• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I like Sina and Dexio returning for the little Zygarde quest seeing as they barely had a real purpose in XY~ Good for them to have some continuity since I didn't find them very popular or memorable last gen~
I didn't remember Sina and Dexio in the last generation since they weren't very memorable and it's easy to forget them, I had to look them up in order to remember them. It's nice that they make a return and have a bigger role then in X and Y.

Well that was certainly unexpected. Like many people, I thought that Type: Null meant that they were introducing a new type, which would have been kind of late in the pre-release schedule to introduce that concept in retrospect. While the name is fitting for a Pokemon created by scientists, I would have preferred something like Null instead just to avoid the confusion. It's design is pretty cool though. It does give off a chimera vibe and it's fitting for a Pokemon created in order to battle against Legendary Pokemon

Jangmo-o is rather cute. I'll have to see how it evolves later before deciding anything, but I like it's design. Alola Radicate is rather disappointing though. It makes sense that it would get heavier after eating a lot of food and it ties in nicely as to why Rattata were a problem for Alola in general, but it seemed a bit too lackluster for me. Maybe it's because it lost the cute little black mustache that Alola Rattata had in the first place. I wanted to see that mustache get more twirling upon evolving instead of being replaced by its regular whiskers.

What looks like Cutiefly's evolution is cute. I like Cutiefly, so hopefully we'll get more information on that Pokemon soon. I also like the Ultra Beast concept. Unlike with Type: Null, UB-01 kind of works more as a name because it's supposed to sound mysterious. These could be Pokemon so newly discovered that they don't even have names yet, so they're just given a more generic name with numbers to separate them, I loved the cutscene showing how UB-01 showed up in the Japanese trailer. It really does look mysterious and intense with everyone just looking at it in awe. Give UB-01's information, I wouldn't be surprised if it and Lillie are connected somehow.

I was not expecting Sina and Dexio to appear. If anyone from X/Y was going to appear to give you an item to find Zygarde Cells, I would have put money on it being Professor Sycamore. Still, it's a nice touch and we might get an indication of how long it's been since the events of X/Y. Sina and Dexio do look older to me, but I don't know if that's from the different graphics that Sun/Moon have. I was hoping that Zygarde would stay in a post-storyline area, but I guess it's not too surprising that isn't the case given when they revealed the Zygarde forms. Hopefully, the main focus won't be on the Zygarde hunt since I still don't want that to overshadow the new Pokemon/features. Fortunately, given what they haven shown of the games thus far, there's a pretty solid chance that won't happen, so that makes me happy.

I like the Pokefinder feature. Taking pictures of Pokemon in this beautiful scenery sounds like fun, even though I completely forgot that Rotom Pokedex was a thing here. Plus, it's the closest thing to a new Pokemon Snap game that fans have been wanting for ages, so that's neat. A twelve hour difference between the two games is pretty interesting. It does help to make the games more unique instead of just Pokemon being available in certain versions. Although, I do prefer to play through the games when it's day rather than at night since I like the daytime scenery more, so that might make it tricky for me to play through Moon. Either I'll have to get used to playing during night time or play Moon during the night to see it during the day.

I like the new characters revealed. Gladion being part of Team Skull does kind of work. He's more of a brooding edgelord rather than a gangster rapper based on his design, but I think it kind of works with his job as an enforcer. He could also be kind of like a more intense rival figure. The Aether Foundation is also pretty interesting. I'm positive that Lusamine is Lille's mother or possibly older sister. Their hair and faces look too similar to me. If they're related and Gladion is also related to them, that could create some interesting conflicts within the storyline. I wouldn't be surprised if the Aether Foundation doesn't turn out to be as good as they claim to be. There was a lot of news here and while it wasn't the stuff I was hoping to see, it was still pretty awesome.

I didn't remember Sina and Dexio in the last generation since they weren't very memorable and it's easy to forget them, I had to look them up in order to remember them. It's nice that they make a return and have a bigger role then in X and Y.
Yeah, they really could have done more with them. They dressed up as masked heroes, which was fun but didn't go anywhere, and that only happened a few times. They had such little roles that even the anime didn't bother to include them, and gave the whole "masked hero" concept to someone else entirely. But still, I enjoyed them enough and like that they're returning.

I wasn't happy or upset to see Sina and Dexio more than surprised.

I forgot they existed briefly, and I did not think they had a chance of returning, but here we are.

