• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

At the bottom of it all is the issue that a game is still just one game, no matter how much stuff is crammed in. People could just look at Generation VII in a few generations and dismiss it for lack of quantity despite its in-game content making up for that.

Of course, I might very well be talking out of my backside now. It's only a concern I have with the idea of making Sun and Moon the sole games of this generation.

Did anyone else see the Ghost type Z-Move? How amazing did that look. I just wish we'd got a look at the name of it.

Where was it shown?

At the bottom of it all is the issue that a game is still just one game, no matter how much stuff is crammed in. People could just look at Generation VII in a few generations and dismiss it for lack of quantity despite its in-game content making up for that.

Me personally, I care a lot more about quality than quantity on this one. I don't really give a hoot as to how many games are in a generation as long as they are good.

Besides that, I don't think a standalone release for the anniversary year would be all that strange. "One-off anniversary special" is a fairly common concept in media.

There's also the fact that I'm still not sold on Alolan forms in general and would like a way to get the vanilla forms without being forced to lean on Bank, Gen I VC (they continue to feel like a blatant advertisement for this), or trading with others.

Another pair of games outside of Alola? Brilliant. That solves one problem.

Last edited:
Actually I don't. Don't assume to know me when you don't. I am not giving people an attitude. I am expressing my opinion on how many games gen 7 would have. If you are going to be not very nice then don't reply to me.
Listen. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really not; but a lot of times when you express your own opinion and thoughts; they DO tend to come off as condescending, know-it-all-ish and rude. Having an opinion is great! But it's in the manner in which you express your opinion that matters too. Please at the very least consider how you present and reply to others in the future; that's really all I'm asking.

I see Sun and Moon, Generation 7, as a celebration of the 20th anniversary. Another pair of Gen7 games wouldn't feel as special as Sun and Moon with its big nostalgia factor and status as the anniversary games.

So only Sun and Moon for the seventh generation seems very likely.
Since its the 20th anniversary, I kind of feel like Sun and Moon is going to be jam packed with content, if what we've been shown so far is anything to go off of. The 3DS does seem to be approaching the end of its lifespan and who knows what the NX means for handhelds, given the rumor of a hybrid console. Its a mystery what Game Freak has in store for Gen VII beyond Sun and Moon. A third version? DP remakes? Maybe its just Sun and Moon and misc games? Who knows.

I honestly see GameFreak throwing in tons of curve balls when it comes to Sun and Moon; with the rideable Pokemon, the Trial Captains and Kahuna's...

Makes me wonder what else they have in store for all of us.

The fact that the 3DS is confirmed to be getting several releases next year, in 2017, makes me believe it's not nearly as dead as we may think. We may not see the 3DS successor until 2018 or so. I still have doubts about what the NX actually is, but something tells me that a purely 3DS successor it is not.

I'm curious about the NX Pokemon Game (maybe a new spin off series to the Orre or something entirely new?).

They're definitely marketing it as something new and they have said they will have Mario, Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, and a Pokemon game at launch apparently.

*within 6 months of launch.

And we'll see. I've been doubting every single NX rumor, or just apathetically disclaiming them overall. Even if the rumor/leak about the Pokemon game released within 6 months of launch is true, nothing really says it'll be a main series game.

Yes, I know the rumor states GameFreak is the dev, which has only really done main series games, but that's an easy fact to screw up when telling information. It could easily be a spin-off by another developer and they just said GF by mistake. Or it's legit. Who knows.

If it truly is a main series game, I'm betting (not hoping, mind you) on a Kanto revisit.

Some of you need to realize that Game Freak could continue the generation by releasing new games for both the 3DS and the NX (one version per each). If Nintendo can do it for Zelda, there is little reason why Game Freak can't make it work (compatibility shouldn't be that hard).

There's also the fact that I'm still not sold on Alolan forms in general and would like a way to get the vanilla forms without being forced to lean on Bank, Gen I VC (they continue to feel like a blatant advertisement for this), or trading with others.

Another pair of games outside of Alola? Brilliant. That solves one problem.
Unless you're Chinese, I don't see why you'd rather wait for a hypothetical future game than rely on XY, ORAS or the VC games.

And the original forms likely to be easy to find on the GTS.

Last edited:
@The_Doctor; Can I ask why your betting on that? Kinda curious for your reasons, though I can also seem the leaning towards a spin off series like the Ranger games, or something along those lines making it more of an adventure game and such. But a full blown Remake or Sequel of Kanto? It intrigues me.

Well, to be fair, if I were Game Freak, I don't know that I would feel particularly compelled to offer yet another way of obtaining Gen I Pokémon to anybody who had declined to take advantage of a whole three other methods of obtaining them.

Listen. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really not; but a lot of times when you express your own opinion and thoughts; they DO tend to come off as condescending, know-it-all-ish and rude. Having an opinion is great! But it's in the manner in which you express your opinion that matters too. Please at the very least consider how you present and reply to others in the future; that's really all I'm asking.
Disagree with you. My posts is fine by my standards. Sun and Moon being the only gen 7 games is a joke in my opinion. Sun and Moon are unlikely to be pack with a lot of content as they are the first pair games. As for Kanto remakes/sequels, that isn't happening as Kanto has been done so many times that it has become stale.

I found a vid of gengar using the z move but can't find lucario using a z move. Can someone post a link to the vid? I really want to see this other z move.

@The_Doctor; Can I ask why your betting on that? Kinda curious for your reasons, though I can also seem the leaning towards a spin off series like the Ranger games, or something along those lines making it more of an adventure game and such. But a full blown Remake or Sequel of Kanto? It intrigues me.

Well, firstly, as far as I know, GameFreak only produces main series games. If the article is correct, we are probably getting a main series game. If the article is incorrect, we could get anything or nothing.

As for why I'm betting on Kanto if it's a main series game--Timing, marketing, etc.

Kanto (while it never died) has been bigger than ever because of Pokemon Go and the 20th anniversary. The rumor states the game would come within 6 months of release. FRLG are currently the oldest Pokemon games without a remake (the fact they are a remake, imo, doesn't matter at all.) since RSE got the ORAS treatment. Kanto has also not been in 3D and GF is probably wanting to make that happen. One could argue Sinnoh remakes, but not only is the time frame of 6 months from NX release too short for DP remakes, which I would believe require more time to produce well. Gen 8 would be fine for them. Kanto would likely be a quicker process (the region is smaller, etc.). I would expect a sequel type thing, maybe 20~ years later. Maybe even with a Johto post game. Who knows? Another possibility often cited is a third version/sequel/follow up to Sun/Moon. But it's far too soon for that. It would have to be announced so soon that SM would stop selling. And a port of SM just seems silly, but it's possible I guess? But nah

Overall, I think the rumor is either exaggerating or contains false information. But IF it's true, I expect Kanto (somewhat unfortunately).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom