• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Maybe the "14th" was actually a typo and they meant "20th" the whole time but it was too late to go back and fix the announcement so they quickly gathered up something redundant for the 14th so they could release the actual info on the 20th ;P I am of course kidding but I'd rather believe this than what they actually did

I mean, the six screenshots have a little to look at, I guess. We get to see models of both UB-02s, and it looks like they're coming out of a wormhole-esque portal in the sky. It's not much, it's barely anything, but it does make me wonder more what the Ultra Beasts are all about. I mean, we saw UB-01 come through a portal, but this is quite different.
We also see what appears to be combat between the UB-02 and Tapu Koko.

Tune in for the thrilling announcement of the announcement of our next thrilling announcement!

Inb4 they literally do this until the week before the games come out and the last announcement is "the games will come out this week" :p

No trailer? What the heck man! Was so excited about it, just plain jane images of the UBs! As if CoroCoro didn't have them :(

Ah well. I can't be too mad, since it's finally raining outside, for me anyway. :D

And we got a better idea of how the UB-02s will look in-game, which is something I was honestly curious about given how drastically different the artstyle of their stock images is.

Does the Japanese site describe them at all?

Ah well. I can't be too mad, since it's finally raining outside, for me anyway. :D

And we got a better idea of how the UB-02s will look in-game, which is something I was honestly curious about given how drastically different the artstyle of their stock images is.

Does the Japanese site describe them at all?

Apparently Beauty can run faster than lightning and Expansion's proboscis is harder than diamonds. And its biceps too

And more news on the 20th? Ugh, that is the worst day for news for me, it's the day before my English final. I'm going to need to study for hours that day.

Unless, of course, they pull the same move then and only reveal new images of the Lugarugans. Which wouldn't be any better, since it'd imply that the same thing could happen even more times in the future, plus the fact that I also have another final two weeks from now. Hm.

CsUVQB6UMAApeDf.jpg

Nintendo Hong Kong misnamed UB02 Expansion as Absorption.
But seeing that Absorption is spelled correctly, this may hint that Absorption is the name of another UB.

CsUVQB6UMAApeDf.jpg

Nintendo Hong Kong misnamed UB02 Expansion as Absorption.
But seeing that Absorption is spelled correctly, this may hint that Absorption is the name of another UB.

Bulbanews said that it was the translated name though. Which certainly would make it a lot less of an innuendo in English-speaking regions.

I wish those UBs can be caught! I'd like to have a bloody roided mosquito in my team.

But the thing, if in those images they are seen fighting Tapu Koko, that mean UBs will also have Base Stats right? HP, atk and all that?

If that's the case they should make them catchable!

Bulbanews said that it was the translated name though. Which certainly would make it a lot less of an innuendo in English-speaking regions.
I'm not buying that theory.
UB02 doesn't suggest anything to do with Absorption, plus the Japanese name is Expansion.

I'm not buying that theory.
UB02 doesn't suggest anything to do with Absorption, plus the Japanese name is Expansion.

Actually, if you go by the mosquito theory, mosquitoes absorb blood and expand.

But tbh I don't really know how much Bulbanews fact-checks their stuff. I just assumed they'd hold off on posting info if they aren't sure.

The Chinese version has never changed anything from the Japanese version.
There's no way the Chinese version's having a name that other countries don't!

I really don't buy Bulbanew's theory this time.

Absorption has to be the name of another UB!

With all the big reveals that we received recently, I can't complain with today's update. I'm actually glad they're slowing down, else we might run out of news for October and November and worst yet, things to explore in the games.

Also, this type of update hardly go noticeable when you're busy with your real life unless Pokémon is life. Lol

I wish those UBs can be caught! I'd like to have a bloody roided mosquito in my team.

But the thing, if in those images they are seen fighting Tapu Koko, that mean UBs will also have Base Stats right? HP, atk and all that?

If that's the case they should make them catchable!
Not really. It could just be a overhead battle scene like you see in DBZ.

Why would a official company like Nintendo Hong Kong lie about a name? It doesn't make sense, it literally states in the website that it's also going to be called UB-02: Absorption. It's just an alternative name, not a new UB.

Back
Top Bottom