• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Now theoretically we should get in future a ice type that can freeze any pokemon? or not?
the same rule could be with paralize and electric types or that with grass types.
Now that we have this new superv fire/poison poke like this.

Yeah, Pokechi may show things that we already seen or just show nothing much at all. Remember what happened back in March, so don't get too excited for it.

They might just show the footages of screenshoots seen in CoroCoro. That is usually their best materials.

We'll probably get at least some new footage. We did learn about the professor having a Rockruff and given that there's some kind of connection between Rockruff and the starters, that could be important down the road. Plus, it was the first time we saw Rockruff in video game footage, so that alone was good enough for me considering how adorable Rockruff is. I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as what happened in March, but I wouldn't expect much more than some new footage on news we'll get most likely from CoroCoro later next week.

I imagine it's just the other recent Pokemon we've had revealed. There was a lot of them and they didn't cover them all last week. I would keep hype low.

Considering that we're deep into the pre-release schedule, I would hope that CoroCoro has more than just covering what has already been revealed this month. We have gotten quite a few new Pokemon, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens, but it would feel like a waste if that was all they wanted to reveal in their magazine. I'd be content with a new Gym leader, a second rival and/or the new evil team if they didn't want to include some more new Pokemon.

My memory of past pre-releases is sketchy. If gym leaders have not been scrapped this time around, how many are usually shown in the run up to the games release? 1 or 2 I'm guessing?

And have they ever shown us the champion before the games release, or is that considered like a plot secret?

My memory of past pre-releases is sketchy. If gym leaders have not been scrapped this time around, how many are usually shown in the run up to the games release? 1 or 2 I'm guessing?
Not sure about gen 5 and under, but they did show Viola and Korrina during XY's pre-release(in June and August respectively by Corocoro).

Last edited:

And have they ever shown us the champion before the games release, or is that considered like a plot secret?

Regarding Gen 5, we had Cilan and Lenora in August and Chili and Cress on September.

However B2W2 and ORAS were quite spoilerific in that regard, the former had the 2 new leaders on its first batch and the 2 redesigns on the second while the latter also showed a lot of redesigns around the halfway mark of its prerelease period.

Diantha and Ghetsis were revelated in the last issue of their prerelease periods, hiding their identities. Their counterparts Alder and Lysandre were saved for the release.

We still have a few months to go before the release so there would be time to announce the gym leaders of Alola. Just hope one is a Dark user.

My brief toughts on the recent new Pokémon:

Salandit is awesome and is going into my team.
Kiteruguma looks pretty dumb. lol
Mimikkyu is certainly interesting.

Back
Top Bottom