• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Hohohohahahaha... This trailer. It's like the entire thing was a message of "Be careful what you wish for!"
  • So, first off, those all-new Pokemon. Primates! While I was never a fan of using one on a team, these ones intrigue me enough for their unique abilities and moves. I think Instruct has a lot of potential!
  • Next, Lycanroc. Gonna be hard for me to get used to typing out its name without accidentally typing in the K. And version exclusivity... I don't mind, I know others do, and in this case it was just a matter of time before it was revealed to be the case. Interesting that Midnight Form remains pure Rock, though...
  • Fashion-Forward in Alola... Yeah, I'm not buying your subtle advertising. I already bought New Style Boutique 2, after all. But anyway, nice to see custom outfits are confirmed for real!
  • Pokemon Refresh... Hm. This has me more curious than excited because it definitely looks to be a Pokemon-Amie equivalent. What changes about it this time around?
  • > exclusive Z-Moves for Pikachu and Eevee
    Aaaahahahahahaha oh my god you have no idea how much I laughed at this one
    I threw this idea around as a joke in the Z-Moves thread. Now that it's real, though, it makes a lot of sense - Ash is gonna need a new beatstick once he loses Ash-Greninja! On Catastropika itself, it's basically the (Heat) Kick Macher from Kamen Rider Mach - a spinning ball into a dive aimed at the enemy with a huge explosion of whatever on impact. It's brilliant!

As for Eevee's Extreme Evoboost, it's one of the most unique ones out there so far - it's either Power Herb Geomancy + Attack and Defense, or Ancient Power's secondary effect x2! Either way, this looks to be pretty insane, though I mostly see it as something that's used for fun and while you're training up that mon more than it is an instance where we'll be using it for serious competition.
Overall, I'm laughing and sitting pretty. Gonna enjoy all the chaos and reaction to this news...
Did we have colored contacts last time?
Well, they showed off new colours. You could pick them up in the PR Video Studio in Kalos.

This official image is admittedly making me like Oranguru more actually...

tumblr_odt0uyKWCL1r7ym5ao1_1280.png

Harambe lives on..

• Pokemon Refresh... Hm. This has me more curious than excited because it definitely looks to be a Pokemon-Amie equivalent. What changes about it this time around?
Well, from what I can see, it can cure status effects, like poison and paralysis. Other than that, it doesn't seem any different from Pokemon Amie.

For some reason, the picture makes me think if this.
Poplio: *All nice and clean, snuggles into the blanket as he ignores the chaos* ^^
Girl: *Brushes Togedemaru* Aw, look how cute and clean you are! :D
Togedemaru: *Snuggles into the girl's arms* ~^^~
Litten: *Begs for attention* "Hay, it's my turn!!"
Rowlet: *Is filthy* "I want a bath too!" :(
Oranguru: *Doesn't care what's going on*
Boy: *Giving Oranguru a bath*
Hau: *Giving out cookies to all of the Pokemon as Yougoos tries to eat the cookie in his hand* H-hay leave the rest for everyone, okay? XD
Youngoos: *Trying to eat cookie out of Hau's hand anyways and might bite his hand as well*
Pikipek: *Steals a cookie and flies away* ^^

Good trailer.
Likes -
Rugby Monkey looks neat.
Oranguru/Harambe confirmed
Lycanroc's Midnight forme
Trainer Customization and Pokemon grooming and shit
Pikachu's Z-move name Catastropika....rofl...whoever came up with that deserves a promotion!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Dislikes -
Eevee's underwhelming Z-move (It is so weak already, why give it stat boosts as a Z-move, if it was one of Eeveelutions I would understand)
Lycanroc's Midnight being in Moon (since I will be getting Sun)

Orangutan. Not Gorilla. The Description is all Orangatan

I'm afraid meme people won't care about the technicalities, as long as there's similarity. They're in the same family anyway.

It's a psychic primate, it's like harambe's spirit Pokémon..

And Passimian is a lemur, not a monkey.

But more importantly; yeah, like that's gonna stop anyone.
Hey, you are the taxonomy expert. Not us :p . For us, we see monkey/gorilla/lemur/primate/chimp? Its HARAMBE :giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Does it bug anyone else that this can remove status effects? I mean I love Pokemon amie but why would I ever buy items ever if I can just do this to remove status effects?
Well, that or berries - for those that use items in battle, you're gonna need some of them.

You probably won't get access to this straight away, or if you do, maybe it can only be done so many times before you have to let it cool down?

Berries and Pokemon with Aromatherapy can remove status. I'd assume the reason you'd just use items is because its much faster. But also--why buy items when there are Pokemon centres? Why have Pokemon centres when depositing Pokemon in the PC auto-heals them?

EDIT: I also like the contrast between Passimilion and Oranguru. The former thrives in teams and gets its strength off its teammates. The latter prefers to live on its own and rather than working together, would "boss around" its teammate with Instruct.

