• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

So that was a lot. Type Null seems cool, probably has a lot of lore behind it. Gladion seems a lot like Silver which is cool. I'm sure there are more parallels considering he's almost definitely related to the Aether leader who probably is is involved with the Ultra Beasts in some shady way.

Ok, ok, ok, that was a LOT to take in all at once.

First things first, the new Pokemon. Honestly, I really don't care for either. Type: Null looks like a gross abomination and Jangmo-o is just pretty bland imo. I'll give Type:Null props for being a human created Pokemon with a name that sounds like a science experiment though.

Alolan Raticate looks hilarious. And with the descriptions on the website, it seems pretty clear that these new forms for the rats are at least slightly referencing Ratatouille. They live in more urban areas, eat only fresh food, and help make dishes in restaurants. I just love the differences between the two sets of forms.

Also, I LOVE how the games are set 12 hours apart and how the normal-type Totems vary depending on the version you play. The more version differences between these 2 games, the better imo.

The Aether Foundation seems like it'll be interesting. Good to finally know what takes place on the Artificial Island. It's also nice to have a group of people also aiding in combating the evil team. And speaking of Team Skull, Gladion looks really cool. His comment about your Pokemon getting hurt for no reason(Not to mention the identical hair and eye color...) also makes me think of Lillie...

Sina and Dexio returning was certainly something I wouldn't have expected. I love how once again they're involved in the story, though I wonder what collecting Zygarde Cores will have to do with the main plot.

Oh my gosh...PICTURES! Honestly, this is what I am most hyped about. I LOVE taking pictures in the Pokemon games and this looks like it'll be really fun.

Lastly, the Ultra Beats. This s*it looks creepy as hell. A pure white creature with a hat looking appendage that it looks and moves like a little girl...dude is Lillie a f**king mutant.

Overall, this trailer was mind blowing. Seriously, this is the freakiest trailer we've gotten so far imo. Now I'm really getting excited to see what this plot is going to be.

Jangmo-o is the pseudo-legendary. See those scales on side of the body? They are going to transform into magnificent huge wings. We are going to get a golden quadrupedal dragon with glittering wings I tell ya!

Okay so I'm going to assume they're going to go all Digimon Tamers on us.

UB-001 is going to be part of a drone of the Pokemon equivalent of the D-Reaper (P-Reaper?)

The Aether Foundation is the equivalent to the Monster Makers and inadvertently created the P-Reaper.

Lillie is Jerri and the reason UB-001's movements resembles a young girl is because she's at the core of the P-Reaper, and the Lillie you know for most of the game is actually a drone similar to ADR-o1. Perhaps UB-001 is actually Lillie.

Also there's some emo Digimon Emperor equivalent who made Type: Null.

I had so many reactions, it was glorious.

Kinda wish we got this in the Direct, on top of the other news that was announced that day.

Jangmo-o is the pseudo-legendary. See those scales on side of the body? They are going to transform into magnificent huge wings. We are going to get a golden quadrupedal dragon with glittering wings I tell ya!

I think it's gonna turn into a Dragon/Fighting warrior tbh. Probably have the scales act as a shield on one arm and justify it getting Bulletproof. It's definitely the pseudo though, looks like we find it on the fourth island.

I think it's gonna turn into a Dragon/Fighting warrior tbh. Probably have the scales act as a shield on one arm and justify it getting Bulletproof. It's definitely the pseudo though, looks like we find it on the fourth island.
Whoa, an armored fighting golden dragon? I'll take that!!

More so, Gideon looks like the kinda guy that belongs to Team Skull but is also your rival. Would be cool if that's your edgelord rival.

I'm glad someone else mentioned this, but I totally agree. This guy totally gives the rival feel, and I've been my non best friend rivals. I've been needing a new Silver lately :)

It does seem fitting for what I've see described of it. Plus Dr/Ft is a new combination....what if knows Mach Punch?

Whatever it is, it's freaking adorable. From the revealed Pokemon, Jangmo-o is definitely going to be on my team.

Guys do check out that 5 minute trailer on the japanese channel! That shows a lot more information than the english one!
I second the notion. The reveal of UB-01 in particular was much better in the Japanese trailer imo. Was more suspenseful, with the cutscene.

It does seem fitting for what I've see described of it. Plus Dr/Ft is a new combination....what if knows Mach Punch?
Maybe even bullet punch :D. Haxorus could have been a Dr/Ft but here's Jangmo-o. If this guy doesn't turn out to be the pseudo-legendary, I'll be unhappy :( This fellow's evolutions have a potential to be designed amazingly!

Whatever it is, it's freaking adorable. From the revealed Pokemon, Jangmo-o is definitely going to be on my team.
Mine too :D

I don't get that time stuff in the games. Is that, Sun is constantly morning and Moon is constantly night, or they will have 12 hours difference simultaneously?

I think that the games will be set 12 hours apart. For example if you play both at 9 AM, Sun will be at that time and Moon will be playing as it it was 9PM.

Also there's some emo Digimon Emperor equivalent who made Type: Null.

And look, Gladion, who uses a Type: Null, looks like he could fit the bill!

Also, the Cutiefly evolution reminds me of Honeybeemon and Butterflymon.

I love Digimon though so I'm totally cool with all of this

By the way guys, check out the names of the Aether professors -

Faba - fabulous?

Wicke - wicked? But her description says she is the most caring hence loved by all. Pretty sure all the employees love something else about her other than her personality (if you know what I mean).;)

Back
Top Bottom