• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Next news batch confirmed for 2nd June. Quite a lot earlier than Corocoro this time, not just a day or two.

Like previously mentioned, we'll probably get confirmation of the legendaries names, their types, and maybe one or two new random pokemon if we are lucky.

I'm pretty sure GF will reveal bits and pieces, but not too much at a time, on random periods up until the release date. If they stick to a once a month or every two week schedule, it kind of lets people expect to know when to go on the hunt for information.

News time confirmed for June 2nd as 22:00 Japan time. So that's an hour later than last month's.

So it should be

6am - West Coast
9am - East Coast
2pm - UK
3pm - Europe
10pm - Japan
11pm - Australia
1am - NZ

I think that's right?

Well, 11pm. Looks like another early morning for me. That time only suits Europe basically. I thought it would be better to give Japan first preference.

9 pm for me.

*hopes a news about new Pokemon and peoples*

Well, 11pm. Looks like another early morning for me. That time only suits Europe basically. I thought it would be better to give Japan first preference.

I don't know, when you consider a lot of Europeans will be at work or school at 2-3pm and won't be able to see it until later it doesn't really suit Europe better than other places much. Most people are out in the middle of the day whereas most people are going to be at home in the morning or evening/night.

And I don't think the time was given to suit Europeans anyway, it seems more like they've tried to do it at a time where everywhere can be awake rather than somewhere having it at 3 or 4am - it just so happens that Europe is sort-of in the middle and it works out to be afternoon there. Japan shouldn't get any preference on time now that news and the games are worldwide releases.

And Europe isn't getting the game until 5 days after the rest of the world so if us getting news at a more convenient time is all we're going to get in terms of favouritism then I guess I'll take it :p

I don't know, when you consider a lot of Europeans will be at work or school at 2-3pm and won't be able to see it until later

Like me, sadly :( Luckily I work until 3pm then, so I will be able to see it not much later, but would've been nice to witness it live again.

6AM is a more manageable than 5AM for me, but I'll probably still sleep through the announcement. I don't mind that since I'll have some news to look forward to seeing when I wake up. This does raise my expectations for the announcement too. It may not be huge, but I don't think that they'd announce the date and time for another update unless there were some significant bits of news there. At this point, I think we'll get a couple of new Pokemon, as well as confirmation on the names for the Legendary Pokemon at least.

With this information reveal being handled like May 10th's, it only makes sense that we'll receive another trailer -- which is totally cool with me. In all honesty, I'm going to be content with any new information we receive.

What I want most is more region information, but I doubt we'll get that all at once (if the island theory holds true), and if we do I doubt we'll get it before August or so.

The time is suitable for me again, it will be 4 pm in Greece. I like the way we are getting the news/updates about Sun and Moon. I expect definately more details about the region and the legendaries. We might get some of the new mega evolutions as well.

Oh yay, news drops just as I'm walking out the door to work. That'll be great...

I'm expecting it to just be some details on the Legendaries.

The fact that only the Japanese sites are mentioning it gives the idea it's not big tbh.

Nevermind, just found out it's international too... That changes things.

Last edited:
So it looks like we may be getting monthly news like this or possibly even monthly videos, with the way things seem to be going lately. I'm all for this! I'm expecting to find out the names and types of the Legendary Pokemon, as well as the official reveal of that one Pokemon spotted in the corocoro trailer.

Another countdown does give the impression it could be some big news though. Just like with the previous countdown, I don't think that they'd do that if it was just some minor news. It would be a lot of buildup for little pay off and I don't think that they'd want to do that, especially when the pre-release season should be in full swing by this point.

This is super-wishful thinking, but isn't E3 normally in June? Maybe they're doing their big E3-level news drop now around the same time even though they aren't attending the event itself.

I'm honestly thinking it's only going to be legendary names and typings. I just don't see them giving us another massive batch of news so soon after the last one, particularly as they started out so freakin' tight lipped about these games.

Happy to be wrong, though :LOL: ideally I'd love a couple of new Pokemon revealed, such as the mystery white dog in the trailer, and maybe a gym leader thrown in for good measure.

Oh Masuda is doing another countdown?

Well I'll take a guess at:

-Legendary names + art (maybe typings unless they want to hold back a little)
-Protag art
-Maybe rivals and professor
-A bit of a focus on the island we've seen (starting town name etc)
-A couple of new Pokemon, two at most I think, I don't think it'll be the dog we saw, but I think the bird is pretty likely
-Maybe Magearna's ability and signature move (if it has one) unless they save that for the early July news before the movie

I'm liking these monthly updates! It's nice having something to look forward to, rather than being kept in the dark, desperately hoping for a piece of news. I must say though, I'll kinda miss waiting for CoroCoro scans.

Since we already have the 'basics', here's what I hope/think we'll get next:

• More info on the box legendaries (names, height/weight, possibly types and abilities)
  • New Pokemon (I'd like to finally see the bird from the first trailer in full)
  • Various characters (most likely the Professor(s) and rival(s), maybe Gym Leaders)
  • New mechanics
  • New locations
  • I'd also like to see new Megas but I have a feeling they'll keep those for later on
P.S. Updated the OP with new trailers and a countdown to June 2nd.

I'm liking these monthly updates! It's nice having something to look forward to, rather than being kept in the dark, desperately hoping for a piece of news. I must say though, I'll kinda miss waiting for CoroCoro scans.

Since we already have the 'basics', here's what I hope/think we'll get next:

• More info on the box legendaries (names, height/weight, possibly types and abilities)
  • New Pokemon (I'd like to finally see the bird from the first trailer in full)
  • Various characters (most likely the Professor(s) and rival(s), maybe Gym Leaders)
  • New mechanics
  • New locations
  • I'd also like to see new Megas but I have a feeling they'll keep those for later on
P.S. Updated the OP with new trailers and a countdown to June 2nd.
These are most likely. I don't think that Mega's will come until closer to the game, maybe end of summer. We're definitely going to be introduced to the starting area and characters this month. Solgaleo and Lunaala names I could live with or without. Maybe the first area's leader will be revealed? The Dog and the Bird seem to be early Pokemon so we'll likely get them. Maybe the regional rodent as well.

Back
Top Bottom