• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Considering we're two regions into America (even if we did take a break to go to France), I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we reached some kind of Northwestern or deep south region that they'd make mention of how corphish is invasive and are native to those two regions. Same thing with a hypothetical Indonesian region and Yungoose.

They usually don't care if there's like Rafflesia arnoldii that are native to Japan, or if daruma mimicking orangutans are from New York, or if pandas are native in France. The ecosystem is kind of messed up everywhere and usually based off what's in zoos or museums in the area that the regions are based on. But considering that they made specific mention that, like their real world counterparts, the crayfish and the realistic looking mongoose are not native to their respective regions kind of makes you wonder.
so gen 8 is possible then

I could believe that from some species like Heatran or Shaymin, but its a bit less believable for Pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon.
There's two classes of legendary pokemon, "You've found the very last Tasmanian tiger. Congratulations!" and "Is that a billions of years old orca rain god? No It's good it's survived that long. We'll just leave it there in it's cave. Probably has some supernatural breeding process we don't understand yep. Would suck though if some extremists or a child would find this magnificent creature. Oh well, it's not like that would ever happen, right?"

Especially when you go by the NPCs that like gain legendaries under special circumstances. They're usually like the birds, beasts, golems, maybe a Cresselia but rarely the main story legendaries. Like maybe the people who managed to get them (Winona's Rayquaza and Fantinia's Giratina) either found eggs somewhere or bought them illegally from poachers. Maybe the league goes on egg hunts every so often.

The only time I see the series ending is if they run out of ideas, don't want to do it anymore, or they run out of countries to base regions on.

There's two classes of legendary pokemon, "You've found the very last Tasmanian tiger. Congratulations!" and "Is that a billions of years old orca rain god? No It's good it's survived that long. We'll just leave it there in it's cave. Probably has some supernatural breeding process we don't understand yep. Would suck though if some extremists or a child would find this magnificent creature. Oh well, it's not like that would ever happen, right?"

Especially when you go by the NPCs that like gain legendaries under special circumstances. They're usually like the birds, beasts, golems, maybe a Cresselia but rarely the main story legendaries. Like maybe the people who managed to get them (Winona's Rayquaza and Fantinia's Giratina) either found eggs somewhere or bought them illegally from poachers. Maybe the league goes on egg hunts every so often.

The only time I see the series ending is if they run out of ideas, don't want to do it anymore, or they run out of countries to base regions on.
couldnt they make Ash become the winner then he deiced to go more adevtures in other regions

Well of course Gen VIII is possible; it's even probable. Doesn't mean Yungoos will have anything to do with it, though.

Loving these ideas. Personally I always kind of assumed that the major Legendary Pokémon had their own unique way of breeding, and that they were only able to do it once every thousand years or so.

At least with the Winged Mirages and the Regi golems and such, we have seen that multiple sets exist in different areas. As it concerns Fantina's (rule-breaking) Giratina and Winona's Rayquaza, you could always argue that those were exclusive to a download tournament and could be non-canonical. But your answer is more fun.

Or if sales just tank completely.

Although as far as running out of countries goes, they could always start dividing them up by districts like they did for Japan. Or they could use mythical locations (the ever-popular Atlantis, for example), historical locations, or they could just make new ones up.

What if Arceus is caught? Does Arceus create another Arceus? And can that Arceus create even more Arceus?
Three thoughts:
1- Arceus is a creator deity, not the supreme deity (who isn't a Pokemon?), so this non-Pokemon thing makes the new legendaries/Arceus/whatever.

2- the Pokemon "Arceus" we catch isn't proper Arceus, but rather an avatar of his in the Pokemon world. He can replace his avatar just fine, and is even amused when children catch it.

3- (in line with some great and intriguing theories I've seen around)- Unown is actually the pokegod. That is, the Unown collectively created the world, including Arceus. They created an Arceus in the HGSS event, after all. This may even be compatible with the last one, and ends up giving a great metaphor/symbol for the power of language.

The pre-screenings of the Volcanion movie are soon, right? There possibly be a new trailer after it revealing a new Pokemon, like with the Genesect movie there was a trailer that revealed Trevenant.

What if Arceus is caught? Does Arceus create another Arceus? And can that Arceus create even more Arceus?
Answer below

Three thoughts:
1- Arceus is a creator deity, not the supreme deity (who isn't a Pokemon?), so this non-Pokemon thing makes the new legendaries/Arceus/whatever.

2- the Pokemon "Arceus" we catch isn't proper Arceus, but rather an avatar of his in the Pokemon world. He can replace his avatar just fine, and is even amused when children catch it.

3- (in line with some great and intriguing theories I've seen around)- Unown is actually the pokegod. That is, the Unown collectively created the world, including Arceus. They created an Arceus in the HGSS event, after all. This may even be compatible with the last one, and ends up giving a great metaphor/symbol for the power of language.
Also there isn't a single game arceus can be caught in without hacking all Arceus are gift events given to you. And maybe Arceus could create Arceus he can make multiple plakia and dialga. Plus I like the Unown theory too.

Answer below

Also there isn't a single game arceus can be caught in without hacking all Arceus are gift events given to you. And maybe Arceus could create Arceus he can make multiple plakia and dialga. Plus I like the Unown theory too.
I dont think in the anime anyone will catch Arecus becuase why should they as it could cause some prombelms as trainer catching this God Pokemon will possible cause Chaos if it was being attack by trainer like it could go on rampage like the movie

Also being god he should be immortal but it could be possible maybe being god pokemon maybe they want to rest like pass away as it seen many years humans and pokemon have been evolving to make better world as it done its job. So it creates a egg to make new young Arecus to see the new world for itself to protect and keep balance on earth.

I belive im allowed to ask this becuase this is thread about news meaning about anything correct?

No. This is the Pokemon Sun & Moon section, therefore this thread is about Sun & Moon news. There's a different section for anime discussions.

Three thoughts:

I see it slightly differently - the Arceus is the Unown and the Unown are Arceus. The Unown are the "Thousand Arms" that it shapes the universe with. So they are a part of each other. The Arceus we "see" and interact with is probably a slight manifestation of their combined power. It's kind of like Zygarde: "Arceus 100%" would be all the Unown withdrawing from the universe to form a condensed body, which would probably destroy the fabric of reality.

Well, technically, an event where you catch Arceus was planned, it just wasn't released. But yeah, I saw that post and all three theories makes a lot of sense.

Three thoughts:

Option 4- Legendary Pokémon aren't actually gods; they're just extremely powerful Pokémon that have been misinterpreted as such by ancient peoples.

Personally, it always seemed silly to me that a "god" would have the exact same biological and physiological behavior as, well, basically the equivalent to dogs and cats. They eat berries and vitamins and react the same way to them, they use Pokémon moves, are limited to four of them, they can learn from TMs and cannot forget HMs, they of course can be worn out and defeated by regular Pokémon... all this would be like meeting, for example, the Egyptian god Bast and then feeding her a cat treat.

He not extremly powerful

He IS ALL POWERFUL POKEMON

He created Earth, Humans, and Pokemon thats really all power

He not extremly powerful

He IS ALL POWERFUL POKEMON

He created Earth, Humans, and Pokemon thats really all power
And yet the Unown seem to have been around at that time as well.

MODHAT: Might I recommend we move this conversation on Arceus to a dedicated thread outside of trailers and SuMO news?

5-6 days until our next big news day! I wonder what Junichi Massuda will show.
Unless there is nothing at all. But it could go either way so have to wait and find out. Probably get the US names for the two pokemon that haven't got them yet.

Unless there is nothing at all. But it could go either way so have to wait and find out. Probably get the US names for the two pokemon that haven't got them yet.
That's a Japanese event so I doubt we'll get the US names. Though Masuda might actually show something there.

5-6 days until our next big news day! I wonder what Junichi Massuda will show.

Considering it's a Japanese event, I'm expecting at least one new Pokemon... Perhaps he could also show Nekkoala and Iwanko as well? We still haven't seen gameplay of them.

I do wonder about July 7th though. If it's anything like X/Y, then we'd be getting another new Pokemon like how we got Honedge.

Back
Top Bottom