• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Oh my god Crabrawler. I love it. But now I have 2 new Fighting type vying for my attention. Decisions, decisions.

And Sandygast and Palossand look great in game. I like how their little shovel's spin around.

Pompadour crab. I love it. And I love how it looks like it has a black eye. Nice touch. I'm hoping for a champion-themed evolution or two.

Stufful's cry is so cute. Now it's guaranteed a spot on my team. And the little plush tag coming out of its butt is another little detail to push the teddy bear theme. But I wonder what the in-universe explanation is for it? Also another way to make a Yugioh joke; Stufful = Fluffal

Crabrawler huh? I don't really like it, I actually preferred yesterday's reveal.
Sandygast and Palossand look a lot more interesting in motion.
Stufful is clearly based on a red panda plushie. The tag underneath its tail was a cute detail.

I really like Crabrawler, but surely it could have been a Water/Fighting type? When was the last time we had a non legendary Water/Fighting Pokemon?

The crab looks great! Honestly, a fighting crab with boxing glove-like hands feels like it should have been introduced ages ago. Aww, Stufful is so adorable, and while that tag looking thing does enforce that it's based on a plushie, it feels really unneeded and out of place. The sand castles are cool too! Definitely much better and more ghostly looking in motion - I love ghost objects with the creepy factor to them like Drifbim and Chandelure.

I really like Crabrawler, but surely it could have been a Water/Fighting type? When was the last time we had a non legendary Water/Fighting Pokemon?
Gen 1. Personally I was hoping Pyuku would be the one but this is a bit of a missed opportunity too. It's an alright new pokemon though. Not really my taste though. Same with Turtonator.

Crabrawler is based on a coconut-crab, probably why it is not a Water type. Stufful is, I bet everyone notices that there is a tag near its tail. Water Compaction might not be totally useful for Palossand if its Sp Def is weak because most water type are special attack anyway. Really, really love the new move animation for Shadow Ball, a lot more realistic now. Also Dragon Pulse from Turtonator yesterday was wonderful, a freaking laser beam.

I quite like Crabrawler actually. I think I prefer him over Tortunator at least.

I love how it's eye is half closed, probably from being punched so many times.

I'm just imagining walking past a berry tree now and just seeing a crowd of Crabrawler launching punches at each other. For some reason it seems funny to me...

Yep the black eye on Crabrawler really makes the design for me. It's full of character. Also the stance it has, it's like the cliche gentleman boxer pose. And being a coconut crab does explain the lack of Water-typing as they are terrestrial. (And tbh my current team, which will probably change by release ofc, doesn't want a third Water-type :b )

I definitely prefer it over Turtonator, which I'm not particularly keen on.

Sandcastles look great in motion too.

Oh my gosh, Stufful is so damn cute! I love how it falls over after it attacks.

The sandcastles still look lame, but I'll admit that they look better in the games as opposed to the artwork.

And I don't care much for the boxing crab, but I do like that its a sea creature that is not a water-type.

Palossand with Water Compaction and an Absorb Bulb would destroy! It just needs a recovery move to be even more powerful!

May the Crab pokemon would evolve into Fighting/Water? Anyway, it has a decent design and abilities.

Back
Top Bottom