• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Lusamine is the eldest, Lillie is the middle, and Gladion is the youngest son.

I think this is one of the most widely speculated relationship of the three. They got the same eye color, the same hair color, and the style of their bangs are similar.

So far, I've only looked at the designs, and gameplay elements in text, but not the videos. I don't mind looking at the Pokemon and decent ingame features, but I didn't want to hear much about the characters or anything else that could end up being plot spoilers...

Sadly, I feel like they went way too far when they showed the Ultrabeast design - it made the connections to the plot just too obvious, while having everyone gossip about it. I hope that this is the last major plot spoiler they show. :(

What if Lillie's parents were the founders of the Aether Foundation, but the died under mysterious circumstances or turned into Ultra Beasts and Lusamine had to step in at a young age? She thus learned to be this serious and no-nonsense type of leader.

What if Lillie's parents were the founders of the Aether Foundation, but the died under mysterious circumstances or turned into Ultra Beasts and Lusamine had to step in at a young age? She thus learned to be this serious and no-nonsense type of leader.
Yeah, maybe that fat alolan Raticate ate her parents.:p

Hi, is there anybody else that dislikes Z Moves and Ultra Beasts, but loves everything elese? That's me.

To explain this a bit more though, there is also an other thing that bugs me about the game: I think GF are "trying too hard".

Too much game content is always a plus, never a flaw. But most of the news GF has shown to us sofar, are not "game content", but game mechaics and new characters. And unlike "gameplay content", which is always a positive, I do think "too many new characters", and "too many new game mechanics" can be detrimental to a game, and I think SM coul have this issue.

Actually, "content wise" the game doesn't really have enough content sofar. All the new things discovered sofar, I love, especially Riding, Poke Finder and Rotom Dex and Battle Royal if they include it in game as well. But this is nowhere nearly enough content sofar, and no word of a side activity like PokeStar/Musicals, etc for now.

On the other hand, there are too many mechanics and forms, etc: Z Crystals, Megas, Alola Forms, Hyper Training, QR Codes, etc

And plot wise, I think there are so many characters, that it can be a headache to remember everything and follow the story properly. We have Team Skul, Guzma, the admin girl, Gideon, Type Null, 2 friends, Kahunas, Trial Captains, Aether Foundation, Tapu GuardianS, Box Legendaries, and... Ultra Beasts. Oh, and a Zygarde side Plot, and Sina and Dexio.

I honestly think all this plot material should have been split between 2 games, maybe both set in Alola:

1. One, with a comfy, chill Hawaiian setting, with the Lowkey Team Skull as the Villains, and a generally more simple and oldshool setting.

2. And then in the next game, maybe a sequel like BW2, Alola is attacked by Alien Ultra Beasts and the Foundation is there to stop them.

I think the game might lose a central focus with so many new mechanics and plot elements, tbh

Okay, I know I'm late in replying to all this, but yesterday I was in terrible shape from lack of sleep and heat exhaustion, so I wasn't very functional. Didn't stop me from faving comments, but it took me all day to fully process everything. Now, with that out of the way, let's move on to the main event.

First off, Type: Null. I'm glad I'm not the only one who did a double-take when I saw it's name, thinking it may be a new type. So, our first real chimera Pokemon. I must admit it's very interesting. Though I feel sorry for the poor guy, not only being constructed of multiple bits of other Pokemon to better adapt to a wider range of situation, but having to wear that bulky helmet to restrain it as well. I wonder what it's backstory is? And, as others have probably said, I doubt "Type: Null" is its real name, but more of a codename, since they probably don't know what it really is. Maybe it's real name will be revealed at some point over the games? Who knows. Anyway, GF certainly pulled something completely unexpected out of their hats this time around.

