• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Urgh!!!! I hate all these teases. Give us the damn info already. I want details so bad so that I can gush about in my sleep.

Since it affects the earliest form of the starter Pokemon, I don't think the new power-up is evolution-related. Looks cool,though. And I really hope there's more variety in the Pokemon you can ride, because I always wanted to ride a Rapidash. I mean, come on, it should be obvious.

Gosh CoroCoro earlier, and this new trailer with all this stuff with the synchro attacks whatever they are!!! I'm so hyped! I just want more, I need more! These games need to be here!

From what I got from the trailer besides the big part with those new synchro attacks is that we can take off our hats and let our hair be free! So excited for that! So happy. Now all I need is some glasses!

Also looks like Eevee might not get a new evolution this time around. While it was featured quite a bit in the trailer, if you look closely when it's registered into the Pokedex, you will count eight pokeballs, representing it has 8 evolutions. So unless they change this before we get the games I don't think we'll be getting a new eevee. A little bummed, but honestly we've been getting so many great Pokemons that I don't feel too bad about it.

No, the poses that power up moves are different from this one.
That scene doesn't seem to take place in a battle. It could just be a pose for getting a new gem or mastering a dance sequence (assuming we have to learn them).

The Outrage said:
Question is: Will these power up moves translate to competitive play? The bonuses in Amie didn't...
Those were luck-based.

Looks like no one has noticed this part yet?

fgv9Nle.png

Look closely.. I ringed something special :p

The dude on the end has no hat!
So you're telling me that if we only have three players for Battle Royal, the fourth will be an NPC? It's the only explanation. Masuda never says anything dumb D:

Really hope the new power up move mechanic would exclude Mega Pokemon because that is just unfair to other Pokemon.

Dios mios, that trailer. Game is going to be off the hook and then some, holy crap. Some of the important stuff I noticed.
-Key stone slot on the bottom of the bracelet. I think Synchro Moves for each type will exist, while Synchro Megas will be activated when a Pokemon with a Mega Evolution uses one.
-For the love of god someone please translate the bottom screen menu. That is definitely not a badge case imo.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnNYxocVIAA7s-I.jpg:small
Also it looks to me that the last one is not the settings but a customization sub menu. It looks to have a mirror.
-Riding Pokemon and Amie upgrades are amazing. No generic background for Amie along with the grooming makes it feel more immersive.eanwhile having a saddle for Pokemon seema pretty cool, bit I guess that this limits it to large Pokemon.
-Overworld keeps on getting orettier and prettier. No need to starr how much I love how it looks, cause I have been gushing for months now.

There'll probably still be a cosmetic change for some Pokemon like Greninja, but in terms of gameplay its looking like "Ash Greninja" is actually not a Mega Pokemon but a Greninja that's just using "Super Water Shuriken".
Watch Ash Greninja actually just be Mega Greninja and Game Freak let the anime have it so that they can build up hype for the new move mechanic...

They really are listening to feedback.. (So Parental Bond is being nerfed too then right, Game Freak?) :D

If they were, I'd have seen pokemon following me around in the overworld again. No, I will not accept this compromise of riding some large quadrupeds :p .

-For the love of god someone please translate the bottom screen menu. That is definitely not a badge case imo.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnNYxocVIAA7s-I.jpg:small

Please tell me the translation actually reads badge case or SOMETHING! We have a way now to tell if we'll have gyms or now. I can see the Pokemon tab, items tab, Rotomdex tab, though I'm not sure what the others are.

Wait, which icon are you guys referring to? The bottom left one? Isn't that the Trainer Card?

Also, something interesting to note is that Options is gone.

Wait, which icon are you guys referring to? The bottom left one? Isn't that the Trainer Card?

Also, something interesting to note is that Options is gone.
Bottom left is what I think both of us are talking about, Tuoko.

Edit: If its trainer card, what I found in Y and AS actually puts me more at ease since the trainer card in both games is where you find your badges.

I saw someone else translate the menu and it's apparently

Pokemon - Pokedex
Bag - Save
Trainer Card - Whatever the new Amie is called (The icon is a Pikachu symbol with a hairbrush)

I know the trailer didn't show much, but I'm actually thoroughly pleased with it.
The reason: animation.
I was hoping that Gen VII's animations wasn't too much like Gen VI's, but after watching some small snips in that video, I'm happy to see that it has a unique design and it looks like it has lots of potential. Orange and light blue seem to be frequent colours in the game, which is a nice combination, especially with the new region.

I am quite disappointed with the dancing poses, or whatever the fuck that shit was. We really need NO new powerups since we have Mega Evolution already. We really don't need extra boosts for moves as well. If those are limited to first/second stage evolutions and not final evo's, thats cool. But if Pokemon capable of mega evolution can do that AS WELL, it's shit.

Also, I really despise how there is even MORE focus on the actual trainers during battle. I want Pokemon to be the CENTRAL FOCUS of the main games, I do not want trainers having an active role during battles and extra focus on them. This is not DIGIMON for fucks sake.

These new mechanics are really disappointing for me. I didn't want any extra overcomplicated new mechsnics after we got ME, and we are getting them.

I hope Silktree is right and those stupid dancing poses don't occur in battles.

Everything else about the games is 100% awesome, but those new battle mechanics I really dislike. And if the dancing move power ups, are a separate mechanic from Synch, this means two new mechanic useless additions.

Sorry for this rant.

Last edited:
I saw someone else translate the menu and it's apparently

Pokemon - Pokedex
Bag - Save
Trainer Card - Whatever the new Amie is called (The icon is a Pikachu symbol with a hairbrush)
Trauner card is still vague. I was correct on there being no settings button, so there likely is a second set of menu options, cause this is lokepy just the first page. Good. If amie is a menu item, perhaps the RotomDex features that replace the PokeNav are menu options as well?

Trauner card is still vague. I was correct on there being no settings button, so there likely is a second set of menu options, cause this is lokepy just the first page. Good. If amie is a menu item, perhaps the RotomDex features that replace the PokeNav are menu options as well?
Thankfully in XY and ORAS, the trainer card is where you can find your badges. So we might still have a chance to see gyms.

Back
Top Bottom