• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I am never going to have a team going am I. Like holy crap with this gen. Electric and Ground are my most used types behind water, and that was already a good amount of struggle. Then they throw Palossand into the mix and suddenly ghost is an issue too. Then crabrawler with its fighting type rolls into town busting heads open left and right, and I am just sitting here muttering one word, fuck. Having to choose between multiple electric ground, ghost, and fighting types is torture, especially cause I might have to ditch the starter or one of the above to make room for Pikipek and Salandit. And this is just with prerelease pokemon, the full dex is probably going to drice me up a wall. First gen in a long time were I am utterly at a lost, and I might do some type overlapping for the first time since gen 3 with Swampert and Flygon. Good job gamefreak, it takes something extremely special to back me this hard into a corner.

May the Crab pokemon would evolve into Fighting/Water? Anyway, it has a decent design and abilities.

Not all crabs are aquatic. Crabrawler seems to be based on a Coconut Crab. Which is a land based crab and it can't swim. It'll actually drown if it's submerged in water for long: Coconut crab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if there are other land base crabs or if Coconut Crabs are just an exception though.

It always annoys me to no end how some people think that they know how to type Pokemon better than the creators at TPC with video like top 10 mistype Pokemon or it should have been Dragon, or please, GF, make this Pokemon x-type.

It always annoys me to no end how some people think that they know how to type Pokemon better than the creators at TPC with video like top 10 mistype Pokemon or it should have been Dragon, or please, GF, make this Pokemon x-type.
Yeah, everyone is a critic. But you can't please everyone. Some people will always be disappointed or pretend to know better.

For the most part, I agree, although I do think that Water/Poison would have been just as fitting, if not more, for Pyukumuku, given what it is based on.

For the most part, I agree, although I do think that Water/Poison would have been just as fitting, if not more, for Pyukumuku, given what it is based on.
Well, sea cucumbers aren't that toxic really. They are one of the ingredients in Chinese cuisine. I've eaten, I don't know, about 100 of them more or less till now.

While I do agree that people are entitled to their opinions, they should at least respect other people hard work. Time and efforts were put in by the creators at TPC to create the creatures we all love, so I think it's ok to say I don't understand why this mon is this typing, but it's very disrespectful to say a Pokemon is mistype. It's arrogant to think they know better than the creators.

Time and efforts were put in by the creators at TPC to create the creatures we all love, so I think it's ok to say I don't understand why this mon is this typing, but it's very disrespectful to say a Pokemon is mistype. It's arrogant to think they know better than the creators.
Of course, not even Game Freak themselves are above pulling stunts off like they did with Jellicent (because apparently it was originally pure Water)... But I digress, that was more for the sake of type diversity than anything.

I think the next bit of news/trailer would be at the end of this month or at the start of the next. Maybe a mixture of new pokemon, alola forms, trial captains and something new maybe?

Of course, not even Game Freak themselves are above pulling stunts off like they did with Jellicent (because apparently it was originally pure Water)... But I digress, that was more for the sake of type diversity than anything.

Water/Ghost was a more interesting type combination anyway, so I think it was still for the best. Plus it suits their behavior of dragging ships down into the depths. (Actually, I wonder if that detail came before or after they added the Ghost type to them?)

Link?

(Actually, I wonder if that detail came before or after they added the Ghost type to them?)
I think that detail was added when they decided to make it Water/Ghost.

I don't know where the actual links are, but supposedly the artist who drew Frillish and Jellicent was new to Game Freak at the time and was a bit upset at the change.

Besides diversity, it's also based on Japanese mythology.

In the mythology story, there's a head of old grandpa floating in seas. It's considered as Yokai, so Jellicent can be assigned Ghost type.

HMMMMMMM. Site update for the new Pokemon included 3 old Pokemon lines for the games, much like Zubat and Dragonite. Those lines are Spearow, Gyarados, and Pinsir. HMMMMMMM. Mega's incoming?

HMMMMMMM. Site update for the new Pokemon included 3 old Pokemon lines for the games, much like Zubat and Dragonite. Those lines are Spearow, Gyarados, and Pinsir. HMMMMMMM. Mega's incoming?

Gyarados and Pinsir already have one...

The only commonality is that they're all part flying type (Pinsir's mega at least)

Gyarados and Pinsir already have one...

The only commonality is that they're all part flying type (Pinsir's mega at least)
Exactly my point, you have two Pokemon with megas next to Pokemon without em. The flying bit you mention is exciting though, because if its not a hint to megas but Pokemon Ride Soaring options, its still an indirect hint to megas as you would need mega pinsir to fly. Maybe?

What if we are reading too much into this and it means nothing?
I would normally agree, but these are the same games with Pokemon being teased through npc clothing, and Pokemone Ride helmets. At this point, for me at least, anything is possible. And the site did have teasers for all 3 major points of this months updates, albeit that was stated outright. I wouldn't put it past them for something being teased with these 5 specific Kanto Pokemon in games that have a bunch of other Kanto Pokemon being dradtically redesigned.

Folks, the pages about old Kanto Pokemon are just there to showcase new Pokedex entries and highlight the anniversary. The sooner you accept it, the better.

They will keep adding new pages every week, so reading anything into the current selection is a bit desperate.

Back
Top Bottom