• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Well... Is this possible that the games in Gen 7 (After Sun and Moon) could be released both on 3DS and the NX? I don't know much about how these things work, but I just counted that in as a possibility...

Of course, SM might turn out to be disappointing. If it ends up being an other typical first pair of a generation, it will not have much content and it will not be one of the best games.
But if it ends up being a standalone Anniversary thing, it could have more content than typical first pair games. You are right though, we haven't seen how much content SM actually have, so it can perfectly end up being a typical content lacking initial pair of games, like all the previous generations, more or less.

—————
@RainbowLifeAndLove @Esserise
Well, to give some context to the conversation:

- the first pair of a new generation, that is the first generation on a new handheld (DP and XY) is developed in 3 years.

- the first pair of games of a new generation, that is the second generation on that hardware (BW and SM) are made in 2 years.
This is likely because the development of the new engine and graphics, would take one extra year of development, whereas the second generation on the same hardware reuses the engine.

And from official sources (Masuda, Ohmori, etc) we know that:

- XY and BW2 started development simultaneously, with the staff being divided between those two games until BW2 was ready, at which point the BW2 staff joined the XY staff.

- ORAS started development once XY was finished, and was developed in a year. However, unlike what GF usually do, the entire staff developed ORAS, and no other game was developed simultaneously during that one year, allowing Game Freak to concentrate on ORAS and speed up the development process notably.

- SM development only started once ORAS was complete. SM will be developed in two years, just like BW.

With those things in mind, amd seeing how BW weren't any more content packed than other beginnings of a generation, it probably means that we shouldn't expect SM to break the tradition of those games having less content than the latr games of their generation.

However, considering they are an Anniversary game, I still have a feeling that they could be somwhere in the middle in terms of content, with more content than any previous initial pair, but less content than third versions and remakes.
I concur Boss! Something about SM just gives me hope and makes me feel good about Ohmori as a director.
Looking back and of course IMO, XY was build around the hype that is was the first 3d mainline entry in the franchise and we rode that hype as it grew bigger and bigger with the announcements of Fairy types and ME but that hype train crashed once the games released for various reasons depending on the person. If I'm being honest, this was the reason I was in the Z camp and why I was somewhat fearful of SM initially. That said, my fears are rapidly being melted away. From every NPC having a battle model, All of Gen 6's features coming back and being expanded on, continuing into the Pokémon having such strong personalities and details put into their lore. What I'm feeling isn't hype but.... genuine exhilaration for a Pokémon game, perhaps something I've long since lost without me noticing as I eased into my teen years and onto Social Media . It also helps that there's still so much mystery surrounding the games at the moment to that keeps me always curious .

Some Sun/Moon news today would be nice for my birthday. :p

I'm not going to expect something out of the 3DS Direct, but it would be odd if they didn't show anything relating to Sun/Moon, especially since it's their biggest game of the year.

I think we will definately get starter second evolutions in this direct. So it will be more clear if the leaked final evolutions is something likely to happen.

Kay, Masuda has retweeted the Direct so I'm willing to ~believe~

Not long to go! I'll try to find some links to other streams for those who don't like/can't use Twitch.

Edit: More stream links added to the first post of the thread. I'll try to dig up others if people need them. Can't find a Youtube link tho.

Never mind! Youtube links are up. Three different Twitch channels, two Nintendo site streams and two Youtube streams.

Now we wait :)

Last edited:
I forgot, did the Chinese leak mention a Dark-type Alolan Rattata? I mean it didn't mention Bewear's pre-evo or the sandcastles, but there's still a chance they were intentionally omitted.

The Chinese leak doesn't mention anything about Alola Forms. There is a leak that mentioned Dark-type Rattata, though. It's the one from 4chan that mentioned the S.S. Anne, the returning characters, Oricorio, and various Alola Forms.

Think I just missed the Sun and Moon trailer in the stream. Apparently though, Serebii said that we have Dark-type Rattata in Alola, so the leaks about the Water-type Arcanine could still be true. However, due to the normal Arcanine being in on the Japanese website, and the fact that they got the Alolan Ninetails typing partially wrong, I think that may point towards us getting a Fire/Water Mega Arcanine instead.

Also, signature Z-moves confirmed! It also makes Ash-Greninja slightly more likely to appear in Sun and Moon.

So just Alolan Rattta and Snorlax Z-Move? Not as much as previous trailers on the first, but still very entertaining. :)

Back
Top Bottom