• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The Z-Form discussion is...tricky as we have no real parameter for what it will entail and how it would activate. With the inclusion of the Z-Crystals (of course this is assuming they'd use the Z-Crystals) it would be inherently similar to mega evolution in that revolves around the use of a held item. However, OR/AS gave us Mega Rayquaza, a mega without a mega stone/held item. Maybe it's me over thinking on this, but Mega Rayquaza could have been a test for form changes with large stat increases that is not based around a held item, but instead on moves a Pokemon would know, and how that could be integrated into play without it being "broken" or exploitable.

A Z-Transformation revolving around the Z-Crystal would not be any different to mega evolution in anything but lore. But what about a transformation around whether the Pokemon knows a Z-Move. Though that does raise the issue of a Z-Form & a Z-Move all in one Pokemon...a very high risk/high reward strategy that could end up being somewhat broken dependent upon the Pokemon they're given to. Perhaps the Z-Transformation would prevent the usage of the Z-Move? Maybe you can only use the energy of your Z-Crystals in one of two ways in a battle, a bit like how you can only activate one mega stone per battle.

Although this is all speculation...but back to Z-Moves for a second: In Gen VI games, whenever you activate a mega evolution, the first time you do so each time you load your game, your player will tap the crystal on their armlet and the full animation will play. Each time after until you quit the game, only the transformation will be shown. I wonder if the same will apply to Z-Moves, in that you won't have to sit through the full posing for the Z-Moves after the first use, it'll go straight to your Pokemon using the move? I'm a little doubtful of it, as the pose does seem to be important to the whole procedure.

Man, this thread's getting lonely, lol.

Still, to put my two cents on the whole thing, I wouldn't be surprised either way if the Z-Crystals superseded Mega Stones and the Key Stone in general, though I don't know if that's going to happen or not (basically I'd have proposed that Z-Crystal alternatives to the Mega Stones of old would be used). I don't have much of an opinion or idea of how they'd go about it outside of that. The cut-off poses could be little more than a red herring that simply serves as a reference to the anime, but I will agree that for now, it looks like they're trying to hide something in relation to it.

Ok, this is how I'm speculating it. If Z forms exist, then there are 3 tiers of Z-move. Tier 1, generic Z-moves. Tier 2, exclusive Z-moves. Tier 3, exclusive Z-moves that will activate Z-form when used. Since we know exclusive Z-moves required specific moves to be known, the cons of Z-form would be that you are sacrificing one item slot for the Z-crystal, and you are also sacrificing a move slot for that specific base move, also you have to time the move right to activate the form so the move would not be wasted on an unintendedicated target. The pros for Z-form would be that in addition to having cool look and stat boost (might be, might be not), you hit the field with a nuke and if time right, can turn the battle to your advantage.

The pros for Z-form would be that in addition to having cool look and stat boost (might be, might be not), you hit the field with a nuke and if time right, can turn the battle to your advantage.

Just throwing an idea out there, but what if, instead of a Mega Evolution-like stat boost, using a Z-Form guarantees that you inflict a status condition (provided that the opponent doesn't faint)? That could be a way to set it apart and offer a different kind of incentive.

I haven't seen many people talking about this, although I guess there's not much to say...

but look at this latest Japanese trailer at 11 seconds in:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

I just find it interesting and unusual. It looks like the entrance to some kind of desert temple.....plus it has a logo on it that looks like a sun and a moon.

and what's up with that strange orange and blue line pattern?

I haven't seen many people talking about this, although I guess there's not much to say...

but look at this latest Japanese trailer at 11 seconds in:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

I just find it interesting and unusual. It looks like the entrance to some kind of desert temple.....plus it has a logo on it that looks like a sun and a moon.

and what's up with that strange orange and blue line pattern?

I find it really interesting, too. I feel like it is at the very top of the mountain on the biggest island. I watched a few videos on youtube talking about this trailer and somebody speculated that it could possibly be the Moondial that was mentioned in X and Y, as a counterpart to the Sundial in Anistar City.

it could possibly be the Moondial that was mentioned in X and Y, as a counterpart to the Sundial in Anistar City.

Could be, although it would be a profoundly ineffective moondial given that it's built into the side of a wall and appears to lack any shadow-casting protrusion.

Could be, although it would be a profoundly ineffective moondial given that it's built into the side of a wall and appears to lack any shadow-casting protrusion.
That's true. Since it's probably not that, I really wonder what it is and what significance it holds in the game. It seems very interesting.

The device from that trailer could be for the Ice-type Trial. Or it could be something very sacred since you need permission to climb Frost Mountain.

I would see the 14th news the next day since I told myself to not stay up to 1:00 am again. I have plenty of patience and the news might be small so staying up might not be worth it but I don't know. Another Ultra Beast reveal would be pretty awesome. I am very interested in the concept since it got revealed.

I would personally love if we discover the other Ultra Beasts for ourselves. People keep thinking that we're due for another Tapu, but none yet so far. Now the Ultra Beasts will follow the same line of thinking.

Perhaps the Aether Foundation has given all the Ultra Beasts numbers? So, since there is a UB-01, there must be a UB-02 etc.

I've a theory regarding how many UB may we have, and how they'll look. (Though it's mostly speculation).

According to me, there will be 7 UBs, one for each gen. And I'd like each UB to take appearance of a prominent character from each generation. (Such as Red/Ash, Cynthia etc.)

Also, I'd like UB-007 to be a James Bond Reference (XD)
What if there are 07 Ultra Beasts like a rainbow? :O

One more reason for the 7 UBs theory...

I'd like UB-007, James Bond to be the orange one, please....

Okay... I thought that the first one was UB-001, instead of -01, but we can keep on hoping, since we've got the 'Trump' Pokemon.

I'd like the UBs to be based on the following.
UB-07 Looker and James Bond Hybrid, Orange Colour Scheme
UB-04 Cynthia, Indigo colour scheme
UB-02 Red, Red colour scheme [This is gonna be my fave]

Back
Top Bottom