• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

So is there still another trailer on the 13th?

Or was that a fake leak?

OMG

Pokemon Sun&Moon
Mario Maker 3DS
Monster Hunter Story
Yoshi

to buy!!

So many great games!!

I'm mad!!!!!!

Wow... looking at the Direct as a whole, Nintendo is really doubling down on 3DS titles this and Next year... It makes me think that a second pair of Gen 7 Pokemon games after Sun/Moon on the 3DS wouldn't be that surprising.

So is there still another trailer on the 13th?

Or was that a fake leak?

Predicting trailers might be the easiest thing, since we 100% get one every month.

A new trailer should definitely be out after CoroCoro.

That's the day after my Birthday!

Last edited:
The trailer was pretty neat. I was hoping/expecting a bit more information, but what we got was good. Alola Ratatta looks pretty cute. I like how its standing up on its hind legs and the whiskers around its nose look like a mustache. It fits nicely with its Dark/Normal type design and I'm sure we'll see Team Skull grunts using it. Exclusive Z-Moves for certain Pokemon sound pretty neat. I like Alola Raichu's Z-Move. It gives Raichu more attention and it focuses nicely on it surfer design. Plus, Alola Raichu with its own Z-Move practically writes the episode plot for the anime itself. Pikachu vs. Alola Raichu going head to head with their own Z-moves.

The Muchlax event seems a bit odd or rather unexpected. I thought that they'd go with some different Pokemon as an early distribution gift. I'm sure that there are Sinnoh Confirmed jokes somewhere given that Muchlax was introduced in the fourth generation, even though the main focus is on Snorlax. Snorlax's Z-Move is just hilarious. You stand on top of a sleeping Snorlax while doing the pose, then its head suddenly moves up with glowing eyes and runs up towards the opponent to crush it under its own weight. That's just insane and hilarious.

I am glad that there will be more information on the 6th though. While this was a nice bit of information, I was hoping for something a bit more than one Alola form and a focus on Z-moves. I probably had my expectations a bit too high for a general Nintendo Direct, but I was and still am eager for more news. At least we'll only have to wait a few more days for the monthly batch of news. They probably wanted to save announcing it after the Nintendo Direct.

Pulverizing Pancake...really? Well I think they were trying to be funny but I don't really find that all that funny. Dark Ratatta is fun though even if it's unlikely that I'll use one my first playthrough. There are always nuzlocks though I guess.

The move is called Serious Attack as in 1 Punch Man serious punch in Japanese.

Also Japanese website seems to suggested that Pulverizing Pancake is a transformation of Giga Impact, Snorlax must know Giga Impact?

Last edited:
I feel like this was part 1 of the news of September. Part 2 will come on the 6th. I like that we got a small taste today. A delicious appetizer with a full main course on the 6th. :)

At first I felt like this trailer didn't really give out that much, but the next batch of news is in 5 days so it's cool.

Still, Alolan Ratatta looks pretty neat. I like how it looks standing on its hind legs. Surprised it got the Dark type as a secondary rather than being pure Dark. Still never gonna use one, but y'know... I like it.

Having a special Munchlax caught me off guard. I wonder why this Pokemon specifically. The trailer also got me a little confused as to whether Pulverizing Pancake will be usable by all Snorlax or just this specific one that evolves from the early-order Munchlax.

DARK RATTATA! ITS GOT A SWEET MUSTACHE! I hope it keeps it when it evolves because if it does I might name mine Vegeta.

I almost wish Snorlax opened its eyes. Scary red glow is alright, though. Wide eyed snorlax would have made that more hilarious. Not that great a gift for purchasing the game early though if I'm to be honest. :p At least I won't be broken up if I don't get it.

Alolan Rattata is really cool. Shame about the 4x Fighting weakness though.

As for Snorlax, that move is so awesome. As you can tell I've already adopted it as my new avatar. :LOL:

Did anybody hear the chanting during the S\M music? That was amazing

The trailer also got me a little confused as to whether Pulverizing Pancake will be usable by all Snorlax or just this specific one that evolves from the early-order Munchlax.
If you haven't heard, there are special Z-Crystals out there which are specific to that Pokemon. Alolan Raichu gets one, too.

This was a little bit disappointing. Z-Moves are a near clone of Mega Evolution: you need a stone (Z-Crystal) to use it, and it makes you super-powerful (by giving you a super-powerful move). But then again, we don't seem to always need fully evolved Pokémon for it.

However, the Pulverizing Pancake is, in my opinion, a stale joke. I'm not a huge fan of Snorlax, so a move like that is pretty much meh. On the other hand, I think A-Raichu's Z-Move is pretty awesome.

As for Alolan Rattata, I actually like its design. This one just might earn a spot on my team, depending on how Raticate looks. Also, is anyone wondering what Joey would think of this Rattata? :D

Those are my thoughts, and opinions, of course. Feel free to ignore it all.

Back
Top Bottom