• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Not necessarily. We know that there isn't Pichu doesn't have an Alolan form because we saw Hau using a regular Pichu in your first battle against him. The only pre-evos I feel like would have an Alolan form is Cubone because it seems kind of strange for a Ground type to evolve into a Fire / Ghost type, in my opinion.

The Japanese trailers show a normal cubone evolving into the Alolan marowak. Same thing goes with pikachu.

Make of that what you will.

The Japanese trailers show a normal cubone evolving into the Alolan marowak. Same thing goes with pikachu.

Make of that what you will.
That's true, but I feel like that they showed a regular Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak so they won't reveal a possible Alolan Cubone yet. All gameplay shown in the trailers aren't final and they could have just showed Regular Cubone in that situation to keep an Alolan Cubone a secret. Then again, I could be wrong and it turns out there is no Alolan Cubone.

That's true, but I feel like that they showed a regular Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak so they won't reveal a possible Alolan Cubone yet. All gameplay shown in the trailers aren't final and they could have just showed Regular Cubone in that situation to keep an Alolan Cubone a secret. Then again, I could be wrong and it turns out there is no Alolan Cubone.

Bare in mind that they showed Hai with a regular Pichu in the E3 demo. I'd say that's something that's not gonna change

Bare in mind that they showed Hai with a regular Pichu in the E3 demo. I'd say that's something that's not gonna change
I know, I strongly believe Pichu doesn't have an Alolan Form, because it was shown in actual live demo gameplay, I was just saying that I believe that Cubone probably has an Alolan form. I think you might have misunderstood, sorry if I wasn't clear.

How many pokemon will their be in Alola region honestly hopefully more then Klaos was pist off region to me as thier was under 70 pokemon

i dont count mega evolutions

How many Alola forms will thier be
So far thier might be chance Psyduck, Arcirane, Dragonite, Zubat, Lapras, Sparrow, Snorlax, Gyrados, Pincer, Munchlax are found in Alola region maybe a chance of these pokemo as Alola forms too wich means
their will be Golduck, growilth, Ferow, Golbat as alola forms

We have seen them evolving, but the screen cuts to the Alolan form in battle. So we can't say that they evolve into Alolan forms.

The amount of straw clutching going on is incredible.

It makes zero sense why they would hide Cubone when they show Marowak.

The simplest answer is that Pokemon didn't make Alolan forms for some of the pre-evolved mons, no matter how stupid that logic is. It is well within their actions to make a normal Poke evolve into a different form, after "adapting to years on the island", except they just evolved from the same pre-evolved form.

Not the first time things haven't been thought through thoroughly. Alolan Raichu is pretty much the poster boy for non-logic.

I suppose, you can't rule it out with absolute 100% certainty, but I'd say that showing regular Cubone was their way of saying that Cubone has no Alola form, and this is rather obvious. People should not get their hopes up for Alola Cubone or any of the other Pokemon that have been shown in non-Alola forms. The disappointment would be all on you if you thought otherwise.

I really wanted an Alola Cubone, but that's not happening. I've moved on.

I be disappointed if the number of Alola forms reduces the number of new pokemon for gen 7. We had the same problem with gen 6 with the mega evolutions reducing the amount of new pokemon gen 6 had.

I suppose, you can't rule it out with absolute 100% certainty, but I'd say that showing regular Cubone was their way of saying that Cubone has no Alola form, and this is rather obvious. People should not get their hopes up for Alola Cubone or any of the other Pokemon that have been shown in non-Alola forms. The disappointment would be all on you if you thought otherwise.

I really wanted an Alola Cubone, but that's not happening. I've moved on.
That makes sense, I just thought it would be a little bit strange for a Ground type to evolve into a Fire / Ghost type. I am perfectly fine with either outcome, I just didn't want to completely rule out the possibility of an Alolan Cubone since the gameplay in the trailer might not have been final. I already know from previous experiences not to get my hopes up for anything like this, but I wouldn't be dissappinted at all if there is no Alolan Cubone.

The amount of straw clutching going on is incredible.

It makes zero sense why they would hide Cubone when they show Marowak.

The simplest answer is that Pokemon didn't make Alolan forms for some of the pre-evolved mons, no matter how stupid that logic is. It is well within their actions to make a normal Poke evolve into a different form, after "adapting to years on the island", except they just evolved from the same pre-evolved form.

Not the first time things haven't been thought through thoroughly. Alolan Raichu is pretty much the poster boy for non-logic.
Did u read my post hat do u think

How many pokemon will their be in Alola region honestly hopefully more then Klaos was pist off region to me as thier was under 70 pokemon

How many Alola forms will thier be
So far thier might be chance Psyduck, Arcirane, Dragonite, Zubat, Lapras, Sparrow, Snorlax, Gyrados, Pincer, Munchlax are found in Alola region maybe a chance of these pokemo as Alola forms too wich means
their will be Golduck, growilth, Ferow, Golbat as alola forms

I think there will be anywhere from 80 to 120 new Pokémon. Without the Alolan forms. Keep in mind there will probably be more Mega-Evolutions and more Alolan forms are coming, especially with several leaks seeming to be legit, especially the one about the Starters final evolutions, and the most recent leak, which confirms their final evolutions.

So far if you counted the amount of pokemon we seen their about total of 50 new pokemon
counting evoultins of the staters, reginoal bird pokemon has two evolution forms, and the rock dog has at least one evoutlion

So far if you counted the amount of pokemon we seen their about total of 50 new pokemon
counting evoultins of the staters, reginoal bird pokemon has two evolution forms, and the rock dog has at least one evoutlion

Rockruff has one known, and probably sole, evolution. However, there are supposedly multiple typings it can gain from evolving at a certain time of night.

It doesn't really matter if you personally "count" Mega Evolutions. They require about the same amount of work and effort to create as regular Pokémon (as would Alola Forms), so from the designers' point of view, they are new Pokémon, and they produced 100+ new Pokémon designs for Gen VI.

I really doubt that we'll see any more waves that go over 100 without Mega Evolutions, regional variants, or some other "recycling" feature. It's more practical, and I would argue, more beneficial, for them to aim for smaller quantities now.

I think it is a bit ridiculous that they mega evolutions, forms and others as new pokemon when they are in fact not. New pokemon are pokemon that have never been discovered before and not variations/alternate forms/mega evolutions of older pokemon. Of course this opinion may not matter since apparently I am known to repeat myself and make annoying ones (unintentional).

Urgh, once again I'll be at work when the trailer airs, oh well. Something to look forward too once I'm home.

Back
Top Bottom