• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I liked the skates. :( They move so fast, probably faster than the bike.

Also at this point, I regularly alternate between the D-Pad and Circle Pad for all the Pokemon games I have. I've seen the apparent frustration over the Roller Skates, but I still want them back, probably less slippery something. IDK, I never thought there was anything wrong with them to begin with.

I don't care if the rollerskates come back or not. But if they do, they need to be absolutely optional. I hated them being perminantly mapped to the circle pad in XY, it was such an inconvenience. We already have the bike, it was a dumb inclusion.

Personally, I didn't have any problem with the Skates using the Circle Pad, since any time I walk, I use the Dowsing Machine. And then it's like, you get to walk/run with the Circle Pad... and you find all of the hidden items!

I also liked the Skates themselves, so, just a win-win for me all around.

So as of the current trailer, there is still no sign of an Alolan Persian. I wonder if that means my guesses of Alolan Meowth either having lost the capacity to evolve or evolving into a new Pokémon were true. I could always be wrong, but to only show us Alolan Meowth in the event that Alolan Persian also exists is a bit odd to me. After all, the pre-evolution Pokémon that had Alolan Forms were shown alongside their Alolan Form evolution thus far.
Don't worry. I am sure that they are saving Alolan Persian for September, so that they showcase Alolan Persian with one or two other Alolan forms. I don't think that we haven't received just one Alolan form. They usually come in pairs or trios.

It does seem like there's a pattern each month. The 1st has a big reveal with a trailer, then around the 12th-15th CoroCoro releases and maybe a short trailer in the later of the month.

I think a Pokemon Direct is incoming, or something of that caliber. No news of the monthly update is a curiosity.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet for the next batch of news, which I've been expecting on September 1st, as the past couple have been.

What if... there is no more news????? :eek:

Or maybe they are trying to minimize the chance of another leak by not announcing the date so far in advance. This last leak was pretty rough for them.

Or maybe they are trying to minimize the chance of another leak by not announcing the date so far in advance. This last leak was pretty rough for them.
makes sense since they probably just private the new video on YouTube. it would explain why the announced updates have usually been leaked whereas the more unexpected ones haven't.

I think we would get news when they are ready to release the news. I hope the news would be released on the correct date without leak so that it won't be spoiled.

The announcements for the next batch of news hasn't been too consistent either. Sometimes they'll announce it a couple of weeks ahead of time, but other times they'll announce it just a few days before it comes out. I wouldn't be too surprised if they're waiting to make sure that the next batch of news doesn't get leaked out like the last one did though.

That probably seems more likely since the last bit of news was leaked in its entirety, forcing them to release the trailer early.

I agree. Last time (and once before, if I'm not mistaken), early leaks were revealed, forcing them to show the trailers at least a day earlier than planned. Stuff like that forces their hands in order to quell anything it causes, which is why they're probably not saying much of anything until we get closer to the actual day. That way the stuff won't get leaked before GF wants it to be. So if there is a September 1st date for new info, GF isn't saying much in order to keep the leakers from revealing the info too soon. After all, GF wants to be in control, as these are their games. So let's hope we get some good stuff to chew on when they do.

The announcements for the next batch of news hasn't been too consistent either. Sometimes they'll announce it a couple of weeks ahead of time, but other times they'll announce it just a few days before it comes out. I wouldn't be too surprised if they're waiting to make sure that the next batch of news doesn't get leaked out like the last one did though.
The mid month update usually is announced a couple of days before however. Both trailers that were in the middle of the month or close to it were announced a day before or so, while all 3 start of the month updates had an announcement 10 days or so prior to it. They could have an update at thr start of the month and announce it on like Monday, sure. But I dunno, something tells me the update is going to come later in the month alongside the Rockruff Evolution Secret and possibly the starter Evolutions. Its going to be heavier in content imo.

I wonder though, perhaps the MCV rumor has credence? More sources are reporting Game freak on NX, and it has me thinking, what if GF actually has SM running on it and ready for launch? Next month's news is definitely for the starters, but I wonder if they would have the balls to announce the NX with a launch port of SM. I mean, it's likely to be the first handheld without BC, which always alleviated the issue of being on prior hardware while the newest one is coming out or already is out, like Crystal and the GBA, Emerald and the DS, or B2W2 and the 3DS. All those can be played on the next hardware cycle, but SM could potentially be stuck on the 3DS, soooo I dunno, it's looking plausible in a way.

Back
Top Bottom