• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I'm sure that they'll showcase some new Mega Pokemon eventually, but I would like to see them introduce at least a few more new Pokemon before we get Mega Evolution. I could see that being saved for sometime later in the summer.

Absolutely. Mega Evolution kind of eclipsed the poor Kalos Pokemon...and there weren't many of them to begin with.

I understand that it's here to stay, but I'd like to see it take a backseat this time around, and let the new batch of Alola 'mons have the spotlight.

I think we'll at least be getting the legendary names of the lion and bat Pokemon. Maybe even the bird and dog that we saw as well, and maybe another character? Idk. It depends, but does anyone what time the new trailer is airing?

We're less than 24 hours from the big announcement. I figured it'd be fun to add a poll seeing what the masses expect to see tomorrow. Choose up to three options and see how close we got when all the news drops tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be insanely busy isn't it...

Hate to intrude, but werent the names of the mascots already released to be Sungaleo and Lunaala? Or somewhat close to that. I may be wrong and it could have been a fake leak im going off, but the two names stuck to me.

Hate to intrude, but werent the names of the mascots already released to be Sungaleo and Lunaala? Or somewhat close to that. I may be wrong and it could have been a fake leak im going off, but the two names stuck to me.
It's a trademark leak that may or may not be confirmed. We're treating it as purely speculation at this point. That's Bulbagarden's preferred practice.

I voted for: Updates on legendaries, character art for trainers and new Pokemon. I'm hoping we finally get a good look at the bird from February's announcment - the past few generations have shown off the bird pretty early in the news cycle so here's hoping. If this is following the usual pre-release routine (and isn't something outside the ordinary) then these are the most obvious ones. We might get art for Hala and Kukui too but I could only vote for three :p

Pretty hyped. Been busy with other stuff lately so this announcement has crept up real quick! :D

I chose other because I want to see this be the big "Gen 2 coming to the VC" announcement. Also Stadium and Stadium 2 coming to VC with integrated support for the VC games that are already out.

Wait, Sun and Moon? What are those? :D

Since this is June, I feel like its possible we could get a huge info dump, because it is E3 season. I don't expect much more than info on the Legendaries and maybe 2 new Pokemon, though.
I think Nintendo has made their thoughts on E3 very clear at this point. We also got a huge info dump last month so there's not much that I can imagine would make tomorrow more special.

It's not one of the options but I think unveiling any new mechanics, whatever those may be, is very likely. If I remember correctly we got Mega Evolution around the same time during the XY pre-release.

Other than that I think we'll get more info on the box mascots and new Pokemon.

If I remember correctly we got Mega Evolution around the same time during the XY pre-release.

Actually, we got Mega Evolution in August 2013.

Unless you mean Mewtwo? All we got for Mewtwo was Mega Mewtwo Y's reveal in February with (probably) people thinking it was just a regular forme.

So, while Ash wins his eighth Gym badge, we get some information about the place he will be heading later-on. I did vote for Update on the Legendaries (I so want to know their names and other stuff about them!), New Pokémon (who won't want that!) and New Moves and Abilities.

Also, what is there to predict about Tall Grass?

Actually, we got Mega Evolution in August 2013.

Unless you mean Mewtwo? All we got for Mewtwo was Mega Mewtwo Y's reveal in February with (probably) people thinking it was just a regular forme.

Oh nevermind then! :p

I still think getting a new mechanic is likely though, especially if it's not as game-changing as Mega Evolution.

I just voted. I predict definately more information (name and typing) for the two legendaries and maybe more news/maps of the Alola region.

I'm curious about the region more than anything else. While any news is good news, more hints about the region would be awesome.

I wonder if we can ever expect a full region reveal before the games release?

Man, I don't get the news until 1 am which I can't stay up for. I have to wake up about 7 or 8 am to see the news but I guess several more hours wouldn't hurt. I have waited this long so it is not too big of a deal. Not sure but I think at least one month would have a lot of news but that is a guess.

Did they confirmed how we get the information? New youtube video, tweets or site update?

Back
Top Bottom