• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Even if Corocoro had not leaked, I'd have found this underwhelming. My issue is not the content, its that they decided to only show one thing and released a video that was under a minute long for an announcement they had told us about last week.

Well, that's your prerogative and that's fair enough. At any rate, I don't think we're really in a position to say what does and does not merit an announcement - they will of course dole out however much information they deem appropriate, and we have already been witness to some extremely large updates (the one revealing Alola Forms, Island Trials, and Z-Moves all at the same time, or even the most recent one about the Aether Foundation, Gladion, the Poké Finder, and the concept of Ultra Beasts and two new Pokémon and an Alola Form), so I'm not really surprised that they might want to scale some of them back somewhat.

Besides that, had this been the first that we had seen of the UB-02s, and were only just now having our "Aggggggh they look so freaking weird!!!!" and "Oh man UBs versus Guardians????" and "Holy sh*t Beauty looks like Lusamine, conspiracy theories confirmed!!!!!!!!" reactions, I feel confident in saying that this would generally be viewed as a pretty worthwhile update.

Last edited:
I would have to disagree. XD I find the Ultra Beasts underwhelming news no matter what. Lugarugan stole the show in CoroCoro. no doubt, but the two Ultra Beasts were kinda just "meh" news aside from that, only further confirming what we had already speculated when we saw the Aether Foundation, Gladion and UB-01. So I don't feel like the fact that CoroCoro revealed them before the trailer made all that much of an impact on the fact that it's just really underwhelming news.

Really, without more information on just what Ultra Beasts are and what their involvement is in the plot, I don't think that their designs mean all that much to anyone. No one's really looking at them and going "Ooh, I want that one." or "Ugh, I hate that one." or "Ooh, I'm going to add that to my team." We're just looking at them like "Yeah okay, I'm probably going to have to kick that thing's butt at some point- what's it even doing here?"

Unless you're big into alien designs or super hyped to get no information, the trailer really had nothing to it.

In fairness I think we would all be a lot more surprised by this had Corocoro not leaked, but as always, that's the trade-off that comes with getting it early.

In the alternative universe where people don't leak Corocoro, all of the UB-02 speculation that we've already gotten in is only just starting, and those "us" are due to see Rockruff's evolutions tomorrow. :p

I'll say again that this would be a much bigger reveal if Corocoro had not spoiled it. We should all know by now that their policy is to not acknowledge leaks and to proceed as if they had never happened.

I understand the disappointment here, but we are the ones who were enthusiastically counting down the days until the scans leaked - in other words, until somebody took it upon themselves to undermine the company and their schedule - and then indulged them when they did.

Yeah thats all true. Still can't help but be kinda disappointed but what can you do. I'm still happy to see that cool looking werewolf though! Knowing such a cool pokemon exist is good enough as far as I'm cooncerned! Can't wait to get it on my team.

I would have to disagree. XD I find the Ultra Beasts underwhelming news no matter what. Lugarugan stole the show in CoroCoro. no doubt, but the two Ultra Beasts were kinda just "meh" news aside from that, only further confirming what we had already speculated when we saw the Aether Foundation, Gladion and UB-01. So I don't feel like the fact that CoroCoro revealed them before the trailer made all that much of an impact on the fact that it's just really underwhelming news.

Really, without more information on just what Ultra Beasts are and what their involvement is in the plot, I don't think that their designs mean all that much to anyone. No one's really looking at them and going "Ooh, I want that one." or "Ugh, I hate that one." or "Ooh, I'm going to add that to my team." We're just looking at them like "Yeah okay, I'm probably going to have to kick that thing's butt at some point- what's it even doing here?"

Unless you're big into alien designs or super hyped to get no information, the trailer really had nothing to it.

Well before we knew abt the UB-02s all that anyone speculating had to go on was rumors and theories abt hair. Granted very sensible ones but still. Now that we have a UB that looks remarkably like Lusamine that helps certain theories a lot and makes others less likely.

It's less "Yeah okay, I'm probably going to have to kick that thing's butt at some point- what's it even doing here?" more "Ok so we do have a Lusamine lookaike too! So I might just be right! but what's with the red and black all over muscly one? Hmm."

