• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

which leaks were these? I've lost track now. D:

The Chinese leak, which has held up very well thus far, and the leak that mentions Oricorio, Alola Forms, and the S.S. Anne and such, although you can see the most recent posts in the leaks thread for more discussion on that one. But even if the second one were to be tossed out, the Chinese leak mentioning it would be enough for me.

Wait. Was the fact that the news would be announced only in Japanese, or have the English sites said something about it as well?

Wait. Was the fact that the news would be announced only in Japanese, or have the English sites said something about it as well?

I'm not sure myself, but seeing how Rugarugan is going unaccounted for at the moment I'd assume it's going to be an international trailer.

As for predictions:

-Rugarugan Details (English Names, Types, Exclusivity)
-Cutiefly Evo (Has been already seen, may as well give it up GameFreak! :p)
-Pikipek Middle Evo (Waaaaaaaaaay overdue in comparison to other regional bird evos, or at least last Gen's)
-A completely new Pokémon (They tend to have at least one in larger trailers)
-An Alola Form (Same as above)
-And if the starters share Rugarugan's secret, I can see blatant teasing or even a reveal.
-Some sort of new important character, like a Professor, Kahuna or Trial Captain.
-An exclusive Z-Move or two.

I can only see a selection of these, not all at once.

Would this mean we can potentially have different final evolutions for the starters?

Vague Leak Talk
Some shakier, less concrete leaks have said so, but even without leaks the starters and Rockruff are said to all have secrets, and it's a good chance those secrets are shared, and the evolving into different forms of the same Pokémon by time does seem to be Rockruff's secret.

Some shakier, less concrete leaks have said so, but even without leaks the starters and Rockruff are said to all have secrets, and it's a good chance those secrets are shared, and the evolving into different forms of the same Pokémon by time does seem to be Rockruff's secret.
Hype level increased! :D

Again, I won't get the news until 1 am tomorrow so I get up around 7:30 - 8 am to check it out. I prepared for just confirmation of the typing of Rockruff's evolution and forms. Be good to see more than that though.

I need alolan persian in my life. Dark types are up there with fire types and poison type as my favorites.

I'd also enjoy pikipek evolution and at least the middle evolution for our starters.

The national sites typically don't say much about the announcements. Or rather they haven't typically when it comes to these announcements. Every tease for an announcement has basically come from Japan, but every time we've gotten info on a national scale as well.

I'm still hoping for the starters' middle stages. I've been curious about that for awhile and it would help to settle quite a few rumors. Rockruff's evolved forms are a guarantee and it will be good to know whether or not the forms are version exclusive. Cutiefly's evolution would be nice and I wouldn't mind Pikipek's either. Another Alola form or two would b good as well.

Yeah, honestly if there's one thing I really want from tomorrow it's clarification of Lugarugan's situation. CoroCoro seemed to imply two different ways for it to evolve and while I think both ways are possible at once I believe it's more of semantics rather than it actually being both. I believe that Rockruff evolves depending on the time of day and when CoroCoro called the evos version exclusives it meant that one form is easier to get in one game and the other form in the other game. This is due to most people being awake during the daytiime in real life and thus the ingame time would differ. I don't think it meant that you can't get Midday form in Moon or Midnight form in Sun. Just that they are easier to get in their respective games. Either way some clarification would definitely help in that regard. lol

If this update is similar to last week's, I imagine info on Rugarugan and nothing more. Last week really threw many off guard with a very minimal update featuring only the UB-02's. If it weren't for that, I'd expect like four new Pokemon, though I expect like a very small video with just Rockruff's evolution.

Last edited:
I kinda wonder if something didn't happen last week because the trailer was late and we did get such a short amount of footage, then they announced the next batch of news for the 20th. Maybe we were due for a lot more, but they just weren't ready to show the rest of it yet. The UB announcement was like a sad attempt to give just enough to avoid having no news on the 14th after they had already promised some.

Maybe they were all geared up to show Lugarugan and then went "Oops, CoroCoro was supposed to be releasing that and it's not officially out yet."

There's a part of me that thinks we're going to get more than just information about Rockruff evos, and it's keeping my brain off of my work. At least I don't have an early class tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit, then watch the trailer. I don't know why but I think since last week we got so little they plan to really shock us with the next news. Maybe I'm wrong, and they'll just have the evos information, which will be good enough. Hoping that the seperate evos aren't version exclusive, but whether you evolve in night or day. I don't know if I would be able to choose between Pokemon Moon, or Midday Lugarugan if it comes to it.

EDIT: Just saw that it looks like the two evos are going based on the version you get. Well now I have a really hard decision to make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom