• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

There was no footage at all, it was just a re-airing of the announcement from the last Pokemon Direct. It was just one big April Fools joke! Now I'm very let down, I was so excited and now I was let down.

My thoughts exactly @LadySasaki . Should've known they'd pull a Sucker Punch attack on us.

Welp, let's just hope that CoroCoro will be astronomical with the goodies this time around.

....... That pun was unintentional, I mean it.

I so hope CoroCoro comes through!

I feel like we were spoiled with XY, getting that gorgeous trailer the same instant as the announcement. It makes waiting literally months for ANYTHING about Sun/Moon positively agonising.

Remember when Game Freak told us to watch Nintendo Direct back in December and we saw the side games for the 3DS on the Nintendo eshop and Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow going to virtual console? It was kind of disappointing since we were expecting a new Pokemon game and a bunch of other franchises got a new game announced. Back then we got fooled like we got fooled now. It wasn't until 2 months later we got Pokemon Sun and Moon announced.

We didn't get Sun/Moon footage, but we got something better.

CfE0QcmWsAAW8B5.jpg
This tiny pikachu that talks to you when you put it in your hand. I couldn't ask for more tbh.

I so hope CoroCoro comes through!

I feel like we were spoiled with XY, getting that gorgeous trailer the same instant as the announcement. It makes waiting literally months for ANYTHING about Sun/Moon positively agonising.

Exactly. Imo they got it right with the X/Y announcement. That's how you kick off hype. (Well. . they probably would've been better off announcing it in March-April instead of January, and we could've not gone through the massive news drought that followed) . It had everyone interested from the get go, even people that weren't pokemon fans at the time.

Announcing S/M, not showing anything for it in the reveal, then going quiet for the next month and a half kinda makes it reaaallyy easy for the games to fall off of everyone's radar.

Yeah, what's there marketing angle here? I mean maybe they thought they'd given us too much with XY, but then just give us one or two pokemon a month instead of like the full page of new pokemon you gave us back then every issue, instead of nothing at all.

Perhaps they are still working on the graphics before they show any footage or screencaps? We know the developers tend to work on the environment graphics last, so maybe they are changing the style and environment quite a bit from the previous generation and they want to get a few things really ironed out so when they show footage people won't be like "That looks like crap!" like they have before.

Remember: Pokénchi delivered exactly what they promised. If anyone is feeling salty about today's lack of news, then they shouldn't blame Pokénchi or The Pokémon Company, but the hit-hungry glorified bloggers and general sites who were unwilling to research past trends and exacerbated hype-levels despite continued warnings from seasoned Pokémon fans.

Yeah, what's there marketing angle here?
I doubt a lot of the children who watch Pokénchi would have actually seen the announcement Direct. For example, in past years the various iterations of this show have basically served as a mouthpiece to regurgitate information announced in CoroCoro and elsewhere.

Well, at least we know there will be more than 10 Pokemans. :LOL:

I'm kind of curious though, even though he was pretty much joking around... I wonder if we may get less new 'mons than what we got in XY. It just seemed like an odd number for him to sound off so randomly, but that's just me.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/716421607464390657

okay I laughed a little.

And regarding the "more than 10 new pokemon" thing, it could also be seen as him sarcastically poking fun and X/Y's low amount.

I'd be surprised if gen 7 gave us even more than gen 6, considering the odd numbered generations are the ones that have given us more new pokemon in the past.

@stygain: I laughed a little too. But is SM suppose to release in the end of this year? I think having a gameplay in April is far too soon.

I doubt a lot of the children who watch Pokénchi would have actually seen the announcement Direct. For example, in past years the various iterations of this show have basically served as a mouthpiece to regurgitate information announced in CoroCoro and elsewhere.

Sure, but the direct announcement was made over a month ago, if they were going to come on just to announce the next games to little kids, you'd think they would have done it earlier. Last week in particular makes sense, since it's not like they are going to have new stuff to announce from CoroCoro until two episodes from now, so they would have to wait regardless. Although I guess Pokken tournament came out last week (or was it the week before?) so maybe they just didn't want to take away hype from that. I don't know, I just think they could have given us even the tiniest bit more, since we absolutely, literally learned not a single thing or were given any hint about anything to look forward to at all. Hell they could at least have shown us a silhouette of the pokemon form the trailer, jeez! It would have been lame and wouldn't have spoiled anything we didn't already know, but at least it would have felt like something.

Well, I'm done, I've moved on. The hype train's new destination is CoroCoro leaks!

Heh. If it's possible for a Serebii entry to be sheepish, I think this one just managed it.

Don't know why anyone's surprised though. They rarely announce anything new in these sorts of TV spots. And it's far too early to begin promoting things for a pre-Christmas release.

Didn't last month promised some Sun and Moon stuff for this month? I forgot.

Didn't last month promised some Sun and Moon stuff for this month? I forgot.

Serebii.net said as much, but who knows what this 'stuff' will actually entail. For all we know it could be screencaps from the stupid anniversary trailer. I think I would scream if that was the case though.

EDIT: From Serebii.net, 12th of march, 2016

"The next image from CoroCoro has leaked showcasing the limit of what is in CoroCoro for Sun & Moon. In this small bit of information, it promises that from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine. This will begin next issue, which is released on April 15th 2016. We'll bring more as it comes."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom