• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Honestly, I would have been okay with Turtonator's design, IF it didn't have that specific type combination. I was hoping for a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon for a very long time now, and as such, I was kind of hoping we'd get a really awesome Draconic design to go with that type to make it even more amazing. I am a little disappointed that Turtonator is the Fire/Dragon that we get, but I'll live. Overall, I'm still very happy with a lot of other new Pokémon that we've so far received.

I am not a big fan of Turtonator. But people be like: "It's a turtle dragon!" And I am not a big fan of the Dragon or Fire types.

So, with Turtanator, we now have 40 new Pokemon (not including alternate forms).
We already have more than half of what was introduced in Gen 6.

As much as i enjoy seeing all the new Pokemon, i think I've had my fill now. my hype level has plateaued; but with 3 more months until the release, im sure we'll get more.

Turtonator is "Dragon > Not A Dragon" image bait, lol

That being said, I'm curious as to how its signature move will work.
At this point its obvious that Dragon in Pokemon is not meant to actually be hust dragons. That's what bugs me, people always jump on the hate train for typing Pokemon that don't fit some preordained fan requirements that obviously Gamefreak does not follow, without even thinking about the inspiration for giving it that type. In dragons case, I personally love it, cause lately they have beem firing on all cylinders for some unique Pokemon.

Moves known/used in the battle:

Pikachu: Slam, Spark, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave (+ the Hyper Sprint Z-Move)
Rowlet: (rip)
Litten: Fire Fang
Popplio: Bubble Beam
Komala: Slam, Rapid Spin, Swallow
Rockruff: Tackle, Stealth Rock, Rock Tomb, Bite
Mimikyu: Shadow Sneak, Feint Attack
Togedemaru: Discharge, Tackle, Spark
Rapid Spin on Komala is interesting, usually the Pokemon who have access to it are either with designs that look like it can be done, or Pokemon that have a decent amount of speed. If they give it Normal/Psychic, rapid spin, status buff, and a good amount of coverage and resistances will make this one hell of a wall if done right and the stats support it.

Last edited:
I wonder if Turtonator will be like Mudsdale and have a pre-evolution.
Its design is pretty complex, so I could see a it being built off a more simple design.

I get this weird feeling that Turtonator is actually the first stage of a line and will evolve, though. Hopefully into something that looks more like a proper dragon, or a quadrupedal dragon-tortoise.

Its design is pretty complex, so I could see a it being built off a more simple design.

I get this weird feeling that Turtonator is actually the first stage of a line and will evolve, though. Hopefully into something that looks more like a proper dragon, or a quadrupedal dragon-tortoise.
It looks pretty final to me honestly, but I could also see it having a prevo based on that. Or it could be like its cousin Torkoal.

Does anyone get Bowser vibes from Turtonator? I mean they are both turtle dragons. Maybe Turtonator's inspiration is the same as whatever inspired Bowser?

Idk what Bowser is inspired by, but Turtonator is mix of a matamata turtle, a kappa, a kaiju (probably Gamera) and also explosives.

I wonder if Turtonator will be like Mudsdale and have a pre-evolution.

I think it'll have a pre-evo. Not only does it look like the sort of Pokemon to have a pre-evo, the site says it lives on volcanoes and we really only have one obvious one on the map, which is on the second island. And it looks too strong to be encountered early in the game imo. But maybe I'm wrong and it is, I guess we'll see.

Hmm, not seeing an ankylosaurus in it personally.

Stream link for the opening ceremony of Worlds. Note we aren't guaranteed any news from this, but the last few years there has been an announcement, so we will just have to wait and see. It starts shortly.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

Fire/Dragon on Turtonator is an honest waste in my eyes. As far as its design goes, I think it should be Fire/Ground, or perhaps Fire/Rock. Regardless, it's unlikely I'll catch this Pokémon for any reason other than completing the Pokédex.

Back
Top Bottom