• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

My reactions
  • Type: Null: A CHIMERA!? WOAH! This things is cool, though the name is just so unusual for a Pokemon. Was it created to fight the UB's?
  • Jangmo-o: ITS SO CUTE! I actually really wanna catch this tiny Dragon type!
  • Alolan Raticate: Its...Kinda ugly actually....
  • Time: This is actually really interesting and it definitely gives more variation between the games.
  • The Aether Foundation: So THIS is whats on the 5th artificial island! I really like these people and their company, but they seem...too nice? I'm suspicious.
  • Gladion: THE TEAM SKULL EDGELORD! He seems pretty cool and the Japanese trailer had his theme, which is great. Is he related to Lusamine?
  • The Zygarde Cell Sidequest: I had a BIG feeling we'd be doing this and I'm kinda glad we're going to be running around looking for the cells. Also Dexio and Sina return, AND mention the events of X and Y! Nice continuity! Also ALOLAN EXEGGUTOR TSHIRT!!!
  • Poke Finder: I LOVE THIS! Its Pokemon Snap in Sun and Moon! I'm so excited to play around with this and I hope they developed it to its full potential.
  • UB-01: WHAT THE FUCK!? This is getting strange. This thing is apparently a threat and doesn't classify as a Pokemon!? What does this mean!?
It was definitely an exciting news drop!

I just wonder how we will obtain Type: Null. Gladion uses one, but I don't imagine that they're just walking around out there in large numbers.
Well I've been going along with the theory that the foundation has something to do with Null. Obviously Gladion has or had some ties to the Aether president so I'm sure he either turned on them and stole one or fled from them for some reason and took one on the way out. Depending on how the plot goes I'm sure we'll be able to snag one too. It's most likely like the Tapu's. There may be a handful of them or even just two. Gladion's and one for the player.

Brief thoughts:
*Alola Raticate is...well, it's Alola Raticate. That's all anyone can say.
*Jangmo-o: I'll wait and see what it's evos are. I'm guess it's the new psuedo, and it's yet another dragon.
*Twelve hour separation: Meh.
*Type = Null interests me. Is it a Legendary statwise? It'd be interesting if one of your recurring opponents had a legendary. Plus having a Chimera Pokémon is awesome.
*Aether--95% chance is evil. It'd be a plot twist if they aren't.
*Zygarde quest--nothing surprising. Had forgotten those two were in X and Y.
*Gladion--we'll see. I hope they aren't expecting me to take him seriously.
*Pokémon snap 2: Great news.
*Ultra Beasts--I'm hoping they aren't uncatchable enemy-only Pokémon.

Wow, I'm a bit late here, but I really like the scenery they have in these games... it does set a very natural mood here

Type Null is interesting. I like the name but not fond of the design just yet.

UB-01 is... really neat. I'm interested to see it more in the main story.

I totally dig AF's design. These speculations on them really make me curious.

Each dragon legendary (or all legendaries in general) are unique in their own right, and Zygarde might be the last unique 3rd dragon legendary of them all. It's my favorite legendary (well, pokemon altogether) since unlike other legendaries, it's an ACTUAL composite being made up of many cells and cores, and motivates the player to search all over the islands to search for the cells. I'd love to go on a quest to collect the cells and cores in Sun and Moon for the postgame that is... I'd love to see what else is more to Zygarde than just being the trio master of Xerneas and Yveltal, but I don't think it's necessary to make that quest a requirement when we're dealing with Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, Lillie, Z moves, how Solgaleo and Lunaala tie into this, though it was stated in a Famiitsu interview with Masuda and Ohmori in late June that Solgaleo and Lunala were designed after the Sun and Moon, and with the impression that they govern over nature.

And really, I don't think they would let the players breeze through the game quickly if they had a Zygarde with Power Construct. But I think it will tie in with the Z moves in a way, so I think this is just a start to how Zygarde works until it'll have a greater role in the postgame, since it basically protects the entire ecosystem, I would like to see a legendary that threatens the entire world that even Solgaleo and Lunaala wouldn't be able to solve. Yes, I would like to see a Zygarde vs Marshadow type of plot in the postgame

There are still things we don't know about how Zygarde works, such as how it gets Core Enforcer, how we can change it's ability, and how to change Land's Wrath into the Thousand moves. I feel like you need to collect all cells and cores in the region to change its ability and Land's wrath.But nevertheless, I'm sure that GF will handle it very well.

Honestly, I'd like to know who isn't expecting Aether to be evil/the REAL villains. Would be cool and not terribly out of place, especially since we've had organizations that pretend to act in Pokemon's interest but are actually evil (Plasma) and villainous teams that are just fronts for even greater villains (Snagem/Cipher) before.

Also, is anyone else getting FMA 5th laboratory vibes from Type: Null?

^ Well, there's also the fact that almost every villain organization since Gen 3 has a clear reference to the box legends to their name:

Team Magma? Groudon.
Team Aqua? Kyogre.
Team Galactic? Dialga/Palkia
Team Plasma? Reshiram/Zekrom. Plasma referring to the superheated state of matter.

Team Flare... is an outlier... admittedly. But "Aether" Foundation is a clear reference to the heavens ie celestial bodies, also fitting with the previously speculated alchemy theme Solgalea/Lunaala seem to be based upon.

In the Japanese trailer, Sina and Dexio's left wrist has a Mega Bracelet! Mega Evolutions return confirmed? :D

Raticate really has become a Faticate as one of the people above me said :D That is what I'm gonna nickname when I catch it.

