• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

That's true. And the fossil Mons aren't exactly the best description of "version exclusive", as only DP really empathized on that. Almost every other game you got to choose which fossil to get, with Platinum doing the RNG bit, so I wouldn't call the fossils the best example of that.

Truth be told, I think we may have seen an example of version exclusive Mons already: Bounsweet and Fomantis. Think about it. They're both pure Grass-types, both have the same ability, and both probably have only one evo (we don't know Bounsweet's evo just yet, but the chances of it having more than one evo is low if this is correct). So other than the box legends, we may already know one pair of version exclusive Mons. I'm not saying that's set in stone right now, as we don't genuinely know, but given the similarities, it's likely that they are version exclusive.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there were no Fossil Pokémon this time around. Hawaii doesn't have much of a fossil record due to it being so (comparatively) recently formed.

Serebii pointed out CoroCoro apparently specifically refers to the sandcastle Pokemon and baby Bewear as CoroCoro exclusive, but doesn't do so with the others...he thinks this could mean we might not see them Friday, and it could be like Rockruff and Komala where they're added the next update post-CoroCoro.

I wonder if the news on the 12th will feature what was shown in CoroCoro. Perhaps not in the Japanese trailer, but I can see the English trailer showing what was there.

Apparently the sand castles and Bewear pre-evo are listed as "Corocoro exclusives" in the magazine, while super awesome butt-kicking sea cucumber and the form-changing fish aren't. Since Corocoro is due for release on the same day as the trailer, maybe the sandcastles and Bewear pre-evo won't be in this upcoming batch to remain Corocoro's "exclusives" for a while?

As long as we get information on the sea cucumber I will be happy with anything we get. I love it <3 I'm nicknaming it Cumberpunch for now.

Edit: Garren beat me to it, except all my sea cucumber fanboying :p

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there were no Fossil Pokémon this time around. Hawaii doesn't have much of a fossil record due to it being so (comparatively) recently formed.
Except that pokemon designs are independant from the region's inspiration.

There are no wild polar bears running around New York and yet, we still got Cubchoo and Beartic in Unova.

Except that pokemon designs are independant from the region's inspiration.

There are no wild polar bears running around New York and yet, we still got Cubchoo and Beartic in Unova.

Well aware of that. Doesn't in any way mean that they can't draw from that fact, though.

No fossil Pokemon just adds fuel to the theory that Sun and Moon are like Johto. :p
DPPT and BW had an ice type gym leader as the 7th gym like Johto, and yet, they weren't in any way "like Johto" (which here i'm assuming you mean a two region game) whatsoever.

DPPT and BW had an ice type gym leader as the 7th gym like Johto, and yet, they weren't in any way "like Johto" (which here i'm assuming you mean a two region game) whatsoever.
I am actually referring to the possibility that if Gen 7 has no fossil Pokemon, it's the same as Gen 2. Some aspects of Gen 7 has been shown by some to be similar to Gen 2.

Apparently the sand castles and Bewear pre-evo are listed as "Corocoro exclusives" in the magazine, while super awesome butt-kicking sea cucumber and the form-changing fish aren't. Since Corocoro is due for release on the same day as the trailer, maybe the sandcastles and Bewear pre-evo won't be in this upcoming batch to remain Corocoro's "exclusives" for a while?

As long as we get information on the sea cucumber I will be happy with anything we get. I love it <3 I'm nicknaming it Cumberpunch for now.

Edit: Garren beat me to it, except all my sea cucumber fanboying :p
So basically there is a chance we might see 3 or more New Pokemon as they never revealed less then 5 at a time?

I really can't wait to see official Guzman(I hope that's the official english name) and possible in game fottage of Team Soull, hell maybe the gods will be good and we get thr evil teak Encointer music.

Truth be told, I think we may have seen an example of version exclusive Mons already: Bounsweet and Fomantis. Think about it. They're both pure Grass-types, both have the same ability, and both probably have only one evo (we don't know Bounsweet's evo just yet, but the chances of it having more than one evo is low if this is correct). So other than the box legends, we may already know one pair of version exclusive Mons. I'm not saying that's set in stone right now, as we don't genuinely know, but given the similarities, it's likely that they are version exclusive.

To be fair they could also be like Pumpkaboo and Phantump, both are present in each version but one is more common than the other depending on the version. (I think the same happened with Throh and Sawk in gen 5)

So having a similarity doesn't mean they'll be straight out exclusives.

To be fair they could also be like Pumpkaboo and Phantump, both are present in each version but one is more common than the other depending on the version. (I think the same happened with Throh and Sawk in gen 5)

So having a similarity doesn't mean they'll be straight out exclusives.

I know. I said it myself that we don't know for sure if they are version exclusives or not. I'm just using the similarities as an example of how version exclusive Mons tend to be. If I may quote myself, "I'm not saying that's set in stone right now, as we don't genuinely know, but given the similarities, it's likely that they are version exclusive." So I know they could just be rarer in one version compared to another like the examples you gave, but they could also be version counterparts as well. At the time, we don't know, but I was using them as an example of being possible version exclusives due to their similarities and how version exclusives tend to have very common traits between them.

Huh, they haven't mentioned any version exclusives have they? Maybe if...

the "leak" about "time working differently in each version" is right, they are saving the version exclusives to cover then? I would guess there's more differences between versions than Pokemon and the time, if they were doing something like that too

Well, if the Chinese leak is still 100% true, then I'm stilling waiting for
Ash-Greninja and its mechanics

I'd like to point out traditionally Version Exclusives are announced together---we knew from the moment they were revealed Skrelp/Clauncher and Spritzee/Swirlix were Version Exclusive. I don't think they would've revealed two Pokemon who are Version Exclusive to one another and not said as much.

One exception was Bonsly and Mime Jr., but that's because they were revealed before Diamond and Pearl coverage began but once it started they were pretty quickly said to be VE. Also Braviary, revealed pre-release but Mandibuzz was not, though apparently that has something to do with Mandibuzz being a late addition I recall interviews mentioning.

I've seen it pointed out though that the Alola Variants have been primarily classic Blue Exclusives---Meowth, Sandshrew, and Vulpix which is interesting.

Actually we didn't know Skrelp and Clauncher were version exclusives until a month after their reveal (when Swirlix and Spritzee were revealed). But that's me nitpicking.

No fossil Pokemon just adds fuel to the theory that Sun and Moon are like Johto. :p

I would be so sad though.
Screen-Shot-2015-11-03-at-6.12.56-PM.png

Just saw the new pokemon Namakobushi. Strange but cool looking pokemon. I would like gen 7 fossil pokemon but there is a chance there won't be.

New pokemon and Alola Raichu revealed!

Last edited:
Just a question in regards to the trailer; are we getting it tomorrow (release in Japan on their friday, our thursday) or on Friday in NA time zone?

Back
Top Bottom