• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Trailers and News Discussion

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
I wonder if Turtonator will be like Mudsdale and have a pre-evolution.
Its design is pretty complex, so I could see a it being built off a more simple design.

I get this weird feeling that Turtonator is actually the first stage of a line and will evolve, though. Hopefully into something that looks more like a proper dragon, or a quadrupedal dragon-tortoise.

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
Its design is pretty complex, so I could see a it being built off a more simple design.

I get this weird feeling that Turtonator is actually the first stage of a line and will evolve, though. Hopefully into something that looks more like a proper dragon, or a quadrupedal dragon-tortoise.
It looks pretty final to me honestly, but I could also see it having a prevo based on that. Or it could be like its cousin Torkoal.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Does anyone get Bowser vibes from Turtonator? I mean they are both turtle dragons. Maybe Turtonator's inspiration is the same as whatever inspired Bowser?
Idk what Bowser is inspired by, but Turtonator is mix of a matamata turtle, a kappa, a kaiju (probably Gamera) and also explosives.

I wonder if Turtonator will be like Mudsdale and have a pre-evolution.
I think it'll have a pre-evo. Not only does it look like the sort of Pokemon to have a pre-evo, the site says it lives on volcanoes and we really only have one obvious one on the map, which is on the second island. And it looks too strong to be encountered early in the game imo. But maybe I'm wrong and it is, I guess we'll see.

Zeb

Reaction score
Hmm, not seeing an ankylosaurus in it personally.

Zeb

Reaction score
Stream link for the opening ceremony of Worlds. Note we aren't guaranteed any news from this, but the last few years there has been an announcement, so we will just have to wait and see. It starts shortly.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

Kharixi

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Fire/Dragon on Turtonator is an honest waste in my eyes. As far as its design goes, I think it should be Fire/Ground, or perhaps Fire/Rock. Regardless, it's unlikely I'll catch this Pokémon for any reason other than completing the Pokédex.

Peachy

Disappointment
Reaction score
Oh my god Crabrawler. I love it. But now I have 2 new Fighting type vying for my attention. Decisions, decisions.

And Sandygast and Palossand look great in game. I like how their little shovel's spin around.

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Pompadour crab. I love it. And I love how it looks like it has a black eye. Nice touch. I'm hoping for a champion-themed evolution or two.

Stufful's cry is so cute. Now it's guaranteed a spot on my team. And the little plush tag coming out of its butt is another little detail to push the teddy bear theme. But I wonder what the in-universe explanation is for it? Also another way to make a Yugioh joke; Stufful = Fluffal

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Crabrawler huh? I don't really like it, I actually preferred yesterday's reveal.
Sandygast and Palossand look a lot more interesting in motion.
Stufful is clearly based on a red panda plushie. The tag underneath its tail was a cute detail.

Alolan Alomomola

Reaction score
I really like Crabrawler, but surely it could have been a Water/Fighting type? When was the last time we had a non legendary Water/Fighting Pokemon?