• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Just don't make these... things... catchable, and I will try to ignore them.

I don't want them to be catchable either, though for different reasons. If they are catchable, though, you could always simply not catch them yourself, or release them.

Edit: Also moving this here -

Plus, this gen has been breaking a lot of traditions already.

I don't think tradition-breaking would be a factor in this case... the tradition-breaking is a matter of game design and is something being done by Game Freak (the creators) themselves, not the various divisions of TPCi.

I don't see any reason for them to not use "Expansion" in the Chinese name. It's not like with Type: Null where the Spanish games were translating its whole name from English (which itself had been translated from Japanese) to Spanish. "Expansion" is an English element in the Japanese name, and I don't know why they wouldn't just carry that over into the Chinese version, where it would then be an English element in the Chinese name. They would literally just have to write the same English word that is in the Japanese name, as opposed to actually translating/changing anything.

Last edited:
I don't want them to be catchable either, though for different reasons. If they are catchable, though, you could always simply not catch them yourself, or release them.

Edit: Also moving this here -

I don't think tradition-breaking would be a factor in this case... the tradition-breaking is a matter of game design and is something being done by Game Freak (the creators) themselves, not the various divisions of TPCi.

I don't see any reason for them to not use "Expansion" in the Chinese name. It's not like with Type: Null where the Spanish games were translating its whole name from English (which itself had been translated from Japanese) to Spanish. "Expansion" is an English element in the Japanese name, and I don't know why they wouldn't just carry that over into the Chinese version, where it would then be an English element in the Chinese name. They would literally just have to write the same English word that is in the Japanese name, as opposed to actually translating/changing anything.
Exactly. thanks.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed there isn't a new trailer, though I think it was too good to be true. CoroCoro leaks the 12th and there's supposed to be stuff on the 14th. I think most months that we got Coro Coro we waited around a week for more news. I pray the 20th has something. Its gonna be difficult writing my Psych journal and Creative Writing Short Story now that I'll be waiting again.I guess it's good we're going slow.

Lamest update ever.

I mean, talk about a momentum killer.

Weird aliens that aren't Pokemon should not be the centre of the news.

Well that was disappointing as heck. We don't even get a trailer or anything really new. Yeah, we've gotten quite a bit of news just from CoroCoro leaks, but they've been pretty consistent with these announcements providing more news as well. Plus, I've been really excited and hopeful to see the starters' middle form. I wouldn't have minded not getting that if we had at least gotten a cool new trailer, but we got nothing. The information on the two new Ultra Beasts is interesting, but it's immensely disappointing after being excited and looking forward to waking up to more Pokemon news. Waking up to Pokemon news always makes me happier and I need more happiness in my life darn it. Hopefully the trailer on the 20th won't be practically nothing.

Aww I wanted to see footage of Rockruff and the second stage starters. I'm guessing there's no trailer next week, either. :\

I think next week will be the Rockruff evolutions. It seems around a week (give or take) after Corocoro we've been getting their news, like with Palossand and Stufful being the 19th(?) last month and Bewear and Mimikyu being the 19th in July.

We seem to get a big news drop at the start of the month and then decent size one around the middle, and since today's was... lacking, next week's is probably our second one (ignoring the Direct since that's an exception).

For that matter, will battles against the Ultra Beasts even be comparable to regular battles? I think it'd be pretty cool if they got their own unique battle system.

What do you imagine?

I just naturally assumed the battles vs the UBs would be 3v1, but I have no idea!

Also, the connection to female Salandit etc is kinda interesting; I wonder if that's anything beyond coincidence.

I agree; I'm so excited for these UBs to be something cool and more importantly, powerful. They shouldn't be something players can control.

Lamest update ever.

I mean, talk about a momentum killer.

I agree

Weird aliens that aren't Pokemon should not be the centre of the news.

I disagree, because these weird aliens are levels more exciting than pokemon now

Awesome! That is an instant mood lifter! :D :D :D

UB-02 Absorption looks awesome. And that effect on Koko jumping in the fight! Too good :D

So UB-02 Expansion is actually UB-02 Absorption? Huh.

Maybe because it is based on a mosquito, it absorbs(sucks) life (blood) out of humans and pokemon?

Well I get that, but why isn't the Japanese name just Absorption too then? Why bother with English names if the actual English names aren't even the same?:p

I know the same is done with characters with English Japanese names, but now they did keep Beauty and changed Expansion...

Back
Top Bottom