Jangmo-o is such a cute dragon. I can see it being the pseudo of this gen. He will most definitely end up on my team. I wonder what he'll evolve in to? Some are suggesting a Dragon/Fighting combo, which would be quite the powerful form (though a single Fairy attack such as Drain Kiss could easily clobber it). However, it has some good abilities: Bulletproof and Soundproof. Bulletproof keeps a lot of common and/or annoying moves like Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, and others out of the way, while Soundproof can protect it from wide-range moves like Hyper Voice (especially if said move is coming from something like M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, and HA Sylveon), which would be very useful, especially in Double Battles. Plus he's so cute yet has a valiant nature. I love it.

Alolan Raticate is... well... something that I wasn't expecting. Not saying I didn't know that we'd get A-Raticate (A-Ratatta and its bio clearly stated that), but I must admit I did a double-take on its design. Someone had a few too many donuts. *chuckles* I wonder if this means that, due to its bio, it has much higher Defense than it's normal counterpart, but probably lower Speed (fatter usually means slower... usually). And it looks like it'll be our Totem Pokemon in Moon. Hmm... interesting. I'll withhold most judgement on it until I see it in action more.

Hmm... possible Cutiefly evo? I like the direction it's going. That's definitely a mid-stage form for it, as I can see it going one step further. Maybe it'll evolve into that humming bird moth everyone has been talking about. Would work well for it.

I must admit the time difference between Sun and Moon is quite a surprise. Sun will be playing at normal time while Moon has a 12 hour difference. That's quite a shift from the usual version exclusive differences, and I must admit it's a step in the right direction. While I don't think something as extreme would be necessary in later games, I do like the fact that they're taking the version exclusive stuff much more seriously than in the past. Though I may have to tamper with my 3DS clock a bit, as Moon is going to be my primary version, and I'm not exactly one to play at night. Though I have to admit that the different times of day are absolutely beautiful. Stuff like rainbows, shooting stars, and so much more do make this region feel a lot more alive, and I love it.

So, Aether Foundation, huh? As others have said, they seem a bit too perfect. While I harbor some doubts that they'll be the real villains of the games, I do have suspicions that they may overstep several boundaries in order to further their goals. That may not make them necessary "bad", but it could provide some conflict with the natives and their way of life. But at least we now know what that artificial island is (sorry folks, not a BF or anything like that). That Lusamine does give off overbearing and overzealous vibes, so I wouldn't be surprised if she would go too far to achieve her "mission".

I must admit I like Gladion. He gives off good rival vibes, even though he's Team Skulls Enforcer. Maybe he's our "true" rival (meaning having the Starter strong to ours), having stolen it from the lab a la Silver. He also uses Type: Null as one of his Pokemon, but in his VS screen, he was shown to have two Pokemon. So maybe that other one is a stolen Starter. And, as others have said, he does have a very uncanny resemblance to Lillie and Lusamine. Family member gone astray, perhaps? Or is there more to him. Hmm... curious.

And last, but not least, Ultra Beasts. This was certainly unexpected. Creatures from possibly other worlds or even other universes that are probably not Pokemon? That came out of left field. I wonder what they are and what their purpose is? And how will they impact the game? Will they act like bosses in traditional RPGs, or are they not really threats or invaders but something else entirely? Gotta give GF props, they've become rather unpredictable as of late. I look forward to seeing what else they pull out of their hats.

Overall, quite the update. I was hopping for mid-stage Starters, but maybe Corocoro will cover that (along with Rockruff, as the promised). It took a lot to digest all this, but I must admit GF is really pulling all the stops here.

What if UB-01 is an angel? Angels could descend from the ethereal into our world through a portal.

And Type: Null is consisted of the starters and Rockruff? The blue fin is Popplio, the bird-like claws is Rowlet, the canine body is Rockruff and the cat-like head is Litten.

What if UB-01 is an angel? Angels could descend from the ethereal into our world through a portal.

