• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think next month in Corocoro we'll finally get more information about the region and HOPEFULLY gyms. They did say something about it in the last issue. They've been awfully quiet about the game's new features, characters, and the Alola Region itself.

Also I realize we got 14 Pokemon revealed to us in this month. Gamefreak has been very kind to us this month.

They really keep postpoing the Super-moves reveal, aren't they? I guess that with the Pokemon Go hype they would want to show something less controversial.

I like Wimpod, he has some reat colors and nice body shape. It seems like his gimmick will be that if you want to catch it you'll have to do it at full health or it will flee.

Bounsweet is Ok. It seems like the designers want to redeem themselves for skipping some patterns in Gen VI, with it and Bruxish.

Comfey is cute and colorful, but I dislike that it is just a collector and not the item itself like Klefki. I would have prefered a snake made up of flowers that eats its tail. Maybe for its evolution?

Mudsdale is great, I like his realistic look and his fluffy hair.

The PGL customizable rules look pretty meh so far. They seem more targeted to Pokemon online communities rather than groups or friends who want to play in a gimmicky way.

Again, the new pokemon we got have good designs and it is nice to see some new pokemon. Mudsdale is pretty neat in my opinion. Hyper Training seems interesting but I am not sure how it works. I know about nature, characteristics and stats but don't know anything about IV or EVs.

I thought Water's second. At least the old fisher in Going For The Gold said so.
"As of Generation VI, there are 120 Water-type Pokémon or 16.6% of all Pokémon (counting those that are Water-type in at least one of their forms, including Mega Evolutions), making it the most common of the eighteen types. All other types have been paired up with Water at least once."

Straight from Bulbapedia.

So far with the news that has been released I am feeling better about playing Sun and Moon. At first the games felt too themed to me, but I think it will be good.

Also I noticed in the video that the ID number on the summary screen is 6 numbers as opposed to 5 numbers.

Last edited:
I am still impressed by each bit of news of Sun and Moon that was released. It seems Game Freak is making a really good effort with these games. I like how we can get news on early dates such as the 1st, 2nd, etc. Next bit of news would be about the Alola region next month which is good considering we got mostly new pokemon revealed which is still a good thing.

I wonder what exactly will they show without giving away too much detail. Maybe random locations with new characters?

Also, I really despise how there is even MORE focus on the actual trainers during battle. I want Pokemon to be the CENTRAL FOCUS of the main games, I do not want trainers having an active role during battles and extra focus on them. This is not DIGIMON for fucks sake.

If anything, being able to see the trainers during the battle makes MORE sense. Battling has always been about the bond between trainer and Pokémon. It is through battling that trainers and Pokémon gain a deeper understanding of one another, and it only makes sense that you can now see the trainers during the battles.

I personally really enjoy the fact that they have done this.

If anything, being able to see the trainers during the battle makes MORE sense. Battling has always been about the bond between trainer and Pokémon. It is through battling that trainers and Pokémon gain a deeper understanding of one another, and it only makes sense that you can now see the trainers during the battles.

I personally really enjoy the fact that they have done this.
Being able to see the Trainers during battle is ok, but them doing ridiculous dances to Power Up their Pokemon, is just not right for me.

As I said earlier, we, the trainers, are meant to be like coaches, not dancing cheeleaders.

As I said earlier, we, the trainers, are meant to be like coaches, not dancing cheeleaders.
Guess that's why the anime made it a point to emphasise the trainer's involvement in Pokémon Performances...

Also, who's to say a Trainer is explicitly defined to limit themselves in such a fashion? Even if the type of trainer that most players end up being mostly focus on the battle itself, the games already set precedent for cheerleaders as a Trainer type, for both males and females. And dancers, too.

Guess that's why the anime made it a point to emphasise the trainer's involvement in Pokémon Performances...

Also, who's to say a Trainer is explicitly defined to limit themselves in such a fashion? Even if the type of trainer that most players end up being mostly focus on the battle itself, the games already set precedent for cheerleaders as a Trainer type, for both males and females. And dancers, too.
The Dancers and Cheerleaders are the minority. The majority of players identify as normal, classic Pokemon Trainers. Not as Dancers, or Cheerleaders.

Unless Gamefreak gave us the ability to identify as whatever Trainer Class we want, it's more logical to identify everybody to the standard option, which is a classic Pokemon Trainer, no point making us all identify with something as niche as a dancer or cheerleader.

Last edited:
I love the dance moves. ^o^ They're cute and it makes our trainers look more energetic. Personally for me, my pokemon trainer was never really 'me'. What with starting since Blue and having to play as a boy for two whole generations until Crystal came along. I don't even name my trainer after me anymore. They look like they're having so much fun doing the poses and I love it!

That might be one reason why I don't mind the dance moves either. While the silent protagonist is supposed to make it easier for players to emerge themselves into the game, I still imagine them as their own character rather than as an extension of me. Having to play as a boy until Crystal came out, as well as growing up playing video games that didn't really include a female character option, might have factored into that as well. The poses might look better when the player characters are in less generic outfits, but I'm still generally fine with them. It looks like it could be a fun and interesting way to enhance the bond between you and your Pokemon.

The Dancers and Cheerleaders are the minority. The majority of players identify as normal, classic Pokemon Trainers. Not as Dancers, or Cheerleaders.

Unless Gamefreak gave us the ability to identify as whatever Trainer Class we want, it's more logical to identify everybody to the standard option, which is a classic Pokemon Trainer, no point making us all identify with something as niche as a dancer or cheerleader.

I just want to point out that both of those trainer classes are about the trainer's profession, just like a sailor or scientist, and have nothing to do with their style of Pokémon battling. So I'm not so sure they really work as examples of what you both are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom