• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I like Turtonator. The design's kinda weird and it's not really obvious that it's supposed to be a turtle at first but I like it. Although I'm kinda confused as to why it doesn't also have Aftermath as an ability since this thing's gimmick seems to be centered around exploding. Shell Armor seems like such a boring choice.

Haven't seen all of the footage yet, but I did see the trailer of the new turtle Pokemon. I don't like it. Its face looks so ugly and gross. I am pleased that they keep making more Pokemon dragon-typed that aren't actual dragons though.

Assuming that Mega Rayquaza can also use Z-moves, then it either have to Mega Evolve first or use the move and Mega Evolve the 2nd turn because of the battle scene.

Oh cool, didn't see Turtonator. A fire type counter based dealt damage sounds deliciously evil, and the entire design is prettt cool. Its a Mata-Mata/Soft Shell Turtle hybrid that looks like a giant explosion, and its the first non legendary/mega Fire/Dragon, which means I can actually use it on my playthrough.

I love how this gen there are all these aubtle design philosophy nods to gen 1. Solgaleo and its muscle tonage, dual type grass starter, and now the Horsea snout makes a comeback even!

Dang, we don't have enough data to estimate the Power of the Normal Z-move, missing Rowlet HP at level 50.

No one says all Pokemon have to be cute, fluffy, or cool looking you know. It was based on a certain turtle, which is not that aesthetically pleasant, so...
Sure I know that. Just commenting that I think this has to be the ugliest pokemon of this generation so far. Nothing really wrong with ugly pokemon- it just is an ugly pokemon. XD And I was hoping for something better or at least more interesting than just yet another turtle.

After having a look at a picture of what it's based on (the mata mata turtle) I feel like I can understand it's design a bit more.

I probably won't use it on my team but it's still a pretty cool addition.

Trying to figure out what the heck it was a silhouette of before it unveiled the Sugimori art was pretty fun. Such a jagged, pointy design... I like it though. It fits the setting and is another entry in the growing line of non-draconic Dragon-types, which I am a fan of. Also, I am guessing that it will be a little more on the defensive side, and that is a style that I have taken more of an interest in lately.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzXRJuIQho

I gotta wonder.

Are all Z-moves either just physical or special? It's weird that some of them are simply special and other simply physical.

May be it's calculated based on your higher stat, who know!!!
I hope whoever does the datamining do it quick after the game come out so we can have all the answer. Pretty sure official strategy guides does not answer those technical questions.

Moves known/used in the battle:

Pikachu: Slam, Spark, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave (+ the Hyper Sprint Z-Move)
Rowlet: (rip)
Litten: Fire Fang
Popplio: Bubble Beam
Komala: Slam, Rapid Spin, Swallow
Rockruff: Tackle, Stealth Rock, Rock Tomb, Bite
Mimikyu: Shadow Sneak, Feint Attack
Togedemaru: Discharge, Tackle, Spark

Back
Top Bottom