reshiram.

It seems odd though that there are so far only 2 dragons who are part fire (and we only got our first one in gen v). I guess GF thought that would be too much (and I guess that the fact that almost every dragon in the game can learn flamethrower/fire blast lessened the need for them...and the fact that they lose their two weaknesses: ice + fairy)

Back
Top Bottom