Well before we knew abt the UB-02s all that anyone speculating had to go on was rumors and theories abt hair. Granted very sensible ones but still. Now that we have a UB that looks remarkably like Lusamine that helps certain theories a lot and makes others less likely.

It's less "Yeah okay, I'm probably going to have to kick that thing's butt at some point- what's it even doing here?" more "Ok so we do have a Lusamine lookaike too! So I might just be right! but what's with the red and black all over muscly one? Hmm."

The red and black one is probably Gladion. It doesn't bare as strong a resemblance as the other two, but falling in with all that we've speculated so far, it's not an unreasonable conclusion.

And maybe it's just me, but gaining more evidence towards a relationship between the NPCs and the Ultra Beasts is still underwhelming when Lillie was so borderline obvious. We still haven't learned anything about them, and I very much don't expect to until the games actually come out, but they still aren't big news on their own. It's like an ice cream stand announcing that their new flavor is strawberry- they already had chocolate and vanilla so you pretty much saw it coming, and maybe you kinda like strawberry, but it's still just plain ice cream and nothing to really pique your interest. Maybe Beauty and Absorption are mint chip and rocky road, but they're no giant ice cream sundae.

Lackluster "news" indeed but let's look at the bright side; the cutscenes we've seen so far look pretty amazing! I have a feeling the Guardians will summon the box mascots in order to help defeat the UBs at some point so I'm hoping for an epic cutscene battle between Solgaleo/Lunala and the UBs.

Prediction for next trailer - just confirmation of the typing of day form and night form of Rockruff's evolution (sarcasm).
Seriously though, I hope they don't do what happen today on the 20th because that wouldn't be cool in my opinion. Surely there be more pokemon to reveal?

Prediction for next trailer - just confirmation of the typing of day form and night form of Rockruff's evolution (sarcasm).
Seriously though, I hope they don't do what happen today on the 20th because that wouldn't be cool in my opinion. Surely there be more pokemon to reveal?

I highly doubt they will do the same thing again on the 20th. They wouldn't try to. Perhaps the reason today's trailer was lackluster was because they are saving the other info for the 20th for an epic reveal, perhaps something more than revealing Pokémon and their evolutions.

I highly doubt they will do the same thing again on the 20th. They wouldn't try to. Perhaps the reason today's trailer was lackluster was because they are saving the other info for the 20th for an epic reveal, perhaps something more than revealing Pokémon and their evolutions.
I could see them actually just going ahead and showing Rockruff and the starter's secrets that they mentioned in CoroCoro. Whether that is split day and night forms, or something else entirely.

I think I said this yesterday, but we've been getting one big trailer at the start of the month and then a not-quite-as-big-but-still-decent one around halfway through. Yesterday's doesn't really fit with that pattern, so I think that's what the 20th one will be and it'll include Rockruff's evolution and probably some other little bits.

I hope get English news and confirmation about Rockruff's evolution on the 20th.

I was going to get Moon, but...I like the Mid-day form a lot...

The anime seems to be telling us that there is no new form for Greninja after all. Just anime nonsense.

The anime seems to be telling us that there is no new form for Greninja after all. Just anime nonsense.

I saw something on Serebii about that. There's an episode titled "Goodbye Ash-Greninja" or something like that.

I don't really get it, is Ash going to lose the ability to synch with Greninja? How do you say goodbye to a form change?

The Farewell, Ash-Greninja! epsiode airs on the 20th of October. Guess this means either no Z-Forms or Ash-Greninja is moving to the games. :/

Well, I think it's more to the point that they need to write off the mon before the next season starts just so Ash is stuck with Pikachu only once he goes to Alola. That's neither here nor there, though...

Two very reliable leaks have told us otherwise.

i think Alola is closing the gen gap and this chapter of separation. That's what i feel from the games. It is tying people who grew up playing gen 1 &2 with the others who grew up playing the other gens. These games focus alot of day/night from gen 2 we have gen 1 alola pokemon and we have the new pokemon, many very new aspects... its getting a fresh start while mending (gen gap) and closing a chapter (the separation of players) of pokemon. just bringing it all together so we have the onward march to the future of pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom