• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Some more things.
Dexio and Sina have Mega Rings, so you probably battle them at some point.

Type Nul might literally be A to Z. They tried to clone Arceus or get close to it, using Zygarde Cell and Core biology. Its helmets collar is shaped like Arceus' ring, and has Zygarde Hexagons on it. This thing is going to have an amazing backstory, I feel it. Also just realized, the volcano on Akala can be seen from the south, and mostly everywhere on the island. The new overworld had work put into it, good lord.

So, my theories:
Lillie is UB-01, or related to it in some form. She's working for the Professor on Team Aether's orders to gather intel about something.
Team Aether created Ultra Beasts. Type: Null was a prototype Ultra Beast before it was stolen by Gladion, who was a member of Team Aether before abandoning them for Team Skull.
Team Aether may turn out to be the bad guys, or you have to stop them from creating/controlling the Ultra Beasts in some form. Team Skull may turn out to be the good guys, trying to stop Team Aether. Except they go about doing it the wrong way, making them seem like the villains. Until the truth comes out.

@Pesky @Neosquid I guess that's true. I dunno, when you say "rival" to me I think more the Blue/Silver/Wally/Barry type of ordeal in the context of Pokemon, and typically they haven't been fully associated with the villains outside of Silver being Giovanni's son (thus being related in a distant manner) - that's what I meant when I said "the strictest sense". I guess I should have clarified.

In any case, if they hate your guts and you enjoy kicking their arse, that should be fine.

Mew----- >>>>> Mewtwo

Arceus --------->>>>> Type:Null

It is a Gen I nod.

Last edited:
They could just be carrying them for show though, to show that they're from the Kalos region.

They couldn't just wear like, a Kalos pentagon pin or something though? Mega Rings are a valuable, limited resource.

Thoughts on the trailer:

The Ultra Beasts are extremely interesting, I love the idea of unknown creatures like this. They don't seem to be Pokemon, so...this is all new territory. I'm very down for this. ub-01 soft-confirms that there will be ub-02 and so on, but I wonder how they'll connect to 01 and if they take human form or not like the Lillie theories suggest.

Type: Null is a bit of a mess but a very cool concept behind it, I'm interested to see more lore about it.

Jangmo-o is great, I really like the design. I'm getting the feeling this is the first stage of the psuedo-legendary line.

Alolan Raticate is....I have no feelings on it as I don't really like Raticate to begin with. Interesting story behind it, though,

The Sun/Moon time difference is AMAZING. FINALLY. ACTUAL version differences apart from Pokemon!! Very, very pleased by this.

I love the Aether Foundation. Lusamine & Wicke have such great designs, GF's character design is ON POINT.

Gladion is Team Skull's Enforcer. Looks out to be the serious guy of the group. Love the Jojo pose.

The Zygarde cube quest is finally confirmed, I'm glad we're seeing Zygarde's lore in-game fleshed out.

PokeFinder, eh. Cool feature I guess. Could be fun to use, we'll see.

The Cutiefly evolution looks cute, I hope we see it officially soon.

Overall, this was amazing and just cements my excitement for Sun/Moon even further. I'm not even bummed no new megas were announced. There is so much good content here. I'm aware this is me just singing GF praise, but...I've seen nothing I dislike so far. Or maybe I'm just too hyped.

Megas probably confirmed then

I'm kinda surprised & glad that Sina & Dexio are returning.

Maybe they'll be the ones to give the player a keystone at some point?

They could just be carrying them for show though, to show that they're from the Kalos region.
We apparently battle them, soI would assume a later battle with megas has to happen, or that is one hell of a dick move. Also confirms that the games are a while after XY, Dexio talks about the Kalos 5 and the events taking place years ago.

I don't mean to show Alola that they're from Kalos, I meant as an easter egg for the player :p

I know, it's just that it would seem like an unnecessary tease, I think, especially when a pin or something would suffice, or you know, them actually saying that they're from Kalos.

I don't mean to show Alola that they're from Kalos, I meant as an easter egg for the player :p

We do? Where is this shown?
Go onto the official site, one of the screenshots uploaded has more dialogue, that mentions your battle with Dexio, and how it reminds him of the events of XY.

What Cutiefly evolution? I don't see it in the trailer.

089ASKm.png

It was in a different trailer.

Some guesses:

Type: Null maybe will evolve into Type: Wild, which is ArecusTwo.
Jango-o seems the pseudo legend of this gen. I hope so.
Raticate is toooooo cute.

Lumanison is the elder sister. Gladion is little brother and Lillie is little sister.
Three kids of one family belong to three different organization.
Guzma is the ex of Lumanison.
UB-01 is likely to be a friend of Lillie.

Because of you and Kukui, Guzma decides to be on your side.
At the end of game, Team Skull + Team Kukui(You+Hau+Lillie) beat Team Aether.

I just realized the Alchemy Symbol starts could be real after all.
Type:Null has a fin, a feline body, talons for the front feet, and a giant stone mask. Null is usually something devoid of energy, so perhaps Type Null is when the 4 types cancelled each other out?

Back
Top Bottom