I don't think they'll be there for anything more than the Zygarde sidequest (which i predict is postgame).

idk, I think the Zygarde cell quest may be integrated into the story as a side quest that can only be completed later. Like, you can only gain so many cells before the main story is over, so you can't access Zygarde Complete at a point where it makes the game a cakewalk.

Oh come on Game Freak! Once again you have given us wonderful news and made it harder to decide what pokemon I am going to use for my team! I'm certain that Solgaleo and Lunala would remain the main focus of the story so I wouldn't worry about other things taking focus off them.

That Dragon looks cool. It seems to have a heart shape on it's head. Maybe becomes Dragon/Fairy? I wouldn't mind since Mega Altaria made it work. Zygarde Cube looks and sounds interesting. Ultra Beasts don't appear to be pokemon from what I have heard. Cutiefly might have an evolution due to a pokemon that looks similar to it. Glad to know what that artificial island is for. That rules out a battle facility over there unless there is one. Aether Foundation seems cool and I wonder if there is some kind of twist in the story with them or not.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.
that right there makes me wonder if there is another form. what if you take the head piece off?
Spiritomb's lore makes it sound like it should have another form, but two generations later and nothing. Hopefully GF's more ambitious, and it seems like they would be.

What I'm wondering about Type: Null is that its clearly supposed to be a chimera, but none of its parts really resemble existing Pokemon.

No evolutions of starters but there is always corocoro, news near the end of the month or next month for them. I am satisfied with the current new we got now.

I am not sure if anybody has said this yet, but Type: Null's neck seems to resemble Arceus's wheel slightly.
250px-Type_Null.png
250px-493Arceus.png

I could see the starters and Rockruff getting their own video that's dedicated specifically to them. Otherwise they'd be bunched in with the other stuff we got. lol

I am not sure if anybody has said this yet, but Type: Null's neck seems to resemble Arceus's wheel slightly.
250px-Type_Null.png
250px-493Arceus.png

There is a resemblance there, and the head/helmet structure itself really resembles Tapu Koko's.

tapukoko.png

The mythical Pokemon that its flavor text references are most likely the Island Guardians. Curious as to what kind of mission Type: Null was created for.

So much shown to us. So much.

Pokemon:
-Raticate is soooooooooooooo cute! :D Lookit dem chubby cheeks!
-Jangmo-o is also adorable! I can't wait to see how it evolves!
-Type: Null This poor thing... another pokemon created by humans for whatever weird reasons and then fitted because it was too powerful. ): And they gave it such an awful name... they call it 'Nothing'. I feel so bad for it. It needs hugs.
-Cutiefly Evo looks cute I hope we see it better soon.

Ultra Beasts:
This could go one of two ways: New mysterious creatures that are like pokemon but not. Or... Aether Foundaition made a booboo and their secrets decided to run away. Either way, the one we've seen so far is basically lillie in jellyfish form. The Japanese reveal was so much cooler. It gives an otherworldly feel. If the Foundation did make a booboo.. they made a big one.

Aether Foundation
I do not trust people who wear all white. They have a leader with an exaggerated personality and the equivalent of Admins and grunts. Y'all are a team. Whether or not you all are evil on purpose or not I suppose I'll see.

Gladion
Oh look, another blond with green eyes. I wonder if he's in some way related to the other two important characters who also happen to have blonde hair and green eyes. His posture in battle is also that edgy 'can't control my own power' type feeling of grabbing the limb you can't control. Maybe he's another Ultra Beast created by 'lovely' Lusamine. He's cute though.

Dexio and Sina
I forgot you guys existed. I didn't even realize you were important characters til everyone said "DEXIO AND SINA ARE BACK" so I had to look you up on the wiki.

Zygard Cell Hunt
So you just walk around and pick up shiny things wherever. I'm not sure what I thought we'd get instead but yay another pick up the glowing spot on the world map. Could have at least put a cell/core model there instead of just a green shimmer.

Pokemon Snap Minigame
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. JUST YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

): When do we get Stater evolution info guys.

I bet all the blonde people are A) related and B) Ultra Beasts.

Lusamine, Gladion, Lillie are UB-01 through 03, then there will be an as-of-yet unrevealed UB-04, maybe one of the three previously mentioned, perhaps something else. I could see UB-05 being Guzma.

It's the possible Cutiefly evolution that's caught my eye. I seriously hope its abilities and stats are good.

Back
Top Bottom