• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

What in the flying fuck did I just watch? What in the flying fuck is Gamefreak doing? How the hell are they fitting all this into one game, and why does it look so good? Good Lord Almighty, screw the post league, there might just be enough content before the story is over to not even neccessitate a post game. Never bet against GF apparently, you will always lose. But yeah, this trailer man this trailer. When you think GF is showing off too much or there might be little to no more new gameplay, they just come out of nowehere and say hey, remember Pokemon Snap? We just put in the game! Hey remember the Evil Team? They are total bros, we actually DID flip the conventions on this one too! But yeah, thoughts so far, currently have this replaying over and over, cause the Japanese music is sooo good.

-Poke Finder. Looks like upgrades come from taking better pictures, so assuming there is enough depth to it, a lot of time can go into this. I wonder what the end reward will be.
-Dexio and Sina on a Vacation, spreading the word of the lord and savior Zygarde, now this one blind sided me. I expected maybe AZ, or even Sycamore, not the assistants. The zygarde cube sounds cool, and also looks a bit like Team Flare Tech. I wonder....
-The region looks amazing. We knew this already, but I low how dense the exisiting cities look, as well as how alive they feel.
-Aether Foundation, eh? Alchemy totally isn't a theme, just a fan theory taken too far, nope not at all. Totally going to be the evil team, and its starting to look like the story is going to extend far beyond the trials. Guzma's low level team so far into the game now makes sense, I bet you anything after the trials that the story has a second part with Aether Foundation and the Ultra Beasts. Game's story is going to be wild to say the least.
-Lillie is a Jellyfish. Or is the Jellyfish Lillie? Now this is a plot twist I think no one saw coming, right?

Forgot to mention, Gideon and Lillie totally have to be the son and daughter of the Foundation Boss. More so, Gideon looks like the kinda guy that belongs to Team Skull but is also your rival. Would be cool if that's your edgelord rival.

Last edited:
Just got home and saw the news, and, uh... well, that was unexpected.

I'm a bit afraid of where this will go, but I am, as well, excited.

Yeah, I'm yet to read the website, I'll go do that now.

When Lusamine first appeared I thought she was Lillie mother/older sister//both?, but after UB-01, there's an obvious connection to it, as well. The similar appearance here can be 2 things: literal or symbolic.

Literal would be that UB-01 IS actually Lillie, but shapeshifted its appearance. But there's still the similarity between the President and the mysterious Lillie, so it could be that UB-01 based its human appearance on Lusamine but made itself look younger, or that's actually what she looked like when she was young. The symbolic would be that they just LOOK similar without being the same, but till have some sort of deep connection. Like, in the anime, we had Rainer, Pyro, and Spark whose hair was made to resemble the Eeveelutions they have to indicate their relationship. Maybe Lillie is friends with these Ultra Beasts and wants to help them do... whatever it is they do.

What if Lillie used to be a real person and was friends with UB-01. And then she died or something happened to her and she disappears. And then UB-01 takes her place.

What if other characters are Ultra Beasts as well :O

Gosh, who can we trust in this game @-@

Does this mean that the games will be on a different time than the 3DS clock?

On second thought, Lillie may not be the Ultra Beast.

As we saw months ago, she has something in her bag, and UB-01 takes different shapes.

So my theory is that Lillie befriended this UB-01, which is why it takes her form and moves like her.

Also, remember that Lillie reads a lot and is helping Kukui for PERSONAL reasons, what other personal reasons could it be if not finding out what UB-01 is.

Wait. Gladion... That pose... It reminds me of something-
845.png

Looks like I wasn't the only one that had this reaction ;D

What if other characters are Ultra Beasts as well :O

Gosh, who can we trust in this game @-@
What if... someone at Gamefreak is an Ultra Beast... they've been making games for 2 decades waiting for the right moment to reveal their presence among us through these games... Just how many of them are there? What is their ultimate goal?

What if some of you guys are Ultra Beasts... Oh, God,STAY AWAY FROM ME

Does this mean that the games will be on a different time than the 3DS clock?
They actually mention it on the site. Its running on your internal clock, but with a 12 hour difference. So when playing Polemon sun its going to be 3PM at 3PM, but 3Am in Pokemon Moon.
Wait. Gladion... That pose... It reminds me of something-
845.png

Looks like I wasn't the only one that had this reaction ;D
If his Anime debut comes with a scene were he screaming MUDA to the high heavens, I will he so pleased.

what the FUCK

What sort of name is Type: Null? Looks like some sort of artificial chimera thing, I'm going to reserve judgement on it until I know more about what the actual hell is going on, but I guess it's sorta cool? Reserving judgement on Jangmo-o too, until we get its evo. Their names, I wonder if there is a connection, pawsibly to the Aether Foundation? I could see that strange Ultra Beast being connected too....that foundation is definitely interesting.

heh, alolan raticate is fat, I love it. Shame its mustache isn't a bit better tho.

also FINALLY, the rival is a dick again. I've waited too long for this.

Pokemon Snap is overrated trash and I don't care what anyone tells me, now it's finally what it should have been in the first place -- a stupid little mini game. Though I shouldn't call it stupid, I'm sure I'll have at least a little fun with it. Glad to see the jap trailer confirm that it's not gen I only, lord knows I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I was kind of losing interest with SM news since the past month had been laser focused on Alola Forms and I find them meh. But then this trailer pulled me right back in. Especially with the Japanese trailer with the amazing visuals and music.

Ok, I had not checked the official site yet thanks for the response. I think the two games running on different times is cool.

Last edited:
So Type:Null may be my new favorite Pokemon. It's really hard not to like that thing; interesting design, interesting backstory...wait that fin looks familiar...what is this Pokemon.

Also not sure how I feel about the Aether foundation right now it seems odd. Like they may be the bad guys but I just sort of think there's something else going on here that we're missing.

the rival is a dick again. I've waited too long for this.
If you mean an N sort of deal, then sure. But I'm not sure if they're a rival character in the strictest sense of the word, considering he's clearly affiliated with Team Skull...

What sort of name is Type: Null? Looks like some sort of artificial chimera thing, I'm going to reserve judgement on it until I know more about what the actual hell is going on, but I guess it's sorta cool? Reserving judgement on Jangmo-o too, until we get its evo. Their names, I wonder if there is a connection, pawsibly to the Aether Foundation? I could see that strange Ultra Beast being connected too....that foundation is definitely interesting.
The officialy website sheds light on Type:Null (couldn't they just call it Null? Spare us the confusion), but, yes, it actually IS man-made. Created with the specific purpose of putting up a fight against Legendaries.

Also, the website states that its head isn't actually its head, it's some sort of helmet that controls its vast powers, so I'm predicting a forme change that ditches the helmet. Maybe in the game itself, maybe an event, maybe in the next games.

If you mean an N sort of deal, then sure. But I'm not sure if they're a rival character in the strictest sense of the word, considering he's clearly affiliated with Team Skull...
I really don't see why being part of Team Skull prevents him from being our rival. Typically, a rival is just someone who you compete against and try to win against.

Last edited:
well, yeah, but he still seems to be very rival-like. I'd bet he develops a personal goal of getting back at the player eventually, after you beat him down more than he likes, so he could be more rival-like than N was in that sense. He's more like Silver than N I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom