• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Another thing I've seen pointed out is the Chinese-style town in the Japanese trailer has a sign with a hammer on it, like a carpenter. People have also noticed some interesting empty lots dotted around the islands in the map, possibly hinting at some sort of expansion on the villa you could own in D/P?

Another thing I've seen pointed out is the Chinese-style town in the Japanese trailer has a sign with a hammer on it, like a carpenter. People have also noticed some interesting empty lots dotted around the islands in the map, possibly hinting at some sort of expansion on the villa you could own in D/P?

Way athread of ya'. ;)

New trailer just came out. Nothing new revealed, but we get some characters it looks like and possibly new locations.

we see Professor Oak(?) (or a relative)

"オーキッド Ōkiddo"

There's that... But yeah, it has to be a relative of Oak's, different eyebrow style and I don't think someone can get that tanned.

Looks like it's actually him, which is pretty neat since this is the first time a professor has come back for an appearance. If it's not then no idea who it could be (every detail matches); perhaps an Ultra Beast in disguise?

If it is Prof. Oak then perhaps he might explain to us why only Kanto Pokémon have Alola forms? ^^ Obviously there is a lot of Kanto homage in SM so it actually being Prof. Oak seems really likely.

Last edited:
Hm... Apparently the text implies that he's in the Alola region studying the new Alola forms?

It'd be nice if someone could clear that up, but you might be right @Life I also like the idea of him giving us Charizard.

Ultra Beast were the biggest surprise for me. I am interested to know more about them and how many more there are in Sun and Moon. Game Freak is seriously hyping me up for these games with all these great information we are receiving.

I hope that new Dragon evolves into a pseudo (just a personal wish of mine). Judging by the description and name of it, I could see it as a Dragon/Fighting. Yes, it has a 4x weakness but there are other Dragons and non-Dragons that have 4x weaknesses. Plus there are ways to combat the pokemon's weaknesses.

Type: Null intrigues me. It seems to have parts of other pokemon. I wonder if there is some kind of item(s) that would give a type depending on the item or something?

People are speculating around four to five Ultra Beasts. I think those alone caught just about EVERYONE off guard. They peak my interest for sure, just as Type: Null does.

Lusamine in this latest clip actually looks somewhat surprised that UB-01 came through a portal, but also excited based on her expression. Did anyone else notice that?

It'd be nice if someone could clear that up, but you might be right @Life I also like the idea of him giving us Charizard.

You know, I actually took that part out of my post as I was remembering that the Poké Ride system is based on Pokémon lending their power instead of needing to be caught. '^^ However, knowing GF I wouldn't put it past them to have Oak give us Kanto starters regardless.

Looks like it's actually him, which is pretty neat since this is the first time a professor has come back for an appearance.

Oak's appeared in other games before, like the Johto and Sinnoh games (in case anyone didn't remember him, he told you about the Pal Park and the roaming Kanto legendary birds)

Pretty cool trailer, looks like we got some blink-and-you'll-miss-it new footage, even if it didn't show anything new, I'm always excited to see some new gameplay.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's Professor Oak. A relative is possible, but I don't think a person could get that much of a tan without being in pain. Considering that the Alola forms we've seen thus far are Kanto Pokemon, it would make sense that he'd want to come to Alola to study them. Plus, he did appear in the second and fourth generation games, so it wouldn't be entirely out of nowhere. It would be nice to see that the other Professors exist outside of their home regions. Given his popularity, I figured that Professor Sycamore would show up if they were going to bring any previous Professors into the games.

I don't think that is professor Oak. I think it is just guy with the same name that's all.

Back
Top Bottom