• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The device from that trailer could be for the Ice-type Trial. Or it could be something very sacred since you need permission to climb Frost Mountain.

Ninetales is said to reside on a "holy mountain" too, so there's probably more going on on that mountain than meets the eye. Looks like Ice-types are going to be right at the very end of the game again.

Perhaps the Aether Foundation has given all the Ultra Beasts numbers? So, since there is a UB-01, there must be a UB-02 etc.

The official site says "According to rumor, multiple Ultra Beasts exist, each of them called by a code name." so I think it's pretty inevitable there will be more and they'll have code names.

Now I hope Looker ends up being a Ultra Beast. That would be a crazy twist for his ongoing story.

Does anybody know if there is a certain time of day CoroCoro usually leaks?

I don't think that there's a specific time when the leaks come out. It kind of varies. In my experience, the leaks normally happen during the nights. The only CoroCoro leaks in recent memory that came out around the afternoon was when Rockruff and Komala were first revealed. I should probably mentioned that I'm in the Pacific Time Zone area, so that would affect when I normally see leaks coming out.

I don't think that there's a specific time when the leaks come out. It kind of varies. In my experience, the leaks normally happen during the nights. The only CoroCoro leaks in recent memory that came out around the afternoon was when Rockruff and Komala were first revealed. I should probably mentioned that I'm in the Pacific Time Zone area, so that would affect when I normally see leaks coming out.

I think the issue that revealed mega evolution leaked at some random time during the night (for me here in Sydney) as well. I know I saw Bewear and Mimikyu just before going to sleep, and I saw the six original Megas as soon as I woke up.

Having said that, it's a quarter to eight here. I'd like to see the leaks soon, but I figure it'll be around 2 for me when they show up (lunchtime in Japan).

I love the Hawaiian inspired music in the latest trailer. Sheesh, these games are shaping up to be my new favorites right up there with Gold/Silver and Platinum.

I'm wondering if that's actually going to be in the game though.

It sounds more like some kind of promotional music...

I think it would make for awesome music for the clip that plays when you load up the game though.

Nah it's mostly random. In my timezone: June it leaked around 3am, July it leaked around 3pm and August it leaked around 7am.

It is 12:01 Monday for me so I expect the leaks around Thursday at the latest.

We can expect the CoroCoro leaks between today and Tuesday I think, so let's just play the waiting game while the info comes out

Yeah, I doubt that the CoroCoro leaks will happen on Wednesday as well due to the news coming on the same day, what we do know is that whatever is on CoroCoro is going to surprise us so much it'll leave our jaws open, hopefully

While we're waiting, can someone explain to me what exactly CoroCoro is? And are leaks legal? Like, GameFreak doesn't get upset, do they? Do they approve of the leaks first? How does CoroCoro even have access to this information?

While we're waiting, can someone explain to me what exactly CoroCoro is? And are leaks legal? Like, GameFreak doesn't get upset, do they? Do they approve of the leaks first? How does CoroCoro even have access to this information?

CoroCoro is magazine that's technically aimed at kids in Japan. They cover a wide variety things including games, comics, and I think toys too. No, the leaks are not legal. What happens is typically it's people that work at stores that take a copy early when they get the shipments and take pics. I'd doubt GF WANTS the leaks to happen as they'd rather have control of when the info comes out, but it's going to happen either way. It's a hard thing to really crack down on. It is what it is though. Plus we get the info early!! Also CoroCoro probably has a contract with the Pokemon Company. That's why they have access to some of the info.

Except the issue that comes out in August (the September issue, issues are named after the following month, we're waiting for the October issue now), which comes out on the 12th of August.

Back
Top Bottom