And Type: Null is consisted of the starters and Rockruff? The blue fin is Popplio, the bird-like claws is Rowlet, the canine body is Rockruff and the cat-like head is Litten.
You took the words right out of my mouth. The goal of Alchemist is to create a philosopher stone and harness the power of Azoth AKA the Power of God. ( Arceus). You create a philosopher stone with four elements Salt ( Rowlet), Sulfur ( Litten), and Mecury ( Popplio) all around a base that being Lead ( Rockruff)

Oh its said the movements of the ultra beasts resemble a girl. Null is a chimera, theme of the game is alchemy and null is synthetic...

What if ultra beasts were humans at one time? Or passed on pokemon?
May sound a little out there, but fanasty alchemic stories have stuff like that.

So... If null is from starters and rockruff, it would mean those leaks that were assumed to be real aren't...that had mallow in them.

So... If null is from starters and rockruff, it would mean those leaks that were assumed to be real aren't...that had mallow in them.
Oh they are. The alchemy thing was just something I came up with after seeing a video on it

Huh, just saw that Hala has a Crabrawler at level 15. So the island level curve is not even as steep as I wondered, which means that more or less:
MeleMele level 5-15 range
Akala level 15-30 range
UlaUla/Poni level 30-50 range?

Considering how the size of each island slightly gets bigger, I can see how they can facilitate higher levels the further out you get. Just makes me wonder though if they did reach the mid 60s by the end,which should be the minimum level range imo for the end game. We'll see.

Wait. What? Null from starters and rockruff? Did I miss something? And what's it got to do with the leaks of starter evo finals (with Mallow)? I'm confused.

I just realized, what if the hotels around the region are the battle facilities? Or some other sort of sidequest? The recent trailer had some sort of sign above the MeleMele tower, and the big flashy lobby we saw Faba in reminds me of the golf course hotel. What intrigues me is that we see there another guy with a Meganium shirt, suggesting the npc sells something of importance like the one next to the bottle cap guy in that screenshot. So I'm thinking perhaps that interior is the lobby of the MeleMele Tower, which means the hotels should have some relation to battles. Onpy thing is that there are 3 of them, maybe 4 if there is one on the Ice Mountain Island. So yeah, basically piecing together bits of footage and screenshots, I think the post league battle facilities will be there, or the games will have a meaty sidequest besides the trials.

Another thing I noticed is the magicarp sub in that area were Chicken Chan runs upnto a seaside cliff with the rainbow and time ofndah changes. Those many boats on the final island intrigued me, and I wonder if those are parts of how we travel between islands and belong to major characters part of the plot.

Last edited:
Ultra Beast were the biggest surprise for me. I am interested to know more about them and how many more there are in Sun and Moon. Game Freak is seriously hyping me up for these games with all these great information we are receiving.

I hope that new Dragon evolves into a pseudo (just a personal wish of mine). Judging by the description and name of it, I could see it as a Dragon/Fighting. Yes, it has a 4x weakness but there are other Dragons and non-Dragons that have 4x weaknesses. Plus there are ways to combat the pokemon's weaknesses.

Type: Null intrigues me. It seems to have parts of other pokemon. I wonder if there is some kind of item(s) that would give a type depending on the item or something?

Would be super cool if we work wirth the main villain like the real boss as we didnt know
just like Alain did in the show

Like we work with the woman or man that is the mastermind who tell us to help the person who wanted to stop team skull but that was the mastermind and we fall from his/her lies as we felt betrayed

Alain role will be super cooll for us to do

Wait. What? Null from starters and rockruff? Did I miss something? And what's it got to do with the leaks of starter evo finals (with Mallow)? I'm confused.
It's about how it's tail resembles a fin (Water-type Popplio), its body looks canine (Rockruff), its front paws resemble talons (Flying-type Rowlet), and its head looks feline (Litten). Not sure how it disproves the leaks, though.

It's about how it's tail resembles a fin (Water-type Popplio), its body looks canine (Rockruff), its front paws resemble talons (Flying-type Rowlet), and its head looks feline (Litten). Not sure how it disproves the leaks, though.
Probably because these parts aren't visible on the Chinese leak art. So the art is either fake or there's split forms of the starters.

Back
Top Bottom