• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I am hoping the other way around, lol. Do you also notice the Pokeball symbols on the PCs' hats are squares instead of round?
A stylistic choice, I'm assuming. We see Pokéball designs all the time.

Am I the only one that doesn't really trust Lillie at all?
I agree. As cute as Lillie is, that whole "Professor Kukui's mysterious assistant" is kinda off-putting.

So now a Pokemon is your Pokedex, I wonder what's next. Oh, yah, your clothes are made of Pokemon. It can change to whatever size, shape, or color you lilke. lol

Pretty much what I was expecting and more. I find it hilarious how some people were sure Solgaleo would be fire type and it turns out to be psychic/steel. I'm not even mad that it's a repeat legendary type. It's just so funny. Didn't know what to expect for Lunala, so psychic/ghost is nice. Kinda hoped for fairy though, but it's better than being part flying imo.

Glad to see we also got trainer artwork. I may not be super big on their designs, but I do like how young they look. Also great to see the multiple islands.

Confirmation on Kukui as the professor, along with Hau's name and Lillie is nice. I can't wait to get more info on them.

The Rotom in the dex seems interesting. Also Rotom's presence in that dex and the old Pokemon being battled in the trailer seem to nearly confirm older Pokemon being catch-able. I'll need to see a wild encounter though for the 100% confirmation.

All in all a great trailer.

I knew it! Professor Kukui is the younger one!

So much good batch of information. Regions are confirmed bigger, also with Legendary Names (But seriously, why they had to erase one 'a' letter from Lunala? Oh, never mind). Psychic/Steel works Solgaleo too. Damn Lunala was badass.

And we had another dark-colored hair protagonist too. Kinda hoping the names for them though...

Rivals....as Hau? Meh, much expecting another awesome name. Better make him important towards the story, Game Freak.

When we have a label titled "mysterious" right at Lillie, it had ONLY two meanings:

1. She's Evil.
2. She's got some another unknown intention besides helping Professor.

I'd like to see 1st one, however I don't mind putting her at latter option.

Ghost type Lunala and the Rotom Pokédex are definitely my favorite reveals here.

I'm reading into Professor Kukui on the Pokemon Sun and Moon page and it seems like he studies Pokemon moves AND THIS GUY EVEN TAKES DIRECT HITS JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

In the Japanese short trailer for him, you can see this ramshackle hut shake and boom, then we cut to a shot of him. I can't read the Japanese but I wonder if that was him taking a hit from a Pokemon attack?

Seems like a fun guy. Crazy. But fun :)

In the Japanese short trailer for him, you can see this ramshackle hut shake and boom, then we cut to a shot of him. I can't read the Japanese but I wonder if that was him taking a hit from a Pokemon attack?

Seems like a fun guy. Crazy. But fun :)
Yeah, that's what it seems like. Also I love that he's got this hoboshack for his lab.

The new Rotom form is the highlight of the trailer for me. I mean, who would have been expecting that? Needless to say, it's nice to see that Pokémon from previous generations are getting attention and it certainly raises the question of what other links will be made.

Also nice to get full artwork for the trainers and legendaries (did we have full art for that already?) Either way, I like the trainer designs a little better now that I'm seeing their artwork, but they're still a little eh in my opinion. Solgaleo is still my pick, I have to say! Psychic/Steel is a really cool typing for a sun lion, and I'm excited to learn the lore behind both it and Lunala.

Well, Updates on Legendaries got the most votes and I'd say that they aso got the most information today. Good guesses everyone.

Very surprising that we got a full Alola map so early. Seems like very few were expecting it.

Sun and Moon are confirmed to be shown at E3 in two weeks! We'll see you all then.

I figured that we'd get updates on the Legendary Pokemon, but it was still a surprise. Solgaleo not being part Fire was really surprising. I thought that it was primarily due an attack it was using during the Japanese trailer. Psychic/Steel is quite a surprising combination for it. Lunala being Psychic/Ghost is also a bit surprising. The Ghost type makes sense, but if you had asked me before which one could be part Steel, I definitely would have chosen Lunala. Still, they both have pretty cool type combinations and their signature moves look awesome.

