• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

-Gumshoos is modeled after a detective
-Alolan Rattata is modeled after bandits
That's pretty clever

Oh, I love that. It's almost like their respective evolutions are responding to developments in the other one's. Rattata became nocturnal to evade Yungoos, Yungoos became a detective to stake out the new Rattata.

Oh, I love that. It's almost like their respective evolutions are responding to developments in the other one's. Rattata became nocturnal to evade Yungoos, Yungoos became a detective to stake out the new Rattata.
It also gives character development to Yungoos. The guy evolved to become seemingly more benevolent because it really wanted to help out the Aloloan people

Nothing too exciting this time (could be said for the Direct as a whole, too). Dark Rattata was so widely speculated it's like "Oh, so that's real. Okay".

Having a special Munchlax caught me off guard. I wonder why this Pokemon specifically.

I saw someone in another forum that this could foreshadow a Diamond/Pearl remake. Wasn't Munchlax the first Sinnoh pokemon to be revealed? We COULD've had a level 1 Snorlax, which is legal, but I think this is just reminding everyone that Snorlax has a pre-evolution.

Plus, anyone see the Japanese trailer, and how they acknowledged the "Snorlax took 6 gens to stand up" meme?

Alolan Rattata looks pretty cool, as does Snorlax's and Alolan Raichu's respectvie Z-moves. Nothing that exciting really, but it was nice overall and the next batch of info is only 5 days away, so I'm happy.

So, Yungoos was brought to Alola to get rid of the Ratatas, that had moved to the islands.
Okay.... Now I´m actually starting to believe that it is based of Donald Trump :eek:.

I think that Snorlax is such iconic Pokemon from Kanto as a roadblock. So it was an ideal choice. Muchlax is an obivous addition, but Snorlax's reason is the main one.

I don't know why, but I kinda expected a little more today, but we still got some news. We got Alolan Rattata though and HOLY FUCKING SHIT, SNORLAX! THAT PULVERIZING PANCAKE WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE. That was both scary as hell and hilarious. It took 20 years, but Snorlax finally learned how to run.

Also more news on the 6th sounds great!

So, are we just going to ignore that the little dance for the Ghost (?) Z-Move is our character holding their hands up and going 'BOO!'? That's amazing!

Ooh Alolan Ratatta! I like it, it's certainly way more interesting than the regular variant, both design and type-wise.

Signature Z-moves were somewhat expected because of Ash-Greninja's super Water Shuriken move in the anime. I wonder if Z-moves will have a connection to special forms like Ash-Greninja as well. Snorlax with a Z-move as a gift for buying early is disappointing though, I never cared about Snorlax.

Muchlac special Distro with a Z-Crystal? Sinnoh Confirmed, until they don't. Rrminfd me a lot like Mega Blaizken.

The only generation with four separate installments is the Japanese slate for Generation I, so I don't know where you're getting that they "usually make about four games."

Probably only as much of a "backlash" as there was when they "skipped Z," which wasn't really all that much since it basically amounted to fans arguing on the Internet.

I think this is a rather careless accusation of "laziness." Do you know how much work goes into making the games either way, regardless of whether they're for the 3DS or the NX?
Wrong. Gen 5 and 6 had 4 games in total. The backslash would be bigger than skipping Z since having two games in one gen is just asking for the franchise to be cancelled. And it is lazy if they decide to make only one pair of games for gen 7 and then go directly to next generation.

Anyway, Alola Rattata looks cool and the description about it confirms an Alolan Ratticate. There appears to be Z moves for specific pokemon.

Wrong. Gen 5 and 6 had 4 games in total.

But only two individual projects, since paired games are developed simultaneously and are grouped together in terms of production.

The backslash would be bigger than skipping Z since having two games in one gen is just asking for the franchise to be cancelled.

I would quite like to see the statistics that you are looking at in order to reach this conclusion.

And it is lazy if they decide to make only one pair of games for gen 7 and then go directly to next generation.

How so? Please substantiate this claim.

But only two individual projects, since paired games are developed simultaneously and are grouped together in terms of production.

I would quite like to see the statistics that you are looking at in order to reach this conclusion.

How so? Please substantiate this claim.
They still count as four games in total. But if you are counting how many pair of games then it would be two pair of games. Having only Sun and Moon as gen 7 games would be a foolish move on Game Freak's part. It is not logical to have only those two games as a gen. I don't need to substantiate because it is lazy to make only two games in one gen. They always keep the current gen going with at least one more pair of games after the first to keep fans busy while they work on the next gen.

My most prominent reaction to the latest news:

Why does Alolan Rattata have a mustache? I like the design (and how it stands on its hind legs in its animation, that makes it look far better), but that mustache is so distracting that it kind of ruins it for me. It's so silly. Are mustaches evil and dark or something, Gamefreak? Is that your implication?!

And yeah, Snorlax Z-move is pretty silly, but I don't really have much to say about it, so I will focus on the mustache.

I don't need to substantiate because it is lazy to make only two games in one gen.

You do need to substantiate it, because you can't just keep saying, "No, it's lazy" as if that is a self-evident fact. Saying it over and over isn't going to make your argument for you. What about it is lazy, when jumping ahead and making a new generation game for a newer, unfamiliar system like the NX would likely require a lot more work than making a fourth game for the well-worn 3DS system would?

Back
Top Bottom