• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

My Reaction
-I'm kinda ehhh on the Alola Forms, also cause it might mean less Alola original Pokemon? Does this mean...Water Growlithe is real?
-THE BIRDS OMG! I LOVE THEM! THE HULA DANCING ONE!
-Minior...Very weak entry into the Pokemon roster
-THE MANTIS! OMFG ITS SO COOL!
-Mudsbray and Gumshoo look great!
-Z-MOVES HOLY SHIT! THESE LOOK AWESOME!
-...No gyms!? Now we have Island Trials, the Totem Pokemon, then the Island Kahuna to challenge. Hala is confirmed to be one. How will the trials work. I love the designs for the Trial Captains!

I love the news we got! I was blown away by the new forms of pokemon. So unexpected. Night all. need so rest.

These new formes are crazy. I wonder if traded Pokemon from RBY will automatically be their Alola formes? Also those Z-Move names are the best :ROFLMAO:

So the rumour about "no gyms" turned out to be true?

.....Does this mean that Masuda just lied in the pokebip interview?

Well that was pretty crazy. They're really not playing safe this time. New forms of old Pokemon, Z-moves, no Gym Leaders? What? Well that can only go two ways. Either people will love it and consider it new and refreshing or they will hate it.

So the rumour about "no gyms" turned out to be true?

.....Does this mean that Masuda just lied in the pokebip interview?

We don't know this for sure. This whole Trial/Challenge/Kahuna/Totem thing could just be Alola terms for things we know of being more like gyms. They might go Orange Islands on us, I never paid much attention to that series.

Well that was pretty crazy. They're really not playing safe this time. New forms of old Pokemon, Z-moves, no Gym Leaders? What? Well that can only go two ways. Either people will love it and consider it new and refreshing or they will hate it.

You're not kidding... I'm a little worried. I like little change but not big change. I might be on the side of hate it. I mean I'll get at least Sun and hopefully the competitive scene doesn't change too much, I was looking to be a big participant in VGC17 after getting my feet wet in VGC15 and VGC16, but this might be the first time I don't get both of the paired games if I end up not liking them as much.

Well, at least we have our Ice-type now! :)

They're terrible though. Ice/Steel for both. That's 4x weak to Fire and Fighting. I wanted good Ice typings. Their Abilities don't do much to make up for it either. Since they're alternate forms I don't expect too significant of a stat change either, the distribution might change as with other existing form changes, but they won't get any major buffs.

They're terrible though. Ice/Steel for both. That's 4x weak to Fire and Fighting. I wanted good Ice typings. Their Abilities don't do much to make up for it either. Since they're alternate forms I don't expect too significant of a stat change either, the distribution might change as with other existing form changes, but they won't get any major buffs.
You're forgetting about Ninetails' Alola Form which is Ice/Fairy.

Mixed feelings all around -- the changes/additions are exciting at face-value because they're unexpected, but nothing yet has got me #HYPED.

The new forms are fine, the riding Pokemon is fine, the Z-Moves are nice, the Island Trials concept is interesting. I do love the new Pokemon, though, for sure. Solid designs all around again. Most curious about Minior.

I'm sure this will all grow on me in time, but the shock of so many tangible changes is unsettling at first.

The biggest question that arose, is how do you activate these Alola forms?

Also, still no Dark-types.

Quite a change! New forms, Z-Moves, etc...

Anyway I'll start guessing, I think the Captains are supposed to be a kinda Elite 4... Still it's a bit confusing, as some of them seem to young to be Elite 4...

Back
Top Bottom