• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Yes... Gyms are necessary for the game.

Strictly speaking, I don't think it is Gyms themselves that are "necessary" so much as it is having some kind of periodic benchmark system that revolves around boss battles. You could hypothetically drop the "Gym" aesthetic in favor of a similar structure, as long as it could fulfill the same functions.

I kindof hope the August 1st announcement is more than just new Pokemon. Seeing the new Pokemon is great, but I want more on Alola itself and some kind of story line hints.

After the Island Trials tease, I am very open to the idea of Game Freak having a different story to the one we all know and love.

The news is meant to drop 22pm Japan time. I think that's probably what it means.

Most of their news releases have been around that time in Japan, so you're likely right.

I got a bit hopeful thinking they may have been teasing something 22 days after the 1st. Ah well!

I don't think they would announce more news before the current one has landed anyway. We're probably going to get some new stuff in Corocoro around the 8th and then probably something at the VGC Worlds opening ceremony which is the 19th apparently. So with the 1st's news, that's three news times and about one a week-ish until the latter end of August. Random stuff could still drop at any time like last week too, I suppose.

I love it when they gave us dates on when the next bit of news would come because that would give me something to look forward too during these months. Getting news 3x on a month would be great in my opinion.

Last edited:
Getting news 3x on a month would be great in my opinion.

It depends what news though. They could Properly troll us if they really wanted.

1st news - One New Pokemon silhouette
2nd news - Same pokemon, full colour picture
3rd news - Same pokemon, name.
4th news - Same pokemon, types.
And thats it for August!

(I really hope they dont do that.)

It depends what news though. They could Properly troll us if they really wanted.

1st news - One New Pokemon silhouette
2nd news - Same pokemon, full colour picture
3rd news - Same pokemon, name.
4th news - Same pokemon, types.
And thats it for August!

(I really hope they dont do that.)

They just revealed 14 new Pokemon in around three weeks; I don't think them holding back information is going to a problem.

I don't think they would announce more news before the current one has landed anyway. We're probably going to get some new stuff in Corocoro around the 8th and then probably something at the VGC Worlds opening ceremony which is the 19th apparently. So with the 1st's news, that's three news times and about one a week-ish until the latter end of August. Random stuff could still drop at any time like last week too, I suppose.
Its confirmed they're going to talk about the journey itself and things you need to know in Corocoro with its "Southern Islands Alola Guide" and I think they'd probably do something like reveal a new Pokemon there, or maybe a possible evolution for Salandit.

They just revealed 14 new Pokemon in around three weeks; I don't think them holding back information is going to a problem.

Oh, I agree. We will almost certainly get decent info, every time, from now until the release. I was just saying, if tpc REALLY wanted to, they could troll us pretty hard. But i cant imagine why they'd want to do that at this point.

Oh, and Zeb? Love the banner. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom