• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think we will see some more. As you can see they scrambled the individual Pokemon videos together after the leak. I think today we'll be getting the same Pokemon but some new mechanic, some new characters and maybe the evil team or something about the plot.

It'll be out in any minute now. The leak seems to spoil everything that the official youtube account of Pokemon Co Jp had to upload it earlier than expected. I'm still hoping for newer Pokemon to be revealed aside from the leaked one. Of course we'll be getting the details of the leaked ones, which is great.

Official site has updated with more than video. Check it out. Iwanko is Rockruff and Nekkoala is Komnala. Also shows the player riding a Stoutland at one point.

Rockruff and Komala. I guess the first one we should've seen coming.

Official site has updated with more than video. Check it out. Iwanko is Rockruff and Nekkoala is Komnala. Also shows the player riding a Stoutland at one point.

Is he riding the Stoutland though? It seems to me that the player is riding on something behind it, maybe rollerskates/skateboard? Please be a skateboard.

Pic for reference:
soutland riding.png

Is he riding the Stoutland though? It seems to me that the player is riding on something behind it, maybe rollerskates/skateboard? Please be a skateboard.

Pic for reference:

That's what I referenced in the new Pokémon thread, I think the player's also wearing a Hawlucha Helmet! Which is just awesome if that is the case.

Edit: I've decided that if roller skating (or some form of other travel besides a bike is back), I'm down for it ONLY if the Hawlucha Helmet is a thing :p I hated the skating in XY, just 'cause I found it awkward and annoying to control (and the fact it was a default on the circle pad). Also down for a lot more of riding on Pokémon too.

You can also see the rein around Stoutland's neck while the PC is holding it from behind. Giddy up!

You can also see the rein around Stoutland's neck while the PC is holding it from behind. Giddy up!

If Pokemon were real, PETA would be having a field day.

I'm guessing the riding the Stoutland thing is the new riding rhyhorn/mamoswine. Hopefully the movement of the Pokemon is easier this time.

If Pokemon were real, PETA would be having a field day.

I'm guessing the riding the Stoutland thing is the new riding rhyhorn/mamoswine. Hopefully the movement of the Pokemon is easier this time.
Well, since that section of the site hinted at new features, wonder if they would reveal the secret of the bracelet next. That is killing me, want to know so bad.

Well, since that section of the site hinted at new features, wonder if they would reveal the secret of the bracelet next. That is killing me, want to know so bad.
Expect news about that in August. Historically that's the big month for game changing announcements.

Just as I expected, the video did include the Pokemon we were introduced to yesterday. We also finally got Iwanko and Nekkoala's English name! It looks like riding Pokemon is also back! We can say July has besn a good month for Pokemon news!

I'm so glad that we finally got English names for Iwanko and Nekkoala. Rockruff and Komala are cute names. I think pretty much all of the Pokemon revealed yesterday kept their Japanese names, so that's neat. It is kind of a shame that their plans for today were kind of messed up due to the leaks, but we still got more information on the Pokemon and their abilities. Vikavolt having Levitate is pretty cool, Berserk for Drampa sounds neat and we learned about Cutiefly's abilities too. More Pokemon news is always good in my book.

One thing I've liked about this gen so far is the consistency. Since the beginning of June (May, actually, oops) we've had a steady influx of reveals and trailers to look forward to.

Last edited:
Actually its been since the beginning of May. In May, they revealed the starters and the Alola Region for us. Each month since May, they've been consistently giving us bits of news which has been great. Its nice to know we can look forward to stuff at the start of each month now, with Corocoro being the wildcard since it seems they either give us new stuff, rehash news, or nothing at all.

We did learn that riding pokemon is back so it is not a total loss plus English names for the rock dog and Nekkoala was good. Glad to know that some of the new pokemon have more than one ability which gives us some options.

Apparently Core Enforcer can erase abilities if the opponent already used a move that turn

Back
Top Bottom