• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I think that the games will be set 12 hours apart. For example if you play both at 9 AM, Sun will be at that time and Moon will be playing as it it was 9PM.
I was wondering about the time on that too, because wouldn't people just reset their clock by 12 hours and "fix" it? i was wondering if maybe the times were locked. 12 hours from each other would be night and day. i wonder if 12 hours is an expression or literal.

Am I the only one who thinks that Jangmo-o is going to be a Griffin? I mean its mouth sorta looks like a beak and I thought those scales were feathers.

Please let it be a Griffin.

So that was a lot. Type Null seems cool, probably has a lot of lore behind it. Gladion seems a lot like Silver which is cool. I'm sure there are more parallels considering he's almost definitely related to the Aether leader who probably is is involved with the Ultra Beasts in some shady way.
I just realized the Alchemy Symbol starts could be real after all.
Type:Null has a fin, a feline body, talons for the front feet, and a giant stone mask. Null is usually something devoid of energy, so perhaps Type Null is when the 4 types cancelled each other out?

I really like Type:Null too. I just wonder if he will evolve into some kind of mythical looking pokemon beast like a Griffin or something that looks pieced to together or mythological.
I look forward to learning more about him.

I really like Type:Null too. I just wonder if he will evolve into some kind of mythical looking pokemon beast like a Griffin or something that looks pieced to together or mythological.
I look forward to learning more about him.
It is a chimaera. I don't think it will evolve. It is a man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo isn't it? I think that is what I read, so that it can adapt to any situation.

I just wonder how we will obtain Type: Null. Gladion uses one, but I don't imagine that they're just walking around out there in large numbers.

It is a chimaera. I don't think it will evolve. It is a man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo isn't it? I think that is what I read, so that it can adapt to any situation.
Oh I guess you are right, but i love the idea of pieced together pokemon like the animals griffins or okapis.

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.
Pokémon

Another thing to observe from the reveal is Lusamine has a Z-crystal attached to her clothing. Dark greenish color.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.
that right there makes me wonder if there is another form. what if you take the head piece off?

Time for my opinions.

Jangmo-o looks like an interesting Pokémon, and I certainly hope its evolution is. Type: Null has an awful name, but I do think it looks awesome. I also would think it would be typed Steel based on its mechanical design. Alolan Raticate is ugly and I definitely don't want it. As for UB-01, the concept also seems interesting, and I hope we see more of these Ultra Beasts, but I would think from the name they would look more like... you know, beasts?

Anyway, as for the Aether Foundation, I'm glad we're getting an organization that actually focuses on protecting Pokémon, or in other words, they're on our side. The employees have nice outfits, and I think I could get accustomed to Faba's appearance. I'm also a fan of Wicke's design, but my favorite is most definitely Lusamine.

As for Gladion, he has a pretty cool look to him, but he does seem slightly like another evil, dark rival - even if he is in Team Skull; and on that note, to me, he doesn't fit with the rest of Team Skull. At all.

There. That's what I think.

that right there makes me wonder if there is another form. what if you take the head piece off?

This whole concept seriously just reminds me of this:
fef66d3a2d281653f6b1b6d87eb48ae9.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that Jangmo-o is going to be a Griffin? I mean its mouth sorta looks like a beak and I thought those scales were feathers.

Please let it be a Griffin.
I think Jangmo-o is more likely to be an Ankylosaurus than a gryphon. A gryphon would be cool though.

As for Gladion, he has a pretty cool look to him, but he does seem slightly like another evil, dark rival - even if he is in Team Skull; and on that note, to me, he doesn't fit with the rest of Team Skull. At all.

Gladion has to be related to Lillie and Lusamine. They have the same blonde hair and green eye combo. Maybe they're all UB's in disguise.

A lot of stuff for today and it was all pretty interesting~ I'll try to go in order of the trailer~

So Type: Null~ Name is both awkward and hella dope at the same time~ I can barely tell what it's supposed to be, but the design loos pretty cool~

Jangmo-o; they're really going all out with the interesting names this time~ It looks pretty cute~ Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being the Pseudo of Alola~

Alola Raticate is alright, but I was expecting something a bit more fierce like Alola Rattata~

The games being set 12 hours apart is AWESOME!! That's what I like to see; taking advantage of the theme and even having Totems depend on time is really cool~

The Aether Foundation is also something I look forward to learning more about in game~ Lusamine looks the best to me in terms of design~ And speaking of good designs, so does Gladion.

I like Sina and Dexio returning for the little Zygarde quest seeing as they barely had a real purpose in XY~ Good for them to have some continuity since I didn't find them very popular or memorable last gen~

Picture taking seems like it may be a fun little break from the usual game~

I have no real doubt that the mon from the Japanese trailer was Cutiefly's evolution~ Wish we could have seen more of it~ Design looked really pretty!! *w*

Finally Ultra Beasts sound REALLY COOL, OML~ UB-01 REALLY FASCINATES ME AND THE DESIGN IS GREAT TO ME~ SOME KINDA JELLYFISH MONSTER, LOL~

Overall, today was probably the most trippy news dump yet!~ And I really like the types of new mons and themes we've been seeing up until now~

That's certainly a possibility. Perhaps Gladion joined Skull to prevent whoever from finding out his true identity.

You know I've seen some people say that they (Lillie and Gladion) might be spying on people (Kukui and Team Skull) for the Aether Foundation, but I think it could be more interesting if they're all estranged from each other for some reason. Like they had a major disagreement over something.

I think Jangmo-o is more likely to be an Ankylosaurus than a gryphon. A gryphon would be cool though.

An Ankylosaurus would make the heart-shaped crest make sense. Weird that it isn't a fossil then, especially with the dinosaur fossils just last gen. Although I guess there has been a good bunch of Pokemon inspired by dinosaurs regardless of their fossil status.

Gladion's pose game is strong and I'm pleased by all the Jojo parodies.

Like Dizzard said, UB-01 does look like a Septentrion.

After seeing UB-01's entrance in the Japanese trailer, there was something else it reminded me of...and I made a quick edit.
e6rC73e.png

As long as Lillie doesn't go and make a contract, I think we're fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention I already love Sina and Dexio for some reason and so I'm very happy they've returned.
I'm the same way. They were like the only XY characters I actually liked and I thought that they were criminally underused in the story. So I'm so glad they're making a return. And we seem to meet up with them more than once. I also hope that the masked characters that are in no way whatsoever related to Sina and Dexio return as well.

Back
Top Bottom