• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

With all the big reveals that we received recently, I can't complain with today's update. I'm actually glad they're slowing down, else we might run out of news for October and November and worst yet, things to explore in the games.

Also, this type of update hardly go noticeable when you're busy with your real life unless Pokémon is life. Lol
Pokemon is life! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Goomy is life, Goomy is love! DOFHarambe! :mad: Okay I'll stop.

Yeah we all are busy, but sometimes we keep certain timings free expecting news. So it's just a bummer we didn't get much this time. Oh well, 20th it is then!

The Chinese version has never changed anything from the Japanese version.
There's no way the Chinese version's having a name that other countries don't!

I really don't buy Bulbanew's theory this time.

Absorption has to be the name of another UB!

Bulbanews said that it was stated to be the English name, not the Chinese one. No idea why the Hong Kong site would report on that, though.

I guess slowing down a bit can be nice, i guess. Trying not to be too salty about this, even though I rarely get super salty.

Still can't help being disappointed. They said "site update" and they did update, and nothing more than that. At least we get to see the Ultra Beasts picking a fight with Tapu Koko.

Why would a official company like Nintendo Hong Kong lie about a name? It doesn't make sense, it literally states in the website that it's also going to be called UB-02: Absorption. It's just an alternative name, not a new UB.
It's not about lying.
It's about a mistake.
Staffs get confused sometimes.
Remember how Korean official Pokemon site leaked Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino because they confused the dates?

Bulbanews said that it was stated to be the English name, not the Chinese one. No idea why the Hong Kong site would report on that, though.
Where's this Bulbanews that I can't find?

Of course Absorption is English. Can't you read? It's even spelled correctly.

@Esserise
UB-02 Expansion: It's body is entirely covered in muscles. The strength it unleashes in its fists is beyond estimation. It features a long mouth (Can I just call this proboscis?) that is said to be harder than diamond. It can sometimes use it to attack its opponents.

UB-02 Beauty: It is said that any Pokemon who sees UB02 will be completely mesmerized and lose all sense of hostility, regardless of gender. Whether it releases an unknown pheromone or its appearance seems to invoke a state of hypnosis, the real reason remains unknown. It's slim and nimble legs can extend itself, allowing it to move faster than lightning.

Thanks to @捷克羅姆 for the translations! :D

Where's this Bulbanews that I can't find?

Of course Absorption is English. Can't you read? It's even spelled correctly.

Okay, wow, no need to be rude. And you literally just said:

"The Chinese version has never changed anything from the Japanese version.
There's no way the Chinese version's having a name that other countries don't!"

Implying that you thought it was the Chinese name, not the English one.

Okay, wow, no need to be rude. And you literally just said:

"The Chinese version has never changed anything from the Japanese version.
There's no way the Chinese version's having a name that other countries don't!"

Implying that you thought it was the Chinese name, not the English one.
The Chinese version always kept the same English names the Japanese versions have.
That's what I meant.

The riddler says we can wait for more news about this Absorption business.

That's exactly why I'm saying that Nintendo Hong Kong is making a mistake.

Oh, thanks to both of you!

That bit about hypnosis in Beauty's description is interesting. We've gotten a couple of mind-controllers already in this generation - Sandygast and female Salandit. Probably not significant but it's just something I've noticed. Though how are our Pokémon supposed to fight it, if it pacifies them? :p

For that matter, will battles against the Ultra Beasts even be comparable to regular battles? I think it'd be pretty cool if they got their own unique battle system.

The Chinese version always kept the same English names the Japanese versions have.
That's what I meant.

Do you mean names named after English words in the game stay the same between both Chinese and Japanese versions? (Because of course there are going to be names in Japanese made with Japanese words and named in Chinese in Chinese words.) Are there really that many names that are purely English in the Japanese/Chinese games? And do they actually drive a distinction between the two? Not a lot of this makes sense to me.

Also, the two UB02s seem to be version exclusive. How would a third UB02 work?

Do you mean names named after English words in the game stay the same between both Chinese and Japanese versions?

Also, the two UB02s seem to be version exclusive. How would a third UB02 work?
Yes.
In fact, a lot of stuff in the Japanese version are made of English words.
Like Battle Frontier, Battle House (called Battle Maison in English),
and basically all legendary Pokemon names.

It could be UB03 or 04 and so on.
Nintendo HK said there will be more UBs

Just don't make these... things... catchable, and I will try to ignore them.

So by typo, you meant that... the "2" part was a typo. Got it. Makes a lot more sense now.
No.
I mean that they should have typed Ub02 Expansion, instead of Absorption.
Absorption should be the name of another UB. Maybe UB03 or 04 or so on.

I don't understand why you don't understand right from the start anyway.
Why do you find this so difficult when people on Smogon.com have absolutely no problems with it?

The fact that they are spelling the ENGLISH word Absorption correct has to mean that the staff confused Expansion with another UB which is Absorption.
Absorption could be UB03.

No.

Yep, sorry, my last post was under-researched trash and I've deleted it now. I thought about it again and that makes no sense at all.

In any case, I still think that Absorption is going to be the localized name. I just can't see someone take a name for a not-yet-revealed UB and putting it next to both the wrong number and image. Bulbanews has nothing to do with this anymore now, I just find that to be the most probably explanation as of now.
You don't have to agree.

No.

I don't understand why you don't understand right from the start anyway.
Why do you find this so difficult when people on Smogon.com have absolutely no problems with it?

The fact that they are spelling the ENGLISH word Absorption correct has to mean that the staff confused Expansion with another UB which is Absorption.
Absorption could be UB03.
Are they not allowed to put down they're own name for it? I'm pretty sure other countries do that as well so I don't see the big issue.

Are they not allowed to put down they're own name for it? I'm pretty sure other countries do that as well so I don't see the big issue.
As I said before, English names from the Japanese version are always followed in the Chinese version.
Chinese version has never chose its own English words for itself before.
So it's basically impossible.

As I said before, English names from the Japanese version are always followed in the Chinese version.
Chinese version has never chose its own English words for itself before.
So it's basically impossible.
It's not like they can't diverge just this once. Actually it's not even once, they did the same for type null.

Back
Top Bottom