• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

No information about a hypothetical evolution for Yungmoose has been given yet.
I wonder if it has evoultion but guys i read that it wasnt Native pokemon as it means it belongs to another region meaning Gen 8

Yungoos is a big eater that is never satisfied. The majority of its long body is given over to its stomach, and its digestion is swift, so it's always hungry. It has strong fangs, so it can crush and consume the hardest of objects. Each Yungoos chooses its own particular route for searching out prey. It stalks along this route searching for food until it's exhausted, at which point it drops and sleeps wherever it may be. It's thought that these Pokémon decide their routes based on safety, so that there's no risk in falling asleep at any time. Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region.

Just like our world the Stoat was use this idea to help lower the rabbit population

Generations =/= Regions

For instance, the Safari Zone Pokemon in Kanto in Gen 1 are not naturally native to Kanto.
but it has to be true then
gen 8 possible then if this was mention

New Fossil pokemon will be in this game i bet but i wonder what will it be dinosaurs pokemon or fish or mammals that were extinct

" It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region."

It's a gen 7 mon dude. It's pokedex entry is just saying that it originally wasn't native to Alola but then was brought to it. That's it. Think of it like the asian ladybug. It originally wasn't native to europe but then brought to it.

You're reading too much into it tbh.

Where did they find the Yungoose
thats the question

it was native pokemon at first meaning it was found by another location of the world possible with other newer pokemon it had lived with before comming to to Aloha region

where on poke earth from what new region it came from becuase like our wolrd
Staots have grown the popualtion to live in its new land to help to lower down the rabbits as it want native animal at all

You're reading way too much into this thing. These games are already confirmed to have drawn from real life, such as Iwanko being based on Poi. Invasive and introduced species are super common on islands.

It's probably not something that'll ever be delved into. Maybe Yungoos were originally native to Kanto, or Hoenn, or literally any other region. Maybe people saw how good Yungoos were at killing Ekans or Seviper that they brought them to Alola, only for them to subsequently go locally extinct in their native region.

You're reading way too much into this thing. These games are already confirmed to have drawn from real life, such as Iwanko being based on Poi. Invasive and introduced species are super common on islands.

It's probably not something that'll ever be delved into. Maybe Yungoos were originally native to Kanto, or Hoenn, or literally any other region. Maybe people saw how good Yungoos were at killing Ekans or Seviper that they brought them to Alola, only for them to subsequently go locally extinct in their native region.
i guess you are right

Another thing to take note of is that Yungoos isn't the only Pokémon based off of an invasive species. Corphish is said to have not been native to the Hoenn region. We still don't know what region Corphish was originally native to.

The animal Yungoos is based on originated in Indonesia in real-life and was imported to Hawaii (Alola)

Corphish is based on the Signal and Louisiana crayfishes which originated in America (Oregon and Louisiana) but are now invasive to Japan.

Considering we're two regions into America (even if we did take a break to go to France), I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we reached some kind of Northwestern or deep south region that they'd make mention of how corphish is invasive and are native to those two regions. Same thing with a hypothetical Indonesian region and Yungoose.

They usually don't care if there's like Rafflesia arnoldii that are native to Japan, or if daruma mimicking orangutans are from New York, or if pandas are native in France. The ecosystem is kind of messed up everywhere and usually based off what's in zoos or museums in the area that the regions are based on. But considering that they made specific mention that, like their real world counterparts, the crayfish and the realistic looking mongoose are not native to their respective regions kind of makes you wonder.

The animal Yungoos is based on originated in Indonesia in real-life and was imported to Hawaii (Alola)

Corphish is based on the Signal and Louisiana crayfishes which originated in America (Oregon and Louisiana) but are now invasive to Japan.

The conversation regarding Yungoos being a "Gen 8 Pokemon" is definitely reading into the Pokedex entry way too much. Zeta is basically right--the animal Yungoos is based on, the small Asian mongoose, indeed is extremely invasive to Hawaii; if you don't believe me, just follow that link. Or you could just think about it: what land mammal could possibly reach the extremely remote Hawaiian islands without the help of humans? The answer is actually none: there are no land mammals actually native to Hawaii, so Game Freak is going to have to take some creative license and go beyond the specific ecosystems that areas represent, which they have done many times before.

Considering we're two regions into America (even if we did take a break to go to France), I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we reached some kind of Northwestern or deep south region that they'd make mention of how corphish is invasive and are native to those two regions. Same thing with a hypothetical Indonesian region and Yungoose.

They usually don't care if there's like Rafflesia arnoldii that are native to Japan, or if daruma mimicking orangutans are from New York, or if pandas are native in France. The ecosystem is kind of messed up everywhere and usually based off what's in zoos or museums in the area that the regions are based on. But considering that they made specific mention that, like their real world counterparts, the crayfish and the realistic looking mongoose are not native to their respective regions kind of makes you wonder.

Conservation in the Pokemon world must be really weird because you could rebuild an entire species from one single member capable of reproduction and a Ditto.

@Zeta, I actually have a theory that legendaries are the pokemon world equivalent of critically endangered species. The reason why you can't breed them yourself is that there's strict rules in place about how professional breeders can touch them because they need to be tagged and monitored very closely. That and trying to find a Ditto that they're compatible with is near impossible so they just don't let a bunch of 10-16 year olds bother with it.

Which brings us back to the kind of topic here...I wonder if, considering the real life implications, if we're getting a legendary rat this time around.

Apart from 25th and 26th of June, when can we expect another trailor and will we get news before corocoro?

@Zeta, I actually have a theory that legendaries are the pokemon world equivalent of critically endangered species. The reason why you can't breed them yourself is that there's strict rules in place about how professional breeders can touch them because they need to be tagged and monitored very closely. That and trying to find a Ditto that they're compatible with is near impossible so they just don't let a bunch of 10-16 year olds bother with it.

Which brings us back to the kind of topic here...I wonder if, considering the real life implications, if we're getting a legendary rat this time around.
I could believe that from some species like Heatran or Shaymin, but its a bit less believable for Pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon.

Back
Top Bottom