• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think GF has literally ran out of names. Some really wacky names for Pokemon this time.

What on earth is Type: Null? I mean..... I haven't a clue. Is Type: Null it's name, or just a description. Bizarre.

We're fighting aliens now Pokéfans. Can I just say, I don't trust this Aether Foundation - they just scream "secretly villainous" to me. Calling it now, they're the true villains.

Also, it kinda worried me that they were introducing a new type at first. What is Type: Null even meant to be? A chimera comprised of different body parts or something?

That was certainly something else. I still don't know how to process it...

Lusamine for main villain though. Don't trust her at all.

I LOVED IT!!!
Man, where to start...

1) A-Raticate is one fat cat. It's certainly been living the life, as a crime boss. xD I couldn't stop laughing.

2) The difference in time between the 2 games is... an interesting idea. So even if Moon, where we saw A-Raticate as a Totem, I imagine that if you wait long enough for day to come, you'll still get Gumshoos as a Totem?

3) Type:Null is an interesting name for Pokemon, it's looks extremely man-made, like some serious chimera experiments going on in Alola

4) Jangmo-o is sooo adorable. Depending on what it evolves into it may just be my Dragon for my playthrough.

5) So it seems we finally know what that artificial island in the middle is for- Aether Foundation, it'd be good to finally see a GOOD Team running around helping, rather than trying to destroy the world. They seem like they'll appear frequently enough. But that Faba guy looks incredibly suspect. I don't trust his smug smile.

6) Gladion obviously has a serious chunibyo complex by the way he acts.

7) "Dexio, I'm trusting you with this VERY important item connected to Zygarde. Make sure you don't lose it under any circumstance!" "Got it, prof. Sycamore I'll protect it with my l- Oh, look a random trainer! Hey, you want this thing?"

8) UB-01... it looks like Lillie... IT LOOKS LIKE LILLIE! TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT. What does it all mean, I wonder.

Last edited:
Ultra Beasts? Is it me or is GF going crazy with new mechanics this time around?

A Pokemon named Type: Null? Umm that's...odd. I like its design though.

Alolan Raticate looks pretty ugly. That's a shame cause I really liked A-Rattata.

Cutiefly evo spotted!!!!! Watch the japanese trailer i cant upload the pic!!!

Well, it seems the Japanese version also has the colon, so it's safe to assume that Type: Null is named similarly over there, too. Ignoring the fact that it's got one of the strangest names I've ever seen for a Pokemon, look at its appearance - it's a chimaera if I ever saw one. It's almost Pokestar Studios level of weird.

And then the Ultra Beasts... alien jellyfish? Like... They also appear to be a large threat if the Japanese trailer is any indication.

Also, the Aether Foundation has Lillie written all over it. Its leader has the same pale skin and hair colour. Interesting that they choose to go this route - a good and a bad team. Maybe there's some sort of ulterior motive we don't know about? Who knows?

Type: Null is obviously some alchemical creature created. Probably with some sort of perfect being in mind and turned out to be a soldier dog with a fish tail. Like a messed up chimera.

I LOVED IT!!!
Man, where to start...

1) A-Raticate is one fat cat. It's certainly been living the life, as a crime boss. xD I couldn't stop laughing.
2) The difference in time between the 2 games is... an interesting idea. So even if Moon, where we saw A-Raticate as a Totem, I imagine that if you wait long enough for day to come, you'll still get Gumshoos as a Totem?
3) Type:Null is an interesting name for Pokemon, it's looks extremely man-made, like some serious chimera experiments going on in Alola
4) Jangmo-o is sooo adorable. Depending on what it evolves into it may just be my Dragon for my playthrough.
5) So it seems we finally know what that artificial island in the middle is for- Aether Foundation, it'd be good to finally see a GOOD Team running around helping, rather than trying to destroy the world. They seem like they'll appear frequently enough.
6) Gladion obviously has a serious chunibyo complex by the way he acts.
7) "Dexio, I'm trusting you with this VERY important item connected to Zygarde. Make sure you don't lose it under any circumstance!" "Got it, prof. Sycamore I'll protect it with my l- Oh, look a random trainer! Hey, you want this thing?"
8) UB-01... it looks like Lillie... IT LOOKS LIKE LILLIE! TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT. What does it all mean, I wonder

Yes I know right I also though that UB-01 looks like Lillie, after I check the trailer JP again, I just think that I look SO Like her!!!
What those this MEAN!!!!!

Ultra Beast 01 is Lillie.

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Seriously, what are those Ultra Beast? Pokemon or those studio oponents like in b2w2.

Back
Top Bottom