The meme for Lusamine has already started, people are calling her the "Ultimate Waifu" :ROFLMAO::LOL:
hWbyh2G.jpg

I don't know if anyone has said this or noticed this, but it looks like Gladions' hand is sorts of stressed with Type:Null out in battle. Could they be going for something similar to the relationship between Blain and Mewtwo in Pokemon Adventures? Or maybe it's just a quirk of the character to be like Owain from Fire Emblem: Awakening. I mean, the Pokemon world has been shown to have Nintendo products, I wonder what these guys play on their 3DS, (however you spell that to be plural.)

It's a pretty cool idea though, embracing the idea of synthetic Pokemon with the idea of a Pokemera.

I really love The Aether Foundation, probably my favorite designed characters to date. I see some of these guys have Z crystals on them though, or something like on, just by looking at Lusamine.

Speaking of Lusamine, like others have said, it seems like Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion might(might as in will, proabably) be related to each other.

I wonder if these Ultra Beasts will be "proper" RPG bosses, if they are not Pokemon, and if they are intended to be battled. Though what am I even saying, it's Pokemon, that's what we do.
UB-01 looks very peculiar.

I don't know if anyone has said this or noticed this, but it looks like Gladions' hand is sorts of stressed with Type:Null out in battle. Could they be going for something similar to the relationship between Blain and Mewtwo in Pokemon Adventures? Or maybe it's just a quirk of the character to be like Owain from Fire Emblem: Awakening. I mean, the Pokemon world has been shown to have Nintendo products, I wonder what these guys play on their 3DS, (however you spell that to be plural.)
I'm pretty sure he just has a massive case of the chuunibyou syndrome.

I bet all the blonde people are A) related and B) Ultra Beasts.

Lusamine, Gladion, Lillie are UB-01 through 03, then there will be an as-of-yet unrevealed UB-04, maybe one of the three previously mentioned, perhaps something else. I could see UB-05 being Guzma.

I feel like A is more likely. I mean she could be faking it but Lusamine seemed as surprised as everyone else when a portal opened and UB-01 came through.

Ain't no way that broad's normal. Them eyes are freaky.

Just cuz she's surprised that UB-01 came out of a portal doesn't mean she's not aware of the situation. Could have been less "OMG WHAT'S THAT" and more "OMG HOW DID *THAT* GET *HERE*??"

Honestly, I'd like to know who isn't expecting Aether to be evil/the REAL villains.

I'm not. I think it'll be more complex than that. I think they probably do have noble intentions, but maybe their methods are detrimental to the region somehow. And maybe that's unintentional, or maybe it isn't. But I don't expect them to be full-on bait-and-switch villains.

Honestly, I'd like to know who isn't expecting Aether to be evil/the REAL villains. Would be cool and not terribly out of place, especially since we've had organizations that pretend to act in Pokemon's interest but are actually evil (Plasma) and villainous teams that are just fronts for even greater villains (Snagem/Cipher) before.
I'm expecting it but honestly hope they really are good guys. Maybe they're doing something in the morally gray area but I'd like them to be good guys. I mean, the only organization thus far that I know of that strives to do good are the Pokemon Rangers... Would be nice to see more good guys form Teams, and not just the villains.

Team Skull doesn't really look like a catastrophe causing team. They are more like local gangsters who just wanna be hip! Aether Foundation on the other hand, is really fishy. If they were really all that goody-goody why would Lusamine have a Z crystal on her? That means she is a battler! She has a secret move and a motive. That Z crystal itself proves that sooner or later the player character will have to battle her. And she doesn't look the type to engage in friendly battles.

Team Skull doesn't really look like a catastrophe causing team. They are more like local gangsters who just wanna be hip! Aether Foundation on the other hand, is really fishy. If they were really all that goody-goody why would Lusamine have a Z crystal on her? That means she is a battler! She has a secret move and a motive. That Z crystal itself proves that sooner or later the player character will have to battle her. And she doesn't look the type to engage in friendly battles.
Why can't she be both a battler and a good guy? I mean, the protagonist is. Even (most) our rivals are battled on friendly terms.

I think there's a chance they might pull a "Lusamine isn't evil, but her second in command (Faba) is up to no good."

That said I can't really see Faba as the big bad.

Maybe the "big bad" is going to actually be an Ultra Beast?

Oh my gosh I can't handle all the new information. My mind is seriously blown.

First, the Pokémon. Jangmo-o is going into my team, no doubt about that. Type: Null looks pretty weird, I'm really interested in learning more about it. Alolan Raticate is hilarious.

The Aether Foundation seems really fishy. I like the character designs though, especially Lusamine. I'm not gonna lie she's pretty hot.

Gladion is so edgy, my favorite of all the new characters so far. And he's pretty hot too.

The whole "Ultra Beasts" thing is really weird. I never thought that the Pokémon series would introduce another species of monsters that aren't Pokémon. I have no idea on what effect this could possibly have on the plot, which makes it even more exciting.

Overall, I loved this trailer. I would be fine if we got no more information for the rest of the month, this was enough to keep my hype levels up until the games are released. Holy cow.

Why can't she be both a battler and a good guy? I mean, the protagonist is. Even (most) our rivals are battled on friendly terms.
Okay, so maybe she's like all the Champions like Steven etc, who have mega stone and fight for good.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that all of the members of the Aether Foundation (plus Gladion and Lillie) all have green eyes... I know it's been said that the blondes are all probably related but what if Faba and Wicke are related to them too?
If they're all part of the same organization, it makes sense that they have a thematic appearance like all evil teams. It could just hint that Gladion and Lillie are related to Aether.

Back
Top Bottom