OK so let's talk about this: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon | Pokemon.com/SunMoon

Does it bug anyone else that this can remove status effects? I mean I love Pokemon amie but why would I ever buy items ever if I can just do this to remove status effects?
Not me since I always use berries to heal my Pokemon's status in or after battle and we're good to go. Playing with Pokemon and making them feel better and clean is fun and cute.

I'd assume the reason you'd just use items is because its much faster.
Maybe you're stranded out somewhere where you can't use Fly while you're missing those items?
Why have Pokemon centres when depositing Pokemon in the PC auto-heals them?
Because it's a convoluted process that only speedrunning employs.

Why have Pokemon centres when depositing Pokemon in the PC auto-heals them?

Oh I'm very guilty of this.

But while we're talking about the PC, here's another one - why have the separate Withdraw & Deposit options despite Organize Boxes having both functionalities at once? There's no shortage of redundancies in Pokémon. :p

Last edited:
OK so let's talk about this: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon | Pokemon.com/SunMoon

I guess if your grinding items might be useful because they probably won't take as long as the new refresh does, but yeah. No more reason to buy those items. It's possible that you'll have to still use it for the affects of sleep, because it shows Refresh shutting down when your pokemon is asleep. And it didn't show anything about healing burn status, though I can imagine it will probably be able to heal it too. I don't mind not having to buy these items anymore. More money for clothes XD

Okay, time for my input on the trailer.

Lycanroc: I'm very pleased with the name. Very fitting, if you ask me. And it's about time we got a genuine wolf Pokemon. And while I can understand why some are upset about it not being dual typed, I'm quite fine with both forms being just Rock. Sometimes simplicity is best. The abilities are a tad lacking, but not completely useless. Vital Spirit can at least keep pesky moves like the ever-common Spore out of the picture. And it looks like Accelrock for Midday Form packs a decent punch. Talonflame may be in some trouble now. I also love the fact that the two formes have different cries. Makes each more unique. Good thing I'm getting both versions, so I can try out both formes. Overall, I'm pleased.

Passimian: Welp, the rugby monkey turned out to be true (yes, I know it's a lemur, I'm just referencing the leaks). Overall, I rather like it. Very unique, nice design, very intriguing ability, and quite interesting lore. Maybe I'll name mine Zaboomafu or Julian for fun. I wonder what that berry-lobbing move was that it used against Type: Null. It seemed to do regular damage, so I can guess that it's not a Fighting-type move. Not too shabby.

Oranguru: A very interesting Mon, to say the least. I love the Normal/Psychic mix, and it seem to fit it well. Instruct looks like a really promising move, as it can command a tag-partner to use a move, even if it already attacked. Just like the trailer showed, combining a wide-ranged attack like Surf with Instruct and the ability Telepathy could really decimate the opponent with minimal effort. It'll be brutal in double battles. And I like that the lore references the real-world name people call orangs: "the old man of the forest". Nice little tie-in there. Overall, nice.

Z-Moves: Heh, we should've know that Pikachu would get its own Z-Move. I got a good laugh out of Pikachu mimicking its trainer when executing the Z-Move. And whoever gave the Z-Move that name should get a promotion, or at least a raise, as it's priceless. But Eevee is the real winner here. Such a unique Z-Move, calling forth all its evolved forms to boost its power. Shame it doesn't really help Eevee, but maybe a little Baton Pass action with a bruiser like Garchomp could make the move worthwhile. And at least this proves that not all Z-Moves are damaging attacks.

Pokemon Refresh: A nice new twist on the old Pokemon Amie. Plus the added perks of being able to cure status ailments right on the spot if one is short on items or not near a Pokemon Center. Plus it just seems so much more natural than Amie. Don't get me wrong, I liked Amie, but this seems more like how interacting and playing with Pokemon should be. I wonder if it'll have the same benefits as Amie did (boosting EXP, self-curing status ailments in battle, etc). I rather like this concept, as, unlike Amie, you can't just abuse it early in the game then ignore it for the rest of the game (I know I'm guilty of that at times...). I like it.

And in relation to earlier news, I'm glad that the Pokemon Bank won't update until January. That means everyone will have to use what's available in the games until then, so no falling back on certain Pokemon if they're not available in-game until later. I rather like that concept, as it puts everyone on an equal footing (more or less, anyway).

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the update. I would've liked to see the starters mid-stage and Pikipek's evo by now, but I'll take what I can get.

I wonder if it'll have the same benefits as Amie did (boosting EXP, self-curing status ailments in battle, etc).
The site mentions surviving lethal blows and dodging more often, so it's safe to assume that Pokemon Refresh does come into play with affection again. They wouldn't remove Sylveon's evolution method so soon!

Back
Top Bottom