• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

@Zeb Is it possible to put the countdown clock on the forum for everyone to see? That can help with counting down to the announcement.

Reactions: Zeb
A YouTube video definitely makes me more hopeful for a trailer akin to what we got for X/Y. 5AM is way too early for me, but it will definitely be an interesting morning tomorrow when I check out Serebii. The drought of news should hopefully be over tomorrow as well.
Yeah, I'm hoping for a trailer too. I'm hoping it's not "Solgaleo and Lunaala are a thing. Masuda out." *mic drop* I'm hoping we get the starters and the box mascots along with the Region name. PCs can come a bit later, as we'll need something to discuss at a future time.

And as much as I'd love to be up at 7CDT to see the news breaking, I fear that sheer amount of traffic will break YT. I have that kind of luck.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a trailer too. I'm hoping it's not "Solgaleo and Lunaala are a thing. Masuda out." *mic drop* I'm hoping we get the starters and the box mascots along with the Region name. PCs can come a bit later, as we'll need something to discuss at a future time.

And as much as I'd love to be up at 7CDT to see the news breaking, I fear that sheer amount of traffic will break YT. I have that kind of luck.
Isn't millions of people are on YouTube all at one time? I'm sure that it'll be able to handle the traffic just fine. :p

Luckily, I usually wake up around the time that it will be released, so it will have that nice Christmas morning feel for me, and I won't be too far behind everybody else. :D

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. Seriously, I so wanted to whack Masuda for tweeting "finally, we are going to have some info about Pokemon Sun and Moon, guys", as if he is also someone waited for it.

Last edited:
Due to my awful insomnia, 8am is usually the time of day I go to bed. Should I stay up as usual... or struggle to sleep and then wake up to a burst of information?

Hmm the choice is so difficult. xD Knowing my luck my excitement for information will keep me up anyway.

I just realized I might not like the Pokes that could be revealed tomorrow. I mean it is highly unlikely but still would be quite the bummer. i really hope we get somw gameplay/location tomorrow as well.

Can we have a link to a big countdown clock everytime we're promised news on a certain day? It makes things so much more fun xD

Hoping for: XY style trailer showcasing gameplay, starters, new region, new legendary mascots, player characters and some NPCs. Also release date.

Braced for: legendary mascots and release date, nothing else.

I just realized the news will be released around the same time I finish work. Hopefully I'll be home in time to spazz with everyone else. :p

Hopefully, we'll get the region name too. I have my doubts but it would be nice.

The region name will probably have a "long o" sound in it like all 6 of the previous regions did (except Unova, which was "Isshu" in Japan and I have no idea why they changed it to "Unova" in the English translation), which will probably be something like "Keljo" or "Arimo" or something with an "O" in it. Spin-off titles always seem to avert this with names like "Almia" and "Ransei" but the main series always uses the same naming conventions.

The names of the first five regions are all Japanese-based in Japanese, only Kalos is a Latin-based name.

Back
Top Bottom