• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The clearer image makes it look like it has hooves.

yQ0wUMH.png

This reminds me of when Furfrou was spotted quickly in that XY trailer and a lot of people (me included) thought it was a llama. We still need a llama, Game Freak...

The clearer image makes it look like it has hooves.

yQ0wUMH.png

This reminds me of when Furfrou was spotted quickly in that XY trailer and a lot of people (me included) thought it was a llama. We still need a llama, Game Freak...
We have already god a llama, lol:D

They're not actually horns. They only look like them because the person's shoes are blending right in. If this is a new Pokemon then it looks awfully bland.

Someone did a zoomed in shot of the Pokémon.
DeQ0Xky.png

It looks like we were mixing up the shadow with the legs as it's not on the back ones. It could still be a deer, but it seems more like a dog with the ears.

That's interesting, I wonder if it was included in the trailer intentionally or it was a slip. Probably the former. It looks like a dog to me which wouldn't be surprising considering we've had at least one dog Pokemon in almost every generation. I hope it's not Normal type again though, we already have the Stoutland line, Smeargle and Furfrou.

I'm actually surprised that there was a CoroCoro trailer. I didn't even notice the new Pokemon at first. It looks more like a dog to me, but the ears are so pointy that they could be horns. The color scheme makes me think it could be either a Normal or Ground type Pokemon.

I'm actually surprised that there was a CoroCoro trailer. I didn't even notice the new Pokemon at first. It looks more like a dog to me, but the ears are so pointy that they could be horns. The color scheme makes me think it could be either a Normal or Ground type Pokemon.

The ears aren't really pointy if you're thinking the red is a part of it. That's the kid's shoes.

THAT DOG HAS A PUFFY TAIL! HERE PUFF! HERE PUFF!

It's cute, I like it. I'll be surprised if it's anything other than the Furfrou of this gen, though.

Next news batch confirmed for 2nd June. Quite a lot earlier than Corocoro this time, not just a day or two.

I'm liking how we're getting news more than once a month now, should make things very interesting this time.

Anyway, I think the names of the mascots is the most likely piece of news we'll be getting this time. They're on the cover of the freaking game and we don't even know their names (well, we at least don't have confirmation on their names). Although I doubt that'll be the only news we get. Maybe some information on some of the characters like Kukui, Hala, and the rivals, or a new Pokemon or Mega Evolution.

I personally hope the new info would flood in like the ORAS pre-release period, then we would get new info every 2 weeks (from official site reveals and CoroCoro) instead of once per month.

I'll be content with once a month. I'm used to it and I'd prefer not having EVERYTHING revealed to us. The leakers will already be on top of that and I'd prefer GF not break down and try to beat them to the punch.

This is my third generation I've been around for the prerelease period. I've seen these patterns form and many of them I'm not satisfied with. I really think it's best when developers leave that sense of discovery. Show little bits here and there, feed the masses who crave info, but don't show your full hand.

I like to pull out Master Core from the latest iteration of smash bros. Everyone had figured that between Sakurai and leaks that we knew everything there was to know. And yet when that streamer beat classic at 9.0 and ran into Master's Core's titan-esque form, everyone went crazy. I love moments like that and I hate when they get robbed.

I'm a bit conflicted as far as the amount of news. I do want them to provide more information on the games, especially when we had nothing to speculate on for months after the games were revealed, and both trailers got me so excited for the games that I wanted them to come out right then instead of in November. But at the same time, I don't want them to reveal too much. Both X/Y and OR/AS revealed too much during their pre-release season. I still enjoyed the games, but not revealing so many of the new Pokemon and Mega Pokemon in the case of OR/AS would have been nice. Trying to give a solid amount of news to keep fans excited without spoiling the whole game would be good.

Since they have an announcement well before CoroCoro could even leak next month, I imagine we'll get at least a decent size of news. Confirmation for the names and possibly types for the new Legendary Pokemon sounds pretty likely. Showcasing some of the new characters like the rival/rivals would be neat. It might be a bit early to learn about the new evil team, but that could be interesting. As far as CoroCoro goes, I'm still hoping that they'll have some artwork for the new playable trainers and further confirmation that trainer customization has returned.

I think it's cool that they are taking full control over releasing info. It certainly adds to when and how they can throw info out. On a similar note I noticed something in that 30 second cut of the Japanese trailer. Looks like that image of the island IS actually form in game as it's on the kids 3DS in the short version. (not sure if it was on the longer one) Anyway that's pretty cool as it shows that they are continuing to use dynamic camera angles for different scenes! I bet that scene is just like the trailer and is when your character arrives to Alola.

Back
Top Bottom