• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I wouldn't say it's an exception as its similar to Pokemon like Steelix & Magnezone in that they both evolve from a Gen I Pokemon.

Alolan Magnezone would be interesting as Magneton evolves based on location anyway.
Didn't we just get Magnexone in the latest trailer? Without an Alolan Variant of course.
I'm expecting to get another trailer at the end of this month or the start of September. I mean for the last two months (July and August) we've had new trailers on the 1st of each month.

The trend seems to be about 2-3 weeks between reveals.
Ever since May we have had updates at the stsrt of the month, nothing has changed yet.

I still think that some new megas will come soon. More from Unova and Kalos would be good, but they haven't mentioned anything about it yet.

Didn't we just get Magnexone in the latest trailer? Without an Alolan Variant of course.
By that logic, the following Pokemon won't have Alolan forms:
Spearow, Fearow
Caterpie, Butterfree
Kangaskhan
Luvdisc
Corsola
Psyduck
Poliwag, Politoed
Lillipup, Stoutland
Slowpoke, Slowbro
Ledyba
Sharpedo
Lapras
Skarmory
Tauros
Zubat, Golbat
Arcanine
Electabuzz, Electivire
Metagross
Miltank
Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
Haunter, Gengar
Flygon
Pancham, Pangoro
Eevee, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Sylveon
Fletchling
Krookodile
Garchomp
Dragonite
Rotom
Emolga
Milotic
Snorlax
Murkrow
Machamp
Delibird
Nosepass
Rufflet
Goodra
Masquerain
Charizard
Archeops
Phantump, Trevenant
Gigalith
Sudowoodo
Lucario
Primeape
Hariyama
Drowzee
Weavile
Aerodactyl
Trubbish
Pinsir
Ariados
Gyarados
Lilligant
Zygarde (shown in 10%, 50%, and Complete Forms)
Credit for the list: @swiftgallade46

Plus, one of the more seemingly credible leaks claims Butterfree DOES get an Alolan form, so trailer presence might not matter.

I'm leaning toward if you see it in battle in a trailer it's not getting a form. It hasn't been contradicted yet. Of course it always could be later, but I'm leaning toward no. Besides, if Alolan forms are only Gen 1 then it shouldn't be that hard to just avoid using the ones that are getting them. They have quite a large pool to choose from.

So my current rule of thumb is that if it's been seen in a trailer, or has a Mega Evolution, it's not getting an Alolan Form.

And mostly with this my Gen 1 Faves are safe from this pandering BS.

No word yet on when the next bit of Sun and Moon news would be apart from next month's corocoro. Either it comes out without an announcement made about it before it is released or we get the announcement on when the next bit of news would be near the end of the month. I am starting to think that we won't get new mega evolution this time. Not all pokemon get mega evolution and we already have quite a few already.

Gamescom starts in a few days and we know Morimoto will be there with a "surprise", but I'm wondering if it's just going to be some events of some sort as that's what Morimoto did last year.

Gamescom starts in a few days and we know Morimoto will be there with a "surprise"

It's worth noting that the surprise was said to not be guaranteed.

Gamescom starts in a few days and we know Morimoto will be there with a "surprise", but I'm wondering if it's just going to be some events of some sort as that's what Morimoto did last year.
I'm pretty sure we'll show something new like a new Mon or an Alolan form.
Last time we were in the hype cycle they officially showed M. Audino over there.

I'm pretty sure we'll show something new like a new Mon or an Alolan form.
Last time we were in the hype cycle they officially showed M. Audino over there.

Maybe so, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up just in case.

Where was this said?

Oh, wait. Nevermind, I misremembered.

Though, the use of the word "may" suggests it's possible we won't get one.

"In addition to that, Battle Director, Shigeki Morimoto, will be attending Gamescom to give insight into the world of Pokémon, and it is said there may be a surprise."

Reminder that XY was playable at gamescom and we had the chance to battle Sycamore with a Mega Mewtwo

I also think they will show something more at Gamescom this week....
it's only two months left before the game release! It's true that in august they have revelated so much but I don't think they say a lot in sept/oct and november just only on corocoro magazine and the official website.
I don't trust in the pokenchi programme anymore >.<

guide/artbook of pokemon sun moon
It would be give to people who booked the game in JAPAN .. how lucky they are!
what was the last guide which came with the games?? in the second generation??
Cpz9dCtWAAAGkvc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom