• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The pink bear thing is definetly the bear hug pokemon (judging by the picture in the scan, of it hugging/crushing some wood)

the other thing is, in my opinion, game freak trolling us. Every generation since the first game, we've had a bad copy of pikachu, a pika-clone. So, now we have a bad copy of Pikachu! personally, i think its hilarious! :)

The pink bear thing is definetly the bear hug pokemon (judging by the picture in the scan, of it hugging/crushing some wood)

the other thing is, in my opinion, game freak trolling us. Every generation since the first game, we've had a bad copy of pikachu, a pika-clone. So, now we have a bad copy of Pikachu! personally, i think its hilarious! :)

Its actually a red panda due to its color pattern and tail and the fact that red panda are called cat-bears

Its actually a red panda due to its color pattern and tail and the fact that red panda are called cat-bears

Oh cool. Thanks. I'm still gonna think of it as a giant plushie coming in to destroy us all with hugs, but thanks either way :)

A new Japanese trailer has just been released and I think we can confirm a few things from it.
-Eevee will not get a new Eeveelution sadly. It was shown in the Pokedex and it had 8 slots.
-Pokemon can now be groomed! That is so cute! I noticed someone washing Pikachu and blowdrying him.
-The bracelets SEEM like they apparently are used to power up attacks or something.
-Pokemon like Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo can be rode.

Here's the trailer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q

That trailer definitely caught my attention, particularly with how the bracelets seem to power up moves after the trainers do some kind of pose. That's kind of weird, but that does make it more likely that they'll expand on it during the next monthly announcement if the Japanese trailers are already including footage/hints of what the bracelets can do.

It also seems like the grooming bit with Pikachu is part of Pokemon Amie. The screen and the hearts after you tried off Pikachu's fur definitely reminded me of Pokemon Amie. I'm still waiting on Super Training and Dex Navi confirmation, but signs of Pokemon Amie are great too.

I'm not too surprised that Eevee didn't get a new Evolution. They already made a big deal about Sylveon in the previous generation, so giving the line a bit of a breather for now is okay. I'm sure that we'll eventually get another Eeveelution, especially if they want to make give it an evolution for every type out there.

Mimikyyu was also shown being traded.

Also, we can ride on Lapras and Sharpedo again!

Pokemon Amie is back too! :D

Yay! Amie is back and more Nintendogs then ever!

Besides I have read comments on FB which claim Nintendo already confirmed that there would be a new Eeveeloution. May it somehow be correct?
ah yes, FB comments. the most reliable of the sources. if Nintendo had said that Eevee is getting another evolution, somewhere other than FB would have heard of it by now. at any rate, Eevee's capture screen shows it with only eight other Pokeballs/relatives....so no new Eevee.

Looks like the Bracelets are indeed for Soultimate moves ala Yo-Kai Watch!~

Oh thank god, we're not getting some other contrived form-change thing. Not sure how they're going to make these power-up moves work, but I'm willing to wait and see what they have there.

No, there were two different poses. One powers up moves, and the other pose had a symbol and did something unrevealed.

Actually, there were multiple different poses, which could do different things.

No, there were two different poses. One powers up moves, and the other pose had a symbol and did something unrevealed.

Actually, there were multiple different poses, which could do different things.

When u look at the last part you will see a wave pose i think its a symbol for water and the first pose looks exactly like an electric pose

I am very jealous of those kids in the trailer why do they have to play it first lol

Oh thank god, we're not getting some other contrived form-change thing. Not sure how they're going to make these power-up moves work, but I'm willing to wait and see what they have there.

There'll probably still be a cosmetic change for some Pokemon like Greninja, but in terms of gameplay its looking like "Ash Greninja" is actually not a Mega Pokemon but a Greninja that's just using "Super Water Shuriken".

Sort of like how "Awakened Mewtwo" has little to do with the actual gameplay of Mega Mewtwo Y (IE - having two stones and a trainer to Mega Evolve).

No, the poses that power up moves are different from this one.
synchropose.png

This seems like it's either a new Mega evolution symbol (doubtful, I'm sure they'd keep the same symbol) or something else entirely. I think it's synchro evolution.

I am glad to see riding on Lapras is back. Sharpedo is neat and I am surprised that you can ride on Tauros but cool nevertheless.

Look like riding Pokemon depend on some sort of key item. All the rideable Pokemon shown in the trailer have a set of seat on them.

Looks like no one has noticed this part yet?

fgv9Nle.png

Look closely.. I ringed something special :p

The dude on the end has no hat!

Also Synchro = super moves confirmed? Not too surprising since we managed to piece it together last week from that Pikachu screenshot, but good to see anyway.

Amie now has backgrounds of the routes? Just what I asked for in one of the other threads! They really are listening to feedback.. (So Parental Bond is being nerfed too then right, Game Freak?) :D

Back
Top Bottom