• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I'm curious to this as well, but given the leaks, I say they'll do another round of damage control and release it by tomorrow like last time.

Actually, it'll be 9PM tomorrrow for you. They are uploading the trailers at 10am JST

Oh Crap!!! I thought it was pm for Japan........Last time they had it at night for them.....here I am not paying attention hahaha Oh well at least that's a day earlier lol

So the trailer will be realeased in America tomorrow?!?!?!??

Ughghhh now I'm never gonna make it through work ;-; tomorrow is gonna be the longest day ever

Kind of wish that they didn't leak early since it would make the official day of the news release kind of pointless but at the same time it is exciting to get new info. Guess this is the last bit of news for this month. Should expect early news around September 1-3 at the latest.

Does anyone know where the announcement will be streamed tomorrow? Since the trailer will go up 6PM my time, I figured that I could try to watch it live, even when the leaks today. I only saw a bit, but hopefully I didn't find all of the announcement by accident. Most of the announcements have been way too early for me, so I'd like the chance to see another one live when I have the chance to do so.

Kind of wish that they didn't leak early since it would make the official day of the news release kind of pointless but at the same time it is exciting to get new info. Guess this is the last bit of news for this month. Should expect early news around September 1-3 at the latest.
Actually where probally getting something at worlds but after that yeah

My initial reactions to the trailer.
-TEAM SKULL! Their designs are just so cool, with the punk theme going on. I'm really excited about them! Also, I love how Guzma just crouches on the ground as he battles.
-Don't care for the mushroom, but it DOES seem to confirm the Chinese leak even more.
-WISHIWASHI! The school form is just incredible! That submarine fish is just awesome! Also confirms it shifts back to solo form after a certain amount of damage is taken.
-ITS GUTS ARE A FIST! OMG WHY!
-Alolan Meowth is so sassy!
-ALOLAN MAROWAK! OMG ITS SO COOL!
-ALOLAN RAICHU! RAICHU FINALLY GETS SOME LOVE! Its so unbelievably adorable! The animations! THE SURFING! I LOVE IT!

So a regular Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak, which is odd. It suddenly shifts from Ground, to dropping it completely and obtaining Fire/Ghost dual-typing. Very strange how they went about that.

So a regular Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak, which is odd. It suddenly shifts from Ground, to dropping it completely and obtaining Fire/Ghost dual-typing. Very strange how they went about that.

Well it sort of fits the dead mother thing, Cubone is known for wearing its dead mother's skull and crying about her death. So it actually makes sense for Marowak to always be Ghost type. Though Cubone could've at least have the fire type...

That Team Skull theme is gdlk. That's all I have to say.

Other than telekinetic surfing.

I like how the Grunts are shown throwing something other than regular PokeBalls and the admin lady had a Great Ball - a nice little touch of immersion. And dang if their plans don't look cool and menacing, even if their poses are the stupider than anything Team Flare could concoct. I love it.

Also, now that we've seen Alolan Marowak in action, I'm curious what Esserise has to say, since they (she?) has been riding on it looking better in its animations. (I don't know why that stook with me out of every other post, but I hope they're happy at least.)

Last edited:
That admin/leader guy and I are NOT gonna get a long.
You think you can face off against a Slav and YOU are gonna squat?! Oh, you are going DOWN SO HARD!

But the grunts look just as likely to challenge me to a rap battle as a Pokemon battle. And my rapping isn't in top form.

Dang this pre-release peroid is so stuffed. I'm always kinda terrified coming here everyday to see ANOTHER new batch of information. I mean we are now at 26 (!) new Pokemon families, excluding Alolan forms and legendaries/deities. Gen IV & VI had 31 new families each. At this rate we know them all next month.

Back
Top Bottom