• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

41 hours till the reveal. So feeaking anxious

I need some kick ass water starter!

I'm lucky because on Tuesday after 13:00 I will be free, so I will be able to sit and see live the update 14:00 local time.

I don't have work on Tuesday, so I don't have to worry about work when I wake up early at 7:00am.

I'm really excited for Tuesday and while stuff leaking out early would be nice in a sense, I'd rather see what surprises they have in store with the announcement instead of that being changed again. It will give me something to look forward to when I check Serebii first thing Tuesday morning anyway.

Part of me hopes CoroCoro leaks tomorrow so I won't have to wait till Tuesday. But at the same time I don't really want leaks to spoil the official announcement again.

Same here, but it would be even better if Corocoro leaked on the exact same day as the announcement, which would not only possibly give us additional information, but the entire fandom would likely explode from the amount of information we would get.

Less than 48 hours to go!! *heavy breathing*

So if it turns out to be a Direct or trailer rather than just a website update, we'd likely get news of it tomorrow or early on Tuesday, right?

Same here, but it would be even better if Corocoro leaked on the exact same day as the announcement, which would not only possibly give us additional information, but the entire fandom would likely explode from the amount of information we would get.
Except what if this is what we are supposed to be getting in CoroCoro and they want to put it out there so it wont leak before they can reveal it themselves. Im not sure I would expect a huge info dump but the boxes/box legends at least. Im personally not really expecting much else. I would like to see player characters though. I also hope for a trailer of the games.

Less than 48 hours to go!! *heavy breathing*

So if it turns out to be a Direct or trailer rather than just a website update, we'd likely get news of it tomorrow or early on Tuesday, right?

The news is set to come at a very specific time. It's not like how when CoroCoro officially comes out and the west updates on the 14th rather than the 15th. In that case it's simply because Japan already has the info. This time the info is coming from a direct source. It's set to come at 9 pm on the 10th in Japan. So it will be out at whatever the correct time that correlates with that in the other time zones. Like for me on the east coast of the US it will be 8 am on the 10th. It's a set time so no updates will come until that time comes. Unless of course CoroCoro leaks really early. In that case we may have the info at any point. hahaha

My hopes aren't necessarily up, but being entirely realistic, a trailer is likely -- what is within the trailer is up for debate, but the lack of information provided thus far, in tandem with X&Y setting a precedent three years ago with a release trailer, it feels right that it will be done here again.

Trailers being a video rather than a handful of images also becomes easier to share as it is a composite of information that will be disected and generate more user-driven content, which is free marketing for the game.

So a trailer is a must, I would think.

Masuda is apparently telling people to check the Pokemon Youtube tomorrow. So a video is confirmed! The content of the video however will have to be seen. Might just be art of the mascots and no gameplay footage at all or we could be treated! (Please treat us Masuda...)

Here's where he's saying it: Look for tomorrow : 増田順一 公式ブログ

Last edited:
I hope that CoroCoro and this newly confirmed video will be on different stuff. However, it is most likely that CoroCoro will just recap the stuff in the video. But still, I think I am one among many who is happy to finally have news. As long as it's a nice amount, I'll be happy.

Please be like the XY announcement trailer please please please

Would be nice to get the legendaries, starters and PC's all at once, after that long wait with no info. Confirmation of customization would also be really nice, just give me one second of the PC changing outfits D:

The news is set to come at a very specific time. It's not like how when CoroCoro officially comes out and the west updates on the 14th rather than the 15th. In that case it's simply because Japan already has the info. This time the info is coming from a direct source. It's set to come at 9 pm on the 10th in Japan. So it will be out at whatever the correct time that correlates with that in the other time zones. Like for me on the east coast of the US it will be 8 am on the 10th. It's a set time so no updates will come until that time comes. Unless of course CoroCoro leaks really early. In that case we may have the info at any point. hahaha

Sorry, I don't think I phrased myself well ^^ (all excited, haha!)

I meant that if the news is coming via a Direct or trailer, we will get information that the Direct or Trailer is coming either today or early tomorrow, right? because I'm not imagining they'd suddenly magic a Direct into existence at 9pm JST tomorrow and not give anyone any advance warning of what channel to be looking out for. That would be weird.

EDIT never mind, just read Zeb's comment above. IT'S GONNA BE A TRAILER, GUYS. HELL YEAH.

Soooo I have really nothing constructive to say except 24 hours till the reveal! Fing excited.

I expect it will be a XY alike trailer with Pikachu or that first footage bird fying around the region.

I will not be so optimistic this time, because I was disappointed 3 times the last 3 months! (CoroCoro, Pokemon Sunday etc).

It is possible to get only the regional bird, the box legendaries and some random screenshots of the gameplay. The other stuff, starters (if exist), possible new mega evolutions, region etc might be relealed on a future pokemon direct (possibly in June)

Uh, @conqueror If you haven't read, it's pretty much confirmed to be a trailer, at the very least - since they're telling us to keep eyes on the Pokémon YouTube channel. We're not gonna see screenshots, we're gonna see the damn thing in action. At least for a brief 15 seconds. Maybe.

Uh, @conqueror If you haven't read, it's pretty much confirmed to be a trailer, at the very least - since they're telling us to keep eyes on the Pokémon YouTube channel. We're not gonna see screenshots, we're gonna see the damn thing in action. At least for a brief 15 seconds. Maybe.
I know he mentioned You Tube and it means that 99% we get a proper trailer, but after so many hype and disappointments I prefer to keep my expetations too low.

Back
Top Bottom