We got a lot of new character artwork, which was pretty cool. The official artwork for the player characters do make them look better than how they first appeared to me in the games. The default outfits are still a bit too plain for my tastes, but their expressions helped to make them look and feel less generic to me, which is what I was hoping for. The female trainer looks especially better in the official artwork to me. All we need is confirmation that we can get different outfits and I'll be perfectly fine with them. Hau's official artwork is pretty nice. He sounds like he'll be a friendly rival and I'm okay with that. As long as he's interesting and/or actually has a nice relationship with the player character, then I'm fine with it. Having him be important to the story would also help with that.

Professor Kukui being the professor makes sense given that we see more of him in the trailers than the person who calls out the starters for you. Taking actual damage from the Pokemon he studies sounds pretty intense. I'm really interested by his assistant Lillie. She has a really nice design and labeling her as his mysterious assistant is a pretty huge red flag. I doubt that she's the leader of the evil team. She seems a bit too young to have that role, but I could easily see her being a spy for the evil team or something along those lines. The fact that she doesn't like Pokemon battles could tie into her backstory and/or the goal for the new evil team.

The Rotom Pokedex was certainly a surprise. It looks rather cute and it's surprising that it can actually talk through the Pokedex too. It sounds like it's basically the Town Map combined with the Pokedex based on what is said on the official site. I hope that the Rotom Pokedex has some feature similar to the Dex Navi.

I was hoping for a couple of new Pokemon at least, but it is still more than just updates for the Legendary Pokemon. It is all around a good amount of news for the trailer and we should get at least more footage of the games during E3. CoroCoro could surprise us with actually having something new, but I doubt that at this point. Still, it was a pretty good trailer and it provides a nice amount of information for a bit more speculation.

I figured that we'd get updates on the Legendary Pokemon, but it was still a surprise. Solgaleo not being part Fire was really surprising. I thought that it was primarily due an attack it was using during the Japanese trailer. Psychic/Steel is quite a surprising combination for it. Lunala being Psychic/Ghost is also a bit surprising. The Ghost type makes sense, but if you had asked me before which one could be part Steel, I definitely would have chosen Lunala. Still, they both have pretty cool type combinations and their signature moves look awesome.

We got a lot of new character artwork, which was pretty cool. The official artwork for the player characters do make them look better than how they first appeared to me in the games. The default outfits are still a bit too plain for my tastes, but their expressions helped to make them look and feel less generic to me, which is what I was hoping for. The female trainer looks especially better in the official artwork to me. All we need is confirmation that we can get different outfits and I'll be perfectly fine with them. Hau's official artwork is pretty nice. He sounds like he'll be a friendly rival and I'm okay with that. As long as he's interesting and/or actually has a nice relationship with the player character, then I'm fine with it. Having him be important to the story would also help with that.

Professor Kukui being the professor makes sense given that we see more of him in the trailers than the person who calls out the starters for you. Taking actual damage from the Pokemon he studies sounds pretty intense. I'm really interested by his assistant Lillie. She has a really nice design and labeling her as his mysterious assistant is a pretty huge red flag. I doubt that she's the leader of the evil team. She seems a bit too young to have that role, but I could easily see her being a spy for the evil team or something along those lines. The fact that she doesn't like Pokemon battles could tie into her backstory and/or the goal for the new evil team.

The Rotom Pokedex was certainly a surprise. It looks rather cute and it's surprising that it can actually talk through the Pokedex too. It sounds like it's basically the Town Map combined with the Pokedex based on what is said on the official site. I hope that the Rotom Pokedex has some feature similar to the Dex Navi.

I was hoping for a couple of new Pokemon at least, but it is still more than just updates for the Legendary Pokemon. It is all around a good amount of news for the trailer and we should get at least more footage of the games during E3. CoroCoro could surprise us with actually having something new, but I doubt that at this point. Still, it was a pretty good trailer and it provides a nice amount of information for a bit more speculation.

So if you could sum up this day in one word, what would it be? :p

I liked the new trailers and the new informations were plentiful.

However - what I don't like is that the models of the old Pokemon (Salamence & Gengar) are exactly the same. That is disappointing to say the least. I was hoping they'd at least fix the washed out colors.

The legendary types are bleh but they seem to make sense.

Islands, shocking lol.

Rotom seems like it could be cool. Talking Pokemon though!? it only took that guy in Hoenn like 20 years in game time to do it!

Back